Author Topic: WWE Today?  (Read 218 times)

Paul

WWE Today?
« on: February 20, 2006, 09:13:53 AM »
Hey i was jus wondering if anyone can give me a run down of whats happening in the wwe since they changed the name from wwf. iv only now started to watch it again and so many things have changed since back in the day when my life revolved around watching it, lol, Just a few questions-
what happened to ECW and WCW(and where did the old wrestlers go like Sting, goldberg, Scott steiner etc)
Why have they made this stupid thing where there is RAW and Smackdown and the wrestlers dont all fight each other anymore
Why is all the older shittier wrestlers turning into title contenders(edge, mark henry etc)
And why is john cena in the wwe he is an embarrasment and no way should be champion

Thanks in advance ;)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WWE Today?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 10:30:36 AM »
Both ECW and WCW folded in early 2001, and WWF ( E ) purchased both video libraries and ultimately, WCW itself. With an overflowing roster, they had a brand extension split in 2002 and divided the roster into Raw and Smackdown. About a month later, because of some legal bullshit with World Wildlife Fund, WWF had to get the "F" out and so, they're now known as World Wrestling Entertainment. To be honest, wrestling nowadays is nothing too special. A lot of the stars from the late 90's aren't active. Stone Cold only shows up around WrestleMania time, The Rock hasn't been around for a year and a half...basically, Triple H has dominated the Raw Roster and Smackdown is always considered the B roster. There's been many deaths in the business for the last few years  as well.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 04:24:45 PM »
Both ECW and WCW folded in early 2001, and WWF ( E ) purchased both video libraries and ultimately, WCW itself. With an overflowing roster, they had a brand extension split in 2002 and divided the roster into Raw and Smackdown. About a month later, because of some legal bullshit with World Wildlife Fund, WWF had to get the "F" out and so, they're now known as World Wrestling Entertainment. To be honest, wrestling nowadays is nothing too special. A lot of the stars from the late 90's aren't active. Stone Cold only shows up around WrestleMania time, The Rock hasn't been around for a year and a half...basically, Triple H has dominated the Raw Roster and Smackdown is always considered the B roster. There's been many deaths in the business for the last few years  as well.

well put

chill.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Paul

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 04:28:55 PM »
What do u guys think of john cena?

i think hes shit and an embarrasment personaly
funkyfreshintheflesh

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »
What do u guys think of john cena?

i think hes shit and an embarrasment personaly

I agree with your opinion.. I don't wish harm on nobody, so I just hope his bitch or his bitch ass gets pregnant so we don't see him for a little time

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 08:56:14 PM »
Hey i was jus wondering if anyone can give me a run down of whats happening in the wwe since they changed the name from wwf. iv only now started to watch it again and so many things have changed since back in the day when my life revolved around watching it, lol, Just a few questions-

what happened to ECW and WCW(and where did the old wrestlers go like Sting, goldberg, Scott steiner etc)

ECW fp;ded. like said above. They were going bankrubt, and eventually McMahon bought the rights by paying the debt. With the Time Warner/AOL merge, WCW was not the direction AOL wanted to go, especially with them losing the ratings war with McMahon. WCW was still getting great ratings for a normal show, but losing to WWF gave AOL an excuse to sell the company, instead of trying to save it, (cut cost by developing new talent to replace the old more expensive talent) McMahon bought them in a bidding war. Older wrestlers were not kept due to cost, and Goldberg and Steiner each cameback for a short term for quick ratings, but once they stopped bringing in fans, they were cut to reduce cost.

Why have they made this stupid thing where there is RAW and Smackdown and the wrestlers dont all fight each other anymore

Once WWF bought WCW, the roster got to big. They could not all be on one show, so they split in two, on show was made to be more wrestling (Smackdown) the other more storyline (Raw). At the time it was great because you saw wrestlers who normally would be on Heat or another lesser show on the main shows. It allowed from wrestlers on Smackdown to shine. But then, with that they started putting Smackdown stars to get crushed by Triple H on Raw, and made it seem like Raw was the more dominate brand. The roster got smaller, and basically it's time for one roster again.

Why is all the older shittier wrestlers turning into title contenders(edge, mark henry etc)

Edge is a great wrestler, and the same could be said in 1992-1994 when Bret Hart won the title even though he was more known as a tag wrestler, or Shawn Michaels coming close. It's time to bring up wrestlers who deserve it. As for Mark Henry, his a beast, and beast will always get pushed to lost. He follows in the same tradition as Kamala, One Man Gang, or any monster that challeneged Hulk Hogan. He will go back to jobbing soon, as soon as people forget he was main eventing.

And why is john cena in the wwe he is an embarrasment and no way should be champion

Cena had a run with popularity once he dumped being a good wrestler and started rapping. He was a heel, and he was a DAMN GOOD HEEL. Like all good heels, he got cheered, and that's when his career sank. The WWE didn't want Cena to possibly lose fans, so they made sure his raps are rated G, and his move list became so basic due to his gimmick being so "streets". His now a slave to his gimmick, and would be best if he turned heel, and talked real cocky about his wrestling skillz again. Until then, his not good enough to be champ.

Thanks in advance ;)