Author Topic: I recently gave Dogg Food another listen after a while  (Read 1395 times)

ChinBo37

• 'G'
Re: I recently gave Dogg Food another listen after a while
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 12:33:20 AM »
i just popped this in the benz last week and I have been bumping it for abotu 2 weeks. I forgot how dope it is, the first 12 tracks or so are all 5/5 and anything that isnt is a 4/5  8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 12:42:59 AM »
u're tripping, daz and kurupt were extremely dope hiphop artists, kurupt was in the top5 mc's back then... why u think it's impossible for them to have been that dope? just cause nowadays they be talking alot of shit and changed don't mean that they weren't capable of that.. that's why they have such a big following who's still fiending for more classic shit like that..

+1

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 12:44:02 AM »
funny you posted this. i was listening to it yesterday and...its actually over rated. kurupt did his part. but daz, the guest, and some of the production is blahhh. still a great album, but not up to par with the other death row releases from around that time (chronic, doggystyle)
coming from somebody who listens to Ja Rule

Intriago33

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »
Yeah man, I was on a Dogg Food high for awhile too. I had Smooth on repeat like a muthafucka.

Smooth is the best track on there... the beat is sick!

agreed.

kurupt seemed hungry on dogg food, like someone else said there seemed alot of thought in what he was saying, and his flow was alot smoother than the modern-day Kurupt.

still, a great album to have.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 01:03:10 AM »
funny you posted this. i was listening to it yesterday and...its actually over rated. kurupt did his part. but daz, the guest, and some of the production is blahhh. still a great album, but not up to par with the other death row releases from around that time (chronic, doggystyle)

hope off my dick. stop getting offended because i dont agree with you
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 01:13:42 AM »
Kurupt was CRAZY back then... it still amazes me that almost nobody was willing to step to the DPG after NY NY.  if he had released a solo album... damn

Okka

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 01:32:36 AM »
Classic album, but i still think that Dre did some ghost production on it.

WestCoasta

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 01:35:10 AM »

hope off my dick. stop getting offended because i dont agree with you
it's not even that, it's your faggot ass saying dumb shit like the album was "bleehhh"  dumbass

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 03:00:23 AM »

BTW was the instrumental version of this album ever released? if not then what instrumentals of this album are available? I know Respect is out there, can someone hook that up?

available official instrumentals:

- lets play house
- respect
- ny, ny

i also got "some bomb ass pussy" isntru somewhere. but i think its looped.
heres the respect cdq instrumental fo ya:

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2U2IIU12ENZTD2M79LSYWGKCSD

« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 03:08:51 AM by o g s u e s o n e »

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 03:01:57 AM »

well its like this.... Dre mixed the whole album... and also. DJ Pooh produced the big songs off the album not Daz. Just like how DJ Pooh also produced the big songs off of Doggfather.

Okka

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 03:29:07 AM »

well its like this.... Dre mixed the whole album... and also. DJ Pooh produced the big songs off the album not Daz. Just like how DJ Pooh also produced the big songs off of Doggfather.

Yeah i know, but i have a feeling that Dre did do more than just mixing on this album, but ya never know...

np: Tha Dogg Pound - Respect

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 03:30:37 AM »

doggfather is another story cuz daz wasnt that involved. and i think u cant say just because dre mixed the entire thing (except the 2 pooh tracks)that daz dont deserve his credits. he did a great job. he had the right equipment and everything was cool around that time. just because pooh produced 2 dope tracks on the album didnt mean that the other tracks werent that tight. cmon we should also mention soopafly who did the keyboards... which is another big aspect in my eyes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 03:32:45 AM by o g s u e s o n e »

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 03:32:49 AM »
yeah true.. and the fact that soopafly 'sold' daz beats under the table which daz claimed as his own... u never know whats really who's.. whether this was for dogg food.. or even daz's work on all eyez we dont know.. (soopa said this in an interview..not sure whether was with dubcnn or elsewhere..)

also.. aint it weird that Dre was doing voiceovers etc on the Dogg Food album.. the kind he'd only ever done on his own stuff before (and since..)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 03:35:04 AM by Overseer »

Okka

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 03:33:32 AM »
Yep, Daz did a great job and so did Soopafly  8)

Okka

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 03:37:11 AM »
also.. aint it weird that Dre was doing voiceovers etc on the Dogg Food album.. the kind he'd only ever done on his own stuff before (and since..)

Yep, he always does those "intros" on beats he produced...