Author Topic: Kanye West Poses As Jesus on Rolling Stone Cover  (Read 600 times)

'EclipZe

Re: Kanye West Poses As Jesus on Rolling Stone Cover
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »
first mase now kanye wtf is going on with this shit, god should smit them right now

lol in a few months its KILLA KANYE  ;D

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 10:40:39 AM »
some1 plz bitch slap kanye west.

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 06:35:18 PM »
Meanwhile, artists like Nas, Rakim, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, etc., etc., would have been revolutionaries trying to seperate and get their own state or territory.

You talk about that like it's an admirable thing...and I thought Mos Def was Sunni orthodox, not NOI/NGE?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 07:40:57 PM »
Meanwhile, artists like Nas, Rakim, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, etc., etc., would have been revolutionaries trying to seperate and get their own state or territory.

You talk about that like it's an admirable thing...and I thought Mos Def was Sunni orthodox, not NOI/NGE?

You and I are talking about two totally different things.  I was using the 60's as a metaphor for the hip-hop game.  It's just a metaphor homie, your on a whole nother subject.

It regards to what you saying though...

-yes, Mos Def is orthodox.
-yes, I do admire those African American's in the 60's who, rather than setting up white people as their standard and begging to sit at integrated toilets, they sought out complete seperation and success on their own terms.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Eihtball

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 08:17:32 PM »
You and I are talking about two totally different things.  I was using the 60's as a metaphor for the hip-hop game.  It's just a metaphor homie, your on a whole nother subject.

No I'm not.  I understand fully that it's a metaphor.  Your metaphor simply revealed something about your personal beliefs that surprised me.

-yes, I do admire those African American's in the 60's who, rather than setting up white people as their standard and begging to sit at integrated toilets, they sought out complete seperation and success on their own terms.

I admired them, too...when I was 16.  Like brothers Malcolm and imam W.D. Mohammed, however, I eventually realized how misguided they were.

I'm a bit surprised to see that a white man would find black separatism is at all a good thing, but I guess this answers my earlier question about your opinions on the NOI and NGE.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 08:20:14 PM by Eihtball »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »
i'm offended and i'm an atheist.  Actually, its just corny as a motherfucker.

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 05:50:37 AM »
There's nothing clever or shocking about it, just the attempt to be clever or shocking by someone who's pretty shallow and thinks he's deep.  So when I see that picture, it doesn't shock or disgust or anger me, it just makes me indifferent.   

I don't think anybody is taking offense to it in the sense that they're calling it heretical...I think we can agree it's just ridiculous that he thinks he's so much more intelligent and underrated than he is.

Oh? Two did already on this thread.

first mase now kanye wtf is going on with this shit, god should smit them right now

thats just disrepectoin, fuck kanye for that

That's Kanye's point, he's trying to get people offended.