Author Topic: NBA Fires Hornet's Chris Andersen  (Read 457 times)

mrtonguetwista

NBA Fires Hornet's Chris Andersen
« on: January 28, 2006, 03:28:16 PM »
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets' emotions upon learning of Chris Andersen's dismissal from the NBA for violating the league's drug policy ranged from anger to dismay to compassion.

The Hornets were in Memphis to play the Grizzlies on Saturday night, without the reserve forward known to teammates as "Birdman," whose dismissal was announced by the league Friday.

"You're a little shocked. You're a little disappointed. I even got angry at first," Hornets coach Byron Scott said. "But then you have to start thinking about the person. Bird obviously needs some help in dealing with this situation, so then you start having compassion for him as a person. You stop thinking about the basketball part of it."

The 27-year-old Andersen averaged 5.0 points and 4.8 rebounds in 32 games this season, his fifth in the NBA. He played three seasons for the Denver Nuggets before joining the Hornets.

According to the league's collective bargaining agreement, a player only can be disqualified for a fourth positive test for performance-enhancing drugs, or a first positive test for "drugs of abuse." Andersen has never been suspended for performance-enhancing drugs.

The drugs on the "abuse" list are amphetamine and its analogs, which include methamphetamine; cocaine; LSD; opiates, including heroin, codeine and morphine; and PCP.

Andersen must wait two years before he can apply for reinstatement, the league said.

Neither the NBA nor the players association is allowed to comment on specifics of a player's drug test. Union representatives already have said they plan to file a grievance.

Teammates said that besides Andersen's shot-blocking ability, rebounding and high-flying dunks that earned him his nickname, they also will miss his spirit.

"He's a fun-loving guy and just a great teammate," veteran P.J. Brown said. "He was one of those guys if things aren't going well, he can liven up a practice faster than anybody I've ever seen. He is just a joy to be around. To see a friend in trouble and going through a tough situation, it really hurts."

Guard Chris Paul added: "He was a huge, vital part of this team. Every day at practice he was smiling and always playing hard. We really fed off of his energy, game in and game out."

Andersen is the first player kicked out of the NBA because of drugs since Stanley Roberts in 1999.

"He still has a love for the game," Scott said. "He just took a slight detour, and it cost him. Everybody makes mistakes, and he'll hopefully learn from this and be able to get back."

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: NBA Fires Hornet's Chris Andersen
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:33:24 PM »
No Surprise...his nickname is Birdman.  8)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »
damn he took all those drugs and he still played in the nba?

Bigg $amo

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 04:53:46 PM »
^^

According to the league's collective bargaining agreement, a player only can be disqualified for a fourth positive test for performance-enhancing drugs, or a first positive test for "drugs of abuse." Andersen has never been suspended for performance-enhancing drugs.

The drugs on the "abuse" list are amphetamine and its analogs, which include methamphetamine; cocaine; LSD; opiates, including heroin, codeine and morphine; and PCP.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »
what a surprise! He looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo..... ;D

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 05:39:39 PM »

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 06:23:53 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 08:09:51 PM »
LOL...I doubt he got kicked out for smoking weed. Probably sniffin' coke or some shit...Anyone have more info on this? What he was doing, how he got caught?

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 08:35:25 PM »
prolly a periodical drug test... jus some random shit maybe

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 10:20:57 PM »

LMAO ahaha he does too, thats just to funny man

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 11:14:03 PM »
LOL...I doubt he got kicked out for smoking weed. Probably sniffin' coke or some shit...Anyone have more info on this? What he was doing, how he got caught?

fuckin Scooby ratted on him...

acbaylove

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 01:12:08 AM »
Moron.

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 11:45:49 AM »
he couldn't have been kicked out for smoking weed, cause they let you get away with that a few times before they boot you. my guess is he was off that white girl,or maybe meth but not that likely.