Author Topic: So Im Listening to G-Unit Radio 17 - Back in Business ...  (Read 668 times)

ChinBo37

• 'G'
So Im Listening to G-Unit Radio 17 - Back in Business ...
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:45:28 PM »
and its just aite. :-\

Some of the beats seem pretty nice but the music just doesnt get me like that old Mobb did.  Im sure one of the singles will be "Infamous" feat 50 on the hook and production by Alchemist.

There is no way Blood Money is going to sell 4 mil like 50 wants. Any realistic $$s? What do you all think. I think it will probably see maybe 1 million in sales.

Jome

Re: So Im Listening to G-Unit Radio 17 - Back in Business ...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »
The mixtape is a letdown, but what do you expect when 80% of the tracks is Prodigy yapping over some old ass beats, with some new young bucks in the background trying to get some shine while Whoo Kid rewinds the tape.. that "Nyce" cat was on more tracks than Havoc.
Not enough Havoc on the tape, and no original production except the already released tracks Outta Control & Infamous, this tape isn't representative of their upcoming album.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:55:34 PM »
yo jome, what u think mobb will end up doing sales wise?

Jome

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:00:30 PM »
Gold probably.. unless they pull some crazy ass single out of their ass.. might go platinum. Will probably be some PR-stunt if 50 has his way.  :D

But then again, I thought Amerikaz Nightmare would go platinum cuz "Got it twisted" was crazy, and the album was dope, imo.

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 08:01:42 PM »
yea who is that Nyce dude, he was on hella tracks  ???

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 08:10:36 PM »
Gold probably.. unless they pull some crazy ass single out of their ass.. might go platinum. Will probably be some PR-stunt if 50 has his way.  :D

But then again, I thought Amerikaz Nightmare would go platinum cuz "Got it twisted" was crazy, and the album was dope, imo.

it'l get past yayo numbers no doubt in my mind.....i guess that shouldnt really be much of a challenge to gunit, i think they'll come close to hittin platinum......people actually check up on mobb, yayo nobody cares about, if yayo can come close to gold.......or just about hit gold, then mobb would have to do some major fuck ups to selll less than yayo........BUT these days in hiphop anything is possible.........i wouldnt be suprised if they didnt sell shit or if they went double plat

Eihtball

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 08:50:06 PM »
There is no way Blood Money is going to sell 4 mil like 50 wants.

Has 50 really said that?  There's no way Mobb Deep is gonna sell that much.  They ain't that kinda group.

Mobb Deep is one of those groups that gets most of their paper from a cult following, more than anything else.  If P and Hav can satsify their fanbase, and if G-Unit can help them cross over just enough to get rotation while not angering their fanbase too much, I can easily see Mobb Deep doing Platinum.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 08:53:41 PM »
If they release another "Outta Control" type single, they definetly will go platinum within 2 weeks.

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »

I dont know where he from, but i have heard him before he was on Yukmouth's UGA 1 UGA 2 and Godzilla...He is nice yeah i agree. I got those other traccs if you wanna hear them that he is on....

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 09:27:39 PM »
nyce is from southside jamaica queens he is signed to mobb deep label

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 12:20:47 AM »

I dont know where he from, but i have heard him before he was on Yukmouth's UGA 1 UGA 2 and Godzilla...He is nice yeah i agree. I got those other traccs if you wanna hear them that he is on....

thanks man I have those CDs I guess Ill have to give them a listen again tho.

I am a Mobb Deep fan, and I really want a classic album   >:(

smp4life

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 12:51:16 AM »
Has anyone got a look at Prodigy's face?  Unless 50 gets those guys a makeover they ain't going plat.

ABN

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 02:07:53 AM »
There is no way Blood Money is going to sell 4 mil like 50 wants.

Has 50 really said that?  There's no way Mobb Deep is gonna sell that much.  They ain't that kinda group.

Mobb Deep is one of those groups that gets most of their paper from a cult following, more than anything else.  If P and Hav can satsify their fanbase, and if G-Unit can help them cross over just enough to get rotation while not angering their fanbase too much, I can easily see Mobb Deep doing Platinum.
the thing is that Mobb Deep used to have a serious street following and they´ve already lost that. and when you lose your core fanbase it´s very hard for you to sell records and that´s why Mobb´s last shit only sold 350k. 350k when you got a pretty big single is all the proof in the world you need that Mobb Deep has lost their original fans coz they used to go gold without any hit singles.

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 12:44:43 PM »
The Problem with Mobb Deep is that P get more shine Then HAVOC a better mobb deep would be MORE H and LESS P.