Author Topic: so is the 360 as dope as everyone said it was?  (Read 1085 times)

MIC

Re: so is the 360 as dope as everyone said it was?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 08:48:08 AM »
You guys realize that the reason the 360 doesn't look much different than the OG Xbox is because the game technology hasn't caught up yet?  It takes time for game developers to step up - they are all still making games that are suitable for Xbox/PS2.  The graphics that we are seeing thus far are nothing compared to what we will see in 2,3,4,5 years on these next gen consoles.  The games were really just pushing the old Xbox to its threshold within the last year or so.

So don't base your thoughts on the 360 on the fact that the new games don't look that much better. 

True, true. It might have actually been too early to bring the system out, since game development is still concentrated on the older systems. Most games are gonna be compromise titles for a while - available for the old and the new Xbox, but with prettier graphics on the 360. But when you base the different versions on the same basic game, there are none of those WOW!-type of differences. Many developers want to "wrap things up" on the older system before moving on to just the new systems. For example the next Mortal Kombat will come out for the Xbox and the PS2, but not for the 360.

As far as I see it, the 360 itself is solid. The problem is the fact that there are no attractor games for it, like Halo was for the first Xbox.

yea but the ps2 had no kiler app when it first launched either,will just have to wait and see, Oblivion comes out in march,which is one of the most highly anticipated RPGs of the year, this game alone was one of the main reasons i got a 360 

Well maybe not right out the gate, but PS2 had Gran Turismo and GTA3 pretty early on. (If I remember correctly.)

Gran Turismo 3 came out 6 months after US launch. And GTA3 12 months after the launch.
I remember being really disapointed with my PS2 cause it was collecting dust until GTA3 came out.

Launch titles usually have to be done in la short time, with final development hardware usually
delivered 6 months or even less before the launch, so they can only port from other platforms
or quickly put together something new. Either way, you can't expect anything spectacular.