Author Topic: I recently gave Dogg Food another listen after a while  (Read 1417 times)

ABN

Re: I recently gave Dogg Food another listen after a while
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 03:43:41 AM »
itīs possible that Dre actually did some tracks but gave someone else credit so they didnīt have to pay Ruthless but itīs all speculation. but iīve never really felt Dogg Food as much as most Dubcc members, i think itīs better then average but far from classic. Kurupt was pretty dope back then but he dropped a lot gibberish back in the days aswell.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 03:46:28 AM »

also.. aint it weird that Dre was doing voiceovers etc on the Dogg Food album.. the kind he'd only ever done on his own stuff before (and since..)

i see it like this: they were all in the studio, on the board.... maybe daz did the beats in the untrimmed size and then dre put his hands on, then soopafly did something,... i would agree that the final product was not only dazs work but maybe dre said: "ey yo daz, u can get the production credit fo the whole album but please dont mention anymore that u helped me with the chronic and doggystyle"....lol

Don Seer

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 03:53:46 AM »

people lately have been saying its more like Daz wanted no Dre on the album.. which is why they passed on Dre's Can't C Us beat

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2006, 04:01:21 AM »

people lately have been saying its more like Daz wanted no Dre on the album.. which is why they passed on Dre's Can't C Us beat

yea but isnt it contradictorily then that daz let dre mix the cuts....?? who knows. i think daz just wanted the main spot on that disc.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 05:10:11 AM »
Didn't Dre still Exec. Produce the album? I think that's what the original CD says.

Did DJ Pooh do "Smooth"? It sounds EXACTLY like his style on "Whoop Whoop", Doggfather, and even "Groupie Love"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 05:30:23 AM »
funny you posted this. i was listening to it yesterday and...its actually over rated. kurupt did his part. but daz, the guest, and some of the production is blahhh. still a great album, but not up to par with the other death row releases from around that time (chronic, doggystyle)
coming from somebody who listens to Ja Rule

hope off my dick. stop getting offended because i dont agree with you
it's not even that, it's your faggot ass saying dumb shit like the album was "bleehhh"  dumbass

you're proving my point exactly BITCH. i dont share your opinion on the album so you're trying to discredit my opinion by throwing in the fact that i listen to an artist that most people dont like. so what? i like ja rule...okay. that has nothing to do with my opinion on the album. i said the album is great, but not as great as people around here say it is. this forum is notorious for overhyping certain artist/albums just cuz theyre from the west. now go study some more of my post till you have a valid arguement.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2006, 06:16:35 AM »
And you can't even give all the credit to mixing...people think mixing really turns D beats to A beats. If the melody, drum pattern, and basic sounds aren't dope, it's no way the beat will end up bein dope no matter how good it's mixed.

true, but you gotta admit that when daz has his beats mixed by dre, theres something extra about em.
Since the first time I heard Dogg Food I was thinking the same.Cause if we have to compare Dogg Food beats to Retaliation, Revenge And Get Back(for example) beats, there's a very big difference.At least that's how I feel.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:31:53 AM by eazye »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 06:27:50 AM »
as far as production, Dre mixed the entire album

Dre is a huge reason why the album is so good

ever wonder why Daz has never dropped beat anywhere close to that level since dogg food?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Don Seer

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2006, 06:32:50 AM »
prescisely...

Do ya'll remember what mike dean said when him n daz fell out.. something about not being able to do shit without someone like Dre or him holding his hand..

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2006, 07:08:27 AM »

ever wonder why Daz has never dropped beat anywhere close to that level since dogg food?

all eyez on me lp, rr&gb lp, raw lp?????? have u heard those?

Doggystylin

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:52 AM »
major props to ogsuesone for the beat, ive been lookin for this forever

and this is exactly what i was saying, i think dre had a lot more to do with this album that we thought, now daz might have done this work but if he did, dre was with him every step of the way

and like it was said before, mixing can effect only so much

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 08:23:49 AM »
As far as kurupt spittin the lyrics he spat on Dogg Food, I definitely believe he wrote them. He was that sick back then. As far as the beats goes...I know this will upset some ppl...and I do believe daz did most of the production, but he definitely had some help...as far as Dre mixing the whole album...it doesn't change a D beat to an A beat, but at the same time I still believe it makes a big difference. Despite how tight the production was on Dogg Food and AEOM...it would not have been the same without Dre/Quik mixing those albums. There IS a difference between the standard mixing and Dre/Quik's mixng...just listen to how perfect the beats were structured...Dre's style without a doubt...

Also I believe Dre did some ghost producing...Respect and Let's Play House sounds EXACTLY like a Dre beat back then...I been thinkin that since my ears heard those beats...
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

wcsoldier

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 08:31:52 AM »
I'm sure Dre had more influence on  Dogg Food than Daz on  The Chronic  ::)

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »
Didn't Dre still Exec. Produce the album? I think that's what the original CD says.

Did DJ Pooh do "Smooth"? It sounds EXACTLY like his style on "Whoop Whoop", Doggfather, and even "Groupie Love"

no Dre's title for the album was "Director of Music" or some weird shit like dat.....I'm pretty sure Dre ddint do any beats on the album....sound nothing like Dre's beats at the time...dre didnt produce cuz Daz was convinced that Dre would "steal" credit. He only mixed to meet with Interscope's deal that Dre had 2 involved in every album

AfterMathematics

• 'G'
  • West Coast Represent for all y'all
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2006, 10:25:19 AM »
I always thought the "Let's Play House" beat sounded like Dre's shit from the post-Doggystyle to early-Aftermath days.