Author Topic: E-40 and Keak-Tell me whenna go, will it go mainstream??  (Read 1150 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: E-40 and Keak-Tell me whenna go, will it go mainstream??
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2006, 10:30:05 AM »
man fuck new york radio stations for not playing or hating on west coast music!

yeah its bullshit. but the worse problem is our radio stations not standing up and supporting our local artists the same way. i aint with the hate, id rather they play our shit...we play their shit. but as it stands. we play their shit, and they dont play ours.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2006, 05:59:03 PM »
yea thats true. cali will at least play ny shit. ny dont even fuck wit us at all if your name aint dre or rick rock  or if you aint fuckin wit square bear ass pharrell.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2006, 06:23:33 PM »
TeeRaySix9Teen speaks the truth. Props to him. How the west coast gonna go anywhere when radio stations will never play our own shit? How the west coast gonna go anywhere when people in Cali hating on there own shit? Every time there is a new artist from the west all I ever hear from people is that they weak.  It's fucked up. Why should the eastcoast give a fuck about the west when the west don't give a fuck about themselves? I wanna go and slap the taste outta the people that work at the radio stations in San Diego for all the wack shit they keep playing.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2006, 12:38:17 AM »
^^^^I dont know about southern cali, but bay shit is played all the time in the bay on 106 and 94.9 , and from what i hear, bay shit its been getting regular spins in Portland, Seattle, OKC, florida, texas, chicago, LA, and ATL.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2006, 02:29:07 AM »
For an "update"....

Me n my homeboys from Compton had a house party out here in Florida tonite, and I played this song twice. It got a great reaction from the females, and only one of them was from California. So yeah...this shit definitely has what it takes to blow, I am sure. Even more so than all of 40's other songs.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2006, 05:15:46 AM »
TeeRaySix9Teen speaks the truth. Props to him. How the west coast gonna go anywhere when radio stations will never play our own shit? How the west coast gonna go anywhere when people in Cali hating on there own shit? Every time there is a new artist from the west all I ever hear from people is that they weak.  It's fucked up. Why should the eastcoast give a fuck about the west when the west don't give a fuck about themselves? I wanna go and slap the taste outta the people that work at the radio stations in San Diego for all the wack shit they keep playing.

yeah Z90 is garbage. But they DID get a little better about playin Kali music since 98.9 started up. 98.9 made that strong push at the beginning about playin local artists and doggin Z90 on air cus they didnt support Dago. So Z90 had to step up. But all that calmed down, and they still playin bullshit now. I was just in LA tonight (Saturday) and shit, theyre stations are just as bad....if not worse. In a span of about 45 minutes, i think i heard one...MAYBE two westcoast songs on 100.3 and power 106. The rest was all down south music.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2006, 11:42:12 AM »

yeah Z90 is garbage. But they DID get a little better about playin Kali music since 98.9 started up. 98.9 made that strong push at the beginning about playin local artists and doggin Z90 on air cus they didnt support Dago. So Z90 had to step up. But all that calmed down, and they still playin bullshit now. I was just in LA tonight (Saturday) and shit, theyre stations are just as bad....if not worse. In a span of about 45 minutes, i think i heard one...MAYBE two westcoast songs on 100.3 and power 106. The rest was all down south music.

Hmm...that sounds exactly like what happened when KDay dropped. KDay came out sometime last year or maybe late 2004, and they played a LOT more west coast music, old school and new, and some independents and upcomings, so Power n The Beat tried to step theirs up a little bit. But KDay started playin more down south n all of that, and Power n The Beat still don't play too much west coast like they should. It really depends on the DJ and what show it is though. I think it's smart for KDay to play a bit of mainstream south n east, just because there are some people in LA who'd prefer listenin to that over most west coast, but at the same time you are feedin them old and new west coast to where they aren't overdoin it and those people start to appreciate and like west coast music.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2006, 11:45:12 AM »
I Was At A Kick Back And They Was Bumpin Z90 Or 98.9, And In The Span of About 2 1/2 Hours, I Heard Tell Me When To Go About 7 or 8 Times.
My Future Wife:

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2006, 12:13:01 PM »
I Was At A Kick Back And They Was Bumpin Z90 Or 98.9, And In The Span of About 2 1/2 Hours, I Heard Tell Me When To Go About 7 or 8 Times.

lol would u rather hear Laffy Taffy 7 or 8 times?