Author Topic: Szczerbiak, Ricky Davis change teams in seven-player trade  (Read 679 times)

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Szczerbiak, Ricky Davis change teams in seven-player trade
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 08:29:30 PM »
im from boston. this shit hurt. i walk down into my kitchen that morning at 630, tired as fuck, and i dig out the sports page. headline: DAVIS, BLOUNT DEALT TO WOLVES. lol i sat down on the floor right there and just had a moment of silence. hopefully that pick will be worth it, cus we got the short end of the stick for real. Wally's aight, but DAYUM. shafted.

acbaylove

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 01:20:38 AM »
I like how our current roster is looking though, I don't think ANY moves are neccessarry.

Not this year, no.

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 04:21:47 PM »
should help both squads

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006, 03:13:49 PM »
Looks like Minnesota got the better deal out of this. If only Boston knew how to use Marcus Banks correctly maybe they wouldn't have lost as many games as they did this season and Minnesota is taking advantage of Mark Blount pretty good too. Its surprising to see Ricky Davis being better than Garnett too.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »
Looks like Minnesota got the better deal out of this. If only Boston knew how to use Marcus Banks correctly maybe they wouldn't have lost as many games as they did this season and Minnesota is taking advantage of Mark Blount pretty good too. Its surprising to see Ricky Davis being better than Garnett too.

Well...Delonte West is their point guard, and West is pretty consistant. Marcus Banks was an inconsistant underachiever in Boston...Garnett has fallen off as well, especially after seeing both him and Davis on the court together. I remember Garnett used to be just as energetic and outgoing as Davis on the court. Now it's as if he's lost that fire, but Ricky davis is re-providing it...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2006, 04:35:55 PM »
OOOOOOOUCH, i don't like this trade, for either team, chemistry killing trade

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »
OOOOOOOUCH, i don't like this trade, for either team, chemistry killing trade

You honestly don't like this trade from Minnesota's stand-point? Ricky Davis is going to be an all-star REALLY soon, he's so athletic and has so much ability, which he actually utilizes. I mean, the guy is only 25 years old... I think with a player like this, his prime years are 27, 28, 29, hell, even in the 30's...I'm thinking it was a brilliant trade by Minnesota, and much more of a gamble by Boston...The only thing saving Boston is that they're geared for the future...Look for Minnesota to really become stronger second half of the season...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 10:16:09 AM »
i like ricky davis, but for some reason i think he's going to be opressed by garnetts game he's not going to be able to shine unless he pulls a sam cassell and i don't think he's capbable of that yet. pierce and davis were pretty good combo all boston ever needed to be awesome was a good front court. sending wally puts them in a stale mate IMO

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »
i like ricky davis, but for some reason i think he's going to be opressed by garnetts game he's not going to be able to shine unless he pulls a sam cassell and i don't think he's capbable of that yet. pierce and davis were pretty good combo all boston ever needed to be awesome was a good front court. sending wally puts them in a stale mate IMO

Garnett likes to give the ball up. He doesn't even play with that same offensive aggression anymore...Ricky D. will gladly put the ball in the hoop for him. Boston is geared for the future, so it cant hurt WAY too much.