Author Topic: Stop Snitchin Stop Lyin Vs. Hurricane Katrina?  (Read 250 times)

jeromechickenbone

Stop Snitchin Stop Lyin Vs. Hurricane Katrina?
« on: March 01, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »
Ok, stick with me here.  I've been contemplating an interesting paradox lately, and it relates the urban motto of "Never Snitch".  Snitching can be interpreted a few different ways, but typically involves withholding any information that might assist authorities with solving a crime. 

Then you look at the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and Mississippi.  Authorities were harshly criticized (rightfully so) for taking their sweet time with aiding the victims.

Now, are there racist cops? Undoubtedly. Was the head of FEMA incompetent? Likely. 

My question is this:  If urban communities continue to subscribe to never snitchin, can they complain when authorities aren't busting ass to help them out?  Drop some thoughts.

J Bananas

Re: Stop Snitchin Stop Lyin Vs. Hurricane Katrina?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 05:05:09 PM »
of course they can, loud ass black ppl who complain about either of those things will always have somethin to be upset about

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 05:14:05 PM »

This is something I have thought about before but correct me if im wrong but hasnt this made been clarified by certain people within these communities though, who say that talking to the cops isnt being a snitch per sa what angers them is people that sell others out just to save their own ass or indeed informants. However if that isnt the case and they mean anyone who comes forward with information then they must scitzophrenic as during the murder investigation of JMJ black community leaders, rappers etc were urging anyone with information to come forward to help the police. Of course they cant bicker about the law if they withhold information.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 05:14:43 PM »
different cirumstances... one is I guess to stay loyal, or to be "down" the other is to basically save your  life and your family?

K A I N

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 07:19:09 AM »
african americans make me laugh ;D

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 01:22:55 PM »
african americans make me laugh ;D

ya those niggas are funny