Author Topic: Snoop Dogg or Nas  (Read 1023 times)

ToNe1904

Re: Snoop Dogg or Nas
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2002, 02:27:10 PM »
every is sayin doggystyle changed tha game,  which it did,  but did any1 forget about illmatic,  this album helped put east back in tha game.  Granted doggystyle is more influential but dont take away what illmatic did for tha game either

i dont think Illmatic had that much impact really. There were other eastcoast artists who played a MUCH bigger role in bringin back tha east (wu-tang comez tah mind)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2002, 03:18:45 PM »

i dont think Illmatic had that much impact really. There were other eastcoast artists who played a MUCH bigger role in bringin back tha east (wu-tang comez tah mind)

ok than,  i guess bein called tha next rakim means shit.  Nas played a bigger part than wu-tang,  wu-tang was more bringin east back into tha mainstream but Nas was turnin heads since 92 when every1 1st heard live at tha bbq.  He had jus as much hype as snoop did when it came to waiting for debut albums

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2002, 03:26:11 PM »

respect on that. intelligent post. ;D
the question was carreer wise who is better. meaning 1) who sold more, 2) more popular, 3) done more for rap, 4) better flow, delivery, 5) lyrics, 6) done more outside of music 7) albums
1. Snoop sold more
2. Snoop more popular
3. Snoop done more for rap
4. Snoop got a better flow/ delivery
5. NAS got better lyrics
6. Snoop done more outside of music
7. Snoop has better albums

Put these 2 dogs walkin around in a mall and whos gona attract more attention? Career wise its got to be the muthafuckin dogg ...named SNOOP    BOW WOW!

1) Nellly sold more than snoop,  does that make him better han snoop,  fuck no,  sales dont mean shit
2) agreed
3)  agreed but a lot of people are comin here actin like Nas has done jack shit for rap
4) agreed
5)  agreed,  Nas's music is also much more deeper than snoop's music
6) agreed but what does that have to do about tha music,  fi anything it has affected snoop negativly when it comes to makin music
7) Who makes better albums,  i dont know about this 1 here.  Both have 1 definite classic.  Snoop hasnt made an album on tha level of iww or stillmatic,  wit tha exception of doggystyle which illmatic doesnt touch but it is close.  Nas has 2 shitty albums while snoop has only 1.  Snoop has gotten stronger on his past 2 albums,  but has yet 2 put an album close to level of doggystyle while nas dropped an album where it was obvious he was tryin to go back to illmatic level.  So in this catagory i would call it even.  

I aint tryin to hate on snoop,  b/c he is more influential for rap but people r tryin to discredit what nas has done which is complete bull shit

ToNe1904

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2002, 03:26:53 PM »

ok than,  i guess bein called tha next rakim means shit.  Nas played a bigger part than wu-tang,  wu-tang was more bringin east back into tha mainstream but Nas was turnin heads since 92 when every1 1st heard live at tha bbq.  He had jus as much hype as snoop did when it came to waiting for debut albums

umm....well....im in Kali, i dont recall any hype back then over Nas. Maybe out thea in NY yah. But in Kali, Nas has never been anythang major.  When i say impact, i mean REAL impact across the country. Nas neva had that out here, or in tha south.

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2002, 04:01:14 PM »
every is sayin doggystyle changed tha game,  which it did,  but did any1 forget about illmatic,  this album helped put east back in tha game.  Granted doggystyle is more influential but dont take away what illmatic did for tha game either

you speakin tha truth with that. u gotta admit illmatic help put the eastcoast back on tha map.

overall in tha game snoop has had a damn impressive career. BUT, i feel he has the potential to be the best ever. from his freestyle skillz to his charisma, he has it all. however, got to give nas his props for coming back tight with still-matic. 99.9% of the artist in hip hop cant say they matched they're first classic after 7 years. THats what im hopin snoop will do.
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2002, 04:03:41 PM »
S N Double O P........D O Double G!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLANT

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2002, 04:26:55 PM »

1) Nellly sold more than snoop,  does that make him better han snoop,  fuck no,  sales dont mean shit
2) agreed
3)  agreed but a lot of people are comin here actin like Nas has done jack shit for rap
4) agreed
5)  agreed,  Nas's music is also much more deeper than snoop's music
6) agreed but what does that have to do about tha music,  fi anything it has affected snoop negativly when it comes to makin music
7) Who makes better albums,  i dont know about this 1 here.  Both have 1 definite classic.  Snoop hasnt made an album on tha level of iww or stillmatic,  wit tha exception of doggystyle which illmatic doesnt touch but it is close.  Nas has 2 shitty albums while snoop has only 1.  Snoop has gotten stronger on his past 2 albums,  but has yet 2 put an album close to level of doggystyle while nas dropped an album where it was obvious he was tryin to go back to illmatic level.  So in this catagory i would call it even.  

I aint tryin to hate on snoop,  b/c he is more influential for rap but people r tryin to discredit what nas has done which is complete bull shit

I AINT DISCREDIT NAS NO WAY PARTNER...HES MY SECOND FAVORITE NEXT 2 BIGSNOOP. BUT THE QUESTION WAS WHO HAS HAD A BETTER CAREER. YOU REPLIED WITH NELLY SOLD MORE THAN SNOOP DOES THAT MEAN HE BETTER? NO IT DOESNT, BUT SALES DO DETERMINE HOW GOOD OF CARRER YOU HAVE SAME GOES FOR OUTSIDE OF MUSIC. ITS SNOOPS CAREER AND SNOOPS GOT MORE OF A CAREER THAN NAS. HE BEEN MORE PLACES, WORKED WITH MORE PEOPLE, SEEN MORE FACES, SOLD MORE ALBUMS, MOVIES, CLOTHES, CONCERT TICKETS. SHIT LIKE THE HOMIE SAID EVERYONE KNOWS WHO SNOOP DOGG IS. MY GRANDPARENTS KNOW HIM. I THINK HES THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE FIGURE IN RAP. THE WAY HE LOOKS LIKE NO OTHER. HIS STYLE AND HIS VOICE IS ONE OF A KIND. HE PUT THE WHOLE INDUSTRY ON THAT SHIZZLE DIZZLE MY NIZZLE TYPE SHIT. HES INFLUENTIAL. THE TOP DOGG OF THEM ALL. HIS CAREER IS BETTER. NAS MAY BE MORE TALENTED AND GIFTED LYRCIALLY, BUT SNOOP IS A LEGEND.

S.G.V.

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2002, 03:14:32 PM »

umm....well....im in Kali, i dont recall any hype back then over Nas. Maybe out thea in NY yah. But in Kali, Nas has never been anythang major.  When i say impact, i mean REAL impact across the country. Nas neva had that out here, or in tha south.

i agree so damn much with u tone....to tell u the truth when illmatic dropped nobody on the west cared....we were bumpin DOGGYSTYLE everyone was...nobody cared about nas....i still dont care about him.....he has had no impact on my view of hip hop...at all....and big deal if nas is called the next rakim....that doesnt mean anything....that foo MINOR that was on the MIAMI HEAT was called BABY JORDAN and where is he now?....it doesnt matter what CRITICS call u.....get over that.....nas is way too over hyped...when he came on to the WAKE UP SHOW and sway told him to freestyle and he refused to cuz he cant freestyle that just turned me off....he offered to write something down...the fucker didnt even do that he just spit some old shit...how is he a real emcee if he cant freestyle?....hell ive heard snoop freestyle....he will freestyle at any time...not saying that hes a lyrcist...but hes one up on nas in that department....regardless of what u say.....so cmon now....nas is just a flavor of the month.....just like ja rule.....he will be forgotten of soon

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2002, 03:43:55 PM »

nas is just a flavor of the month.....just like ja rule.....he will be forgotten of soon

u r a fuckin idiot,  flavor of tha month.  Nas has been in tha game almost as long as snoop u dumb fuck.  Snoop 91 wit deep cover,  nas 92 wit live at tha bbq.  Snoop dropped doggystyle in 93,  nas dropped illamtic in 94.  Snoop has a year on him.  And all of Nas's albums have gone atleast platnium.  Fuckin idiot,  u still think he is a flavor on tha month.  Tha guy helped put tha east back on tha fuckin map when tha west dominated.  This what im talkin about,  when a stupid fuck come an trys to discredit nas,   granted snoop has done a lot more but some of u act like Nas did nothing for rap

ToNe1904

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2002, 04:32:01 PM »

u r a fuckin idiot,  flavor of tha month.  Nas has been in tha game almost as long as snoop u dumb fuck.  Snoop 91 wit deep cover,  nas 92 wit live at tha bbq.  Snoop dropped doggystyle in 93,  nas dropped illamtic in 94.  Snoop has a year on him.  And all of Nas's albums have gone atleast platnium.  Fuckin idiot,  u still think he is a flavor on tha month.  Tha guy helped put tha east back on tha fuckin map when tha west dominated.  This what im talkin about,  when a stupid fuck come an trys to discredit nas,   granted snoop has done a lot more but some of u act like Nas did nothing for rap

well look tom. i dont feel Nas's impact on hip hop. so am i fuckin idiot now?! huh? naw. its jus this, every emcee who is remotely successful has done SUMthing for rap. but when i measure a rappers influence...i look at tha impact its had on the rap game as a whole. no one can argue what snoop n dre's impact was...n how much they impacted hip hop. it wasnt jus about blowin up tha westcoast. they changed tha face of rap music completely. Nas, had impact on tha east. But out here in kali...there was n o impact whatsoeva frum him. wu tang was far more popular out here then Nas EVER was. n wu tang still wasnt sellin out concerts by themselves. Nas NEVER would have been able to. He was part of a concert down here in S.D. that i went to..back when illmatic came out...n it was a bunch of artists. he didnt even headline...Montell Jordan did! lol. So it aint like im sayin Nas hasnt done SHIT for rap music. im sayin, he hasnt impacted it tha way Snoop, Dre, or NWA has. Or even as much as other NY, or eastcoast artists have. Even right now, as much as all of NY is in LUV with Nas...hes not THAT big of a deal out here. N this is prolly tha Prime of his career.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2002, 05:21:37 PM »

well look tom. i dont feel Nas's impact on hip hop. so am i fuckin idiot now?! huh? naw. its jus this, every emcee who is remotely successful has done SUMthing for rap. but when i measure a rappers influence...i look at tha impact its had on the rap game as a whole. no one can argue what snoop n dre's impact was...n how much they impacted hip hop. it wasnt jus about blowin up tha westcoast. they changed tha face of rap music completely. Nas, had impact on tha east. But out here in kali...there was n o impact whatsoeva frum him. wu tang was far more popular out here then Nas EVER was. n wu tang still wasnt sellin out concerts by themselves. Nas NEVER would have been able to. He was part of a concert down here in S.D. that i went to..back when illmatic came out...n it was a bunch of artists. he didnt even headline...Montell Jordan did! lol. So it aint like im sayin Nas hasnt done SHIT for rap music. im sayin, he hasnt impacted it tha way Snoop, Dre, or NWA has. Or even as much as other NY, or eastcoast artists have. Even right now, as much as all of NY is in LUV with Nas...hes not THAT big of a deal out here. N this is prolly tha Prime of his career.

i didnt call u a fuckin idiot i called s.g.v a fuckin idiot

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2002, 03:43:10 AM »
THEY'RE BOTH LEGENDS.  

BUT

ASK ANYBODY ON THE STREET OVER HERE IN THE UK.  ASK THEM "HAVE YOU HEARD OF NAS?" 15 - 20% WILL SAY YES (and some will think you mean the boxer)

ASK THEM "HAVE YOU HEARD OF SNOOP DOGG?" SHIIT YOU'RE LOOKING AT 70 - 80% MAYBE MORE!

I had to shout to get the point across.  Who is more famous, who has had the better career.  It's not about skills, it's more about charisma.  Only Ice Cube,Eminem,Biggie,Puffy,Pac and Dre are (arguably) more famous worldwide than Snoop.

Safe

S.G.V.

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2002, 06:58:12 AM »

damn i guess u got all fucking hurt....kick back bitch....its not like im clowning u...why are u getting all fucking hurt?....fuck u cant carry an intelligent debate...fuck i hate bitches like u...fucking crying and crying....SHUT THE FUCK UP....and yes i still think nas is flavor of the month pinche culero.....hijo de la gran puta.....fuck....wow hes been around since 93...im proud of him....dmx was around almost 10 years before he blew up...sure nas has had one "hit" but he was not known like he is now....he wasnt being billed as king of new york...he is now...so to me hes a fucking FLAVOR OF THE MONTH....and i dont think he brought the east back...wu tang did....biggie did...redman did...onyx did....those are really the only artists that come to mind when i thought of the east back then...i didnt give a fuck about nas...i still dont....and i dont give a fuck about u...u go around ruining good fucking posts cuz u cant hang in a fucking debate....man fuck u....

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2002, 07:09:13 AM »

damn i guess u got all fucking hurt....kick back bitch....its not like im clowning u...why are u getting all fucking hurt?....fuck u cant carry an intelligent debate...fuck i hate bitches like u...fucking crying and crying....SHUT THE FUCK UP....and yes i still think nas is flavor of the month pinche culero.....hijo de la gran puta.....fuck....wow hes been around since 93...im proud of him....dmx was around almost 10 years before he blew up...sure nas has had one "hit" but he was not known like he is now....he wasnt being billed as king of new york...he is now...so to me hes a fucking FLAVOR OF THE MONTH....and i dont think he brought the east back...wu tang did....biggie did...redman did...onyx did....those are really the only artists that come to mind when i thought of the east back then...i didnt give a fuck about nas...i still dont....and i dont give a fuck about u...u go around ruining good fucking posts cuz u cant hang in a fucking debate....man fuck u....
im runinin a good topic,  atleast i know what im talkin about.  Nas didnt help put tha eastg back on tha map,  thats why he had a 5 mic album while ready 2 die an 36 chambers werent given 5 mics back than.  Nas had 1 hit ::),  whatever you say man.   been in tha game since 92,  1 classic,  2 great albums,  ight he has 2 shitty albums.  An all his albums have gone atleast platnium,   yup thats real flavor of tha month credentials.  If u dont like nas,  thats cool,  but tryin to discredit what he has done for rap is bull shit

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2002, 09:13:23 AM »
^^

platinum this´and platinum that...

doggystyle have passed 8x by now, even though suge knight dont gives a fuck about certifications...
doggfather did 4x ..according to mtv, snoop have sold 26 millions and counting...

doggystyle and doggfather have together sold more than nas all albums...

but thats not the point....

lemme ask my little sister if she knows who nas is.... (.....) ... she didnt ..... lemme ask her who snoop is..... ::)

as i said before: even though snoop dogg is a goat for sure, his name wont be written in "the book", cuz he dont gives a fuck about source and mtv and, ... if he were on their balls all the time like dmx, nas and jay z, they would rate his album higher and consider him as a tru goat...

anyway, ... hiphop isnt only about lyrics.... its about:

lyrics
popularity
carisma
flow
respect (on both coasts)
ignorance (sadly, but tru)
bein the best

the only thing nas have advantage in is he lyrics....

i belive that 90% of the cd nas is selling is bought by people in eastcoast..... his music isnt wide.... wu tang have much more respect in west than nas....