Author Topic: GET 2PAC A HOLLYWOOD STAR, SIGN THE PETITION  (Read 789 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
GET 2PAC A HOLLYWOOD STAR, SIGN THE PETITION
« on: February 21, 2006, 11:08:02 AM »
GET 2PAC A HOLLYWOOD STAR, SIGN THE PETITION BELOW

http://www.petitiononline.com/2pacfame/petition.html

CLICK LINK ABOVE ACT NOW!

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a sidewalk along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood, California, United States, which is embedded with more than 2,000 five-pointed stars featuring the names of celebrities honored by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce for their contributions to the entertainment industry.

The stars celebrate entertainers from all walks of industry, from film to television, from the recording industry to the broadcast radio industry to live theater; there is a star from nearly everyone relevant to Hollywood history.

However there is one entertainer who is revered by millions across the globe who is yet to have a star. He is the largest selling rapper in history. He has appeared in films with stars such as Mickey Rourke, Tim Roth and Thandie Newton.

The entertainer in question is one Tupac Shakur, the multi album, unofficial greatest rapper of all time.

Why does he deserve a star? Well it’s very simple. There isn’t a rapper in the business today that hasn’t been influenced by Tupac in some way. The tattoos, the swagger, the confidence is evident in every rapper since. When influences are discussed in interviews Tupac is continuously one of the first names mentioned.

When we also consider how he excelled in the rap music industry and is still today, nearly 10 years since he passed, he has released nearly an album a year posthumously. The millions of albums sold, over 30 Million. The many die hard fans across the globe, which visit websites daily and speak on his influence to anyone that will listen. To the many who saw his recent documentary and the Oscar nomination it received.

If we also look at the Stars that have already been given Pat Sajak, Thomas Edison, Big Bird, Pee Wee Herman and Mabel Taliaferro, then doesn’t Tupac deserve a star? He is in a different class to those "entertainers".

Well some people believe he does, and some of them are making an effort to ensure he receives that deserved recognition, and the Star. A group has been set up to pursue this and is headed by rapper Muszamil (some fans might remember him as Hellraza from the Outlaw Record days and as Napoleon's little brother). The group is working hard to get 2pac the proper recognition by presenting him a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They have a set up a critical meeting next Friday with some key members of the committee as well as with some influential politicians and business leaders.

Where is Tupac's star? If Ryan seacrest has one it is an outrage that 2pac is ignored. It is the early stages of the nomination process and if people step up and participate in the petition and spread the word and show the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce the importance of Tupac, we will see that deserved star.

If you too feel that Tupac has been ignored and want to help in the movement, then please fill out the petition below. It is not just an online fan petition and will be taken to the people most likely to help us achieve our goal. Let’s show that Tupac has a huge following and that he needs to be recognized on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

http://www.petitiononline.com/2pacfame/petition.html

To: Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and the Walk of Fame Selection Committee

We are committed on getting Tupac Shakur a posthumous star on the Hollywood walk of fame. It would be a fitting tribute to a modern day legend that passed before his time. We will officially present this petition to members of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce as well as the honorary major of Hollywood Mr. Johnny Grant who is the head of the Hollywood Walk of Fame selection committee. Tupac Shakur known to millions of fans worldwide as 2pac was a true modern day icon. As far as popularity Tupac Shakur can easily be placed under the same category as Elvis Presley. 2pac accomplished so much in the music industry and in entertainment in general that even nine years after his untimely death he still a remains a power full presence in society. Besides selling countless number of records and breaking worldwide marks for music sales, 2pac also left a lasting impact on society. His poems, and musical work have been studied in various schools with courses on 2pac being taught in numerous colleges ranging from UC Berkley in Northern California, to the University of Florida, and the historic Morehouse college in Georgia. It would take twenty plus pages + to list all of 2pac's accomplishments as a power full entertainer and a beloved human being. We encourage all members of the rap community to step up participate and spread the word. This petition and movement to get Tupac Shakur a much deserved star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is being organized by Muszamil a protégé of the late Tupac Shakur and a member of his extended family. We thank you all for participating and for your support.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: GET 2PAC A HOLLYWOOD STAR, SIGN THE PETITION
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 11:12:38 AM »
Don't people just buy them?

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 11:14:57 AM »

you i really dont know, i think you have be voted in by someone or somethin, i dont know, but i saw this on a website so i thought i might aswell help out the cause

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 11:15:53 AM »
the guy died for a necklace, which wasnt even his

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:18:35 AM »

Yeah, if you have enough money you can buy one (I forgot the exact amount of money right now...it's a lot though!!), but a board/committee has to agree with it...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 11:21:23 AM »

Yeah, if you have enough money you can buy one (I forgot the exact amount of money right now...it's a lot though!!), but a board/committee has to agree with it...

Just done a quick search and I think it costs $15,000.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:25:20 AM »
signed  8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 11:32:30 AM »

Just done a quick search and I think it costs $15,000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Walk_of_Fame#Maintenance

Maintenance

The Walk of Fame is maintained by the self-financing Hollywood Historic Trust. In order for a person to get a star on the Walk of Fame, he or she must agree to attend a presentation ceremony within five years of selection, and a $15,000 fee must be paid to the Trust for costs such as security at the star ceremony; a 2003 FOX News story noted that the fee is typically paid by sponsors such as movie studios and record companies, as part of the publicity for a release with which the honoree is involved. On other occasions, the fee is paid by a fan club or the nominating person or organization.

As of 2004, the total number of stars awarded is approximately 2,150.

Although if you are dead I'm sure they can still award you with one.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 11:34:36 AM »
If Run DMC got a star then so should 2Pac.

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 11:55:21 AM »

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 12:26:52 PM »
If Run DMC got a star then so should 2Pac.

didnt know they was on there, i need to peep a whole list of whose there

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 12:46:04 PM »
Hell, Judge Judy got one, why not Pac? Plus he was an actor/rapper.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 05:16:49 PM »
Hell, Judge Judy got one, why not Pac? Plus he was an actor/rapper.
Real

The Watcher

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 05:43:31 PM »
 :'(
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 06:31:36 PM »
the guy died for a necklace, which wasnt even his
What does that have to do with him getting a star on the walk of fame?