Author Topic: Chappelle Threatens to Leave Comedy Central If New Episodes are Aired  (Read 275 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Chappelle Said Unhappy With Network Plans
Threatens to Leave Comedy Central if New Episodes Are Aired

DAYTON, Ohio (March 1) - Comedian Dave Chappelle says he may not return to his hit Comedy Central show if the cable network goes through with plans to air new episodes from material he filmed before leaving the series.

"I feel like it's kind of a bully move," Chappelle told the Dayton Daily News in a telephone interview for a story Wednesday. "That's just how I feel about it. I don't know if that's the case. But if people don't watch it, then I'd be more than happy."

In May, Chappelle stunned his fans and the entertainment industry by skipping out on a $50 million contract and leaving "Chappelle's Show" in mid-production. He spent two weeks in South Africa before returning home to his farm near Yellow Springs. He has since resumed performing live standup.

Chappelle said his possible return to "Chappelle's Show" is still up in the air.

"But I think if they air that stuff, I can't see how I'm going to be able to," he told the Daily News. "That will damage our relationship."

Comedy Central has said in the past it plans to air the material, but wouldn't comment on any current specific plans.

"We are still waiting patiently for Dave to return to work, but we know that our viewers are looking forward to seeing the material he produced for the third season," Comedy Central said in a written statement.

Chappelle was scheduled to do a standup show and attend the premiere of his new movie "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" in the Dayton area Wednesday

courtesy of AOL news

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Chappelle Threatens to Leave Comedy Central If New Episodes are Aired
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
i cant wait to see block party

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »
i cant wait to see block party

8) im gettin my tickets tmw mornin

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

rik

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »
Chappelle is a crazy. Seen him on Oprah and he seemed a little out of it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 04:33:33 PM »
Man that idiot already left lol. He's crazy. Anybody that funny has a fault, look at Richard Pryor.He thinks Comedy Central isn't gonna try and recoup the damages Chapelle caused them?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mygla

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 06:44:46 PM »
when I saw the topic i was like "what the fuck? threatens to leave them? Again?" didn't know they were still negociating...

i'd rather have him come back and to a full season that them airing the half-done shows...

rik

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 06:52:47 PM »
^ me too but the thing is they want to make money. And him saying he might come back shit doesnt go down like that. It doesnt work around him Comedy Central writes the check not him. He's a funny muthafuka but a lil stupid if u ask me. The fame was too much for him

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 08:58:10 PM »
Chappelle is a crazy. Seen him on Oprah and he seemed a little out of it.

yeh he was high