Author Topic: Men in tights  (Read 527 times)

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
Men in tights
« on: February 03, 2006, 09:54:21 AM »

Over the past couple weeks, I've noticed more NBA players wearing tights. First it was Kobe. Then Michael Redd, and then LeBron? All of them are Nike-sponsored athletes and they're all wearing this thing called the Nike Pro Tight, which is somehow selling for $35.

Here are the selling points:

• "Dri-FIT fabrication wicks moisture away from your body to keep you dry" (Um, are your legs really sweating that much?)

• "Flat-seam construction eliminates chafing" (All I know is that chafing occurs at about Mile 17 in a marathon, but in your average basketball game?)

• "Drawcord at waist makes for a perfect fit" (You still haven't convinced me here, and plenty of things that look better than this have a drawcord.)

LeBron first wore the black tights on Saturday and scored 51 points, but then Tuesday night he came out in white tights. I don't know how many points he scored (I know I can look it up) because he just looked so ridiculous. At one point his feet were apart and he was standing around so it looked like he was doing a plié (think ballet). As a kid, I liked the idea of being in a class with lots of girls, so tights were pretty much the reason I would never, ever entertain ballet class. Now NBA players are sporting them?

So what's LeBron's take? (Besides the fact that he gets paid more than $10 million a year to try these things out for Nike?) "I'm 2-0 with them," James said after the game Tuesday night. "I'm wearing them to keep warm so when I go to the bench, it [his sore left knee] doesn't stiffen up."

I'm still having trouble figuring out exactly how good these things can possibly be. For a greater history of these tights, check out this column from our Uni Watch writer, Paul Lukas.
-Darren Rovell (ESPN)

I just cant see how these guys are comfortable in this crap?
its gettin the job done id say tho.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re: Men in tights
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 07:07:53 AM »
have u ever worn under armor? thats wat they are but for ur legs. if u dont no wat im talkin about look it up

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 08:20:32 AM »
yea, i dont see wats the prob, i wana get me a pair of these, use them for running...

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 08:30:32 AM »
i wear them when its freezing and i gotta play football.

Throwback

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 08:30:56 AM »
or on december 5th when im zwarte piet.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 01:02:08 PM »
They do help from what I heard, but damn, is it worth it?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 01:44:31 PM »
Men In Tights!!!!! :D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 02:31:25 PM »

T-Dub

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 04:23:39 PM »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 04:39:49 PM »
it's not worth it, i use the under armor cuz i play football too, but only when its raining or getting cold. on a basketball court you must sweat a lot wit this

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 01:47:53 AM »
it's not worth it, i use the under armor cuz i play football too, but only when its raining or getting cold. on a basketball court you must sweat a lot wit this
well ill be honest underarmor is weird on cold days it keeps u warm but on hot days it keeps u cool

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 09:51:25 PM »
well ill be honest underarmor is weird on cold days it keeps u warm but on hot days it keeps u cool

well if u say it, i'll go to the gym wit it and try this

herpes

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 10:04:29 PM »
imma get me some of them shits for when the summer time to keep me from getting a sweat rash from running and working all day in jeans and to also keep me dry when i show off the junk to impress the ladies but mostly to prevent that annoying rash

Citizen-Y

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 12:02:32 AM »

well if u say it, i'll go to the gym wit it and try this

Yeah, the compress shorts are awesome for playing basketball and doing leg work outs at the gym.