Author Topic: Lakers to sign Jim Jackson?  (Read 1274 times)

acbaylove

Re: Lakers to sign Jim Jackson?
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 12:43:53 PM »
^^ LOL  There's nothing wrong with criticizing how players are playing in the 2005-2006 season..All those young players could be great in the future if they work hard, But RIGHT NOW, they're not that good, they don't come to play every night, & they make stupid mistakes...that's why the Lakers are 31-30.

They are young. Simple as that.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »
Really?

PG: Smush -young

SG: kobe -10 year vet

SF: Lamar - 7 years

PF: Kwame Brown- 5 years

C: Chris Mihm- 6 years

D.George -7 years

B.Cook & L.Walton were apart of the 2004 Laker team that went to the NBA Finals, they got a lot of experience there..........Sasha & Smush are the only young guys that get a lot of playing time.

Our 4 rookies don't get any playing time, they are the reason why we are the 2nd youngest team in the NBA. that stat in a little misleading.

acbaylove

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2006, 01:12:40 PM »
1) The oldest of the guys you listed is 27.
2) It doesn't matter if a player has played other years in the League: they are players of the Lakers now, and that's a whole different story. Being a Laker player can kill everybody, even "real" veterans like Malone and Payton, even Rice, even Richmond. It ain't easy, the pressure is tremendous.
3) Being a member of the 3peat (you quoted Cook and Luke) doesn't make you an experienced player. Cause the scenario is totally different. Get it, man, it's a totaly new scenario for us, even for Phil Jackson! We're an expansion team right now, trying to build from zero. You can't compare it to when we were the best team in the world.

rik

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2006, 01:16:27 PM »
1) The oldest of the guys you listed is 27.
2) It doesn't matter if a player has played other years in the League: they are players of the Lakers now, and that's a whole different story. Being a Laker player can kill everybody, even "real" veterans like Malone and Payton, even Rice, even Richmond. It ain't easy, the pressure is tremendous.
3) Being a member of the 3peat (you quoted Cook and Luke) doesn't make you an experienced player. Cause the scenario is totally different. Get it, man, it's a totaly new scenario for us, even for Phil Jackson! We're an expansion team right now, trying to build from zero. You can't compare it to when we were the best team in the world.
Wow spoken like a true fan... You know your stuff man props.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2006, 01:30:53 PM »
All i said was "These guys don't come to play every night & lose to teams they are suppose to SMOKE"  ..(like in our last road trip, all those bad teams we lost to at home these last couple of weeks & the lost to the blazers)

but then you got NIK he gets all butt-hurt & tries to twist my words around.....REAL Laker fans get mad when we lose like that, HOMERS make excuses.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2006, 02:27:58 PM »
I never said that :stupid: :stupid: :sign_withstupid:    go ahead and support guys that don't come to play every night & lose to teams they are suppose to SMOKE...that's all i said, stop trying to twist shit around,you fucking retard.

And LOL @ you calling a loss to the blazers a slump...all you do is make excuses, i'm a realeast, i call it like it is.

You call it like it is? You called a 7 game losing streak for the Lakers when they're making a legit run for the 6th spot...How is that a realest or even fan? You're prideless and you don't talk about the team as if it were your own...To me, that's how you seperate the true fans from the rest...I have faith that things will get better, and they have...And you're in no position to call someone a retard...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2006, 02:32:54 PM »
All i said was "These guys don't come to play every night & lose to teams they are suppose to SMOKE" 

Let me follow this up with another quote of yours...

u want to get rid of the whole team cus they fuk up one game.
we're a 500 team that's about to go on a 7 game loosing streek...i could feel it, just watch  ,,we're going to the lottery again :'( :'( :'(

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2006, 02:35:40 PM »
We lost to the blazers!!!!  had a bad home stand, lost to BAD teams in the last road trip!!..  WTF do you want me to say?...

"oh,they're getting better,this is just a slump" ? ::)...  And STFU with your "real fan" bullshit, there's actually a small % of Laker fans that think like you.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2006, 02:42:12 PM »
We lost to the blazers!!!!  had a bad home stand, lost to BAD teams in the last road trip!!..  WTF do you want me to say?...

"oh,they're getting better,this is just a slump" ? ::)...  And STFU with your "real fan" bullshit, there's actually a small % of Laker fans that think like you.

Yeah, there are lots of disappointing pessimists like you who consider themselves Laker fans. Think of the Lakers as YOUR team. Would you tell your team "you guys suck, you're about to go on a 7 game losing streak", or would you even dare to say something like that in public? Real fans have more heart, especially Laker fans, because being a Laker fan is tradition, it's something you should honor, and it calls for the ultimate support, especially publicly...Not saying that you can't say players are playing bad, or that the team didn't perform well, you just can't completely shit on them when your mad, and make ludicrous predictions like "theyre gunna go on a 7 game losing streak and be a lottery team"...That just sucks to here from a fellow 'Laker fan'...Just realize that we ARE beating the odds, and have more to look forward to in the future from this organization, so dont just spit on 'em when they need the most support, especially not when they're still in the playoffs...PeAce

acbaylove

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2006, 02:49:21 PM »

Once again man just stop thinking about ourself like we're still the Shaq team. Compare us to the Bobcats! We're building from zero, trying to motivate our 20-23 years old guys, trying to make them better than what they are, trying to build some confidence in people who  2-3 years ago were only dreaming about the NBA. I've met Vujacic a couple of times here in Italy, and i can swear you to be in the NBA was just a fucking dream, for him. He was a 17 years old kid dreaming about the NBA, like me and you. Then all of a sudden he got selected, he went crazy. Totally crazy. He cried for days. That's our backup PG, man. That's a player who's averaging 20 mins per game, and who started 4 times, playing a lot of times during the 4th quarters (so much that shit he had some clutch shots too, remember the Jazz?). Obviously he "sucks". I mean obviously he can't be compared to Nash, Kidd, Wade, Iverson, those kind of players. Obviously he gets outplayed everytime by those "legends". But there's no need to disrespect him, he's a guy trying the best he can to be the best player possible for the Lakers. You simply gotta realize that's the team we have right now. With Vujacic and Walton playing 20 minutes per game, with Bynum being the youngest player ever selected in the draft, etc.. That's our team. You can react in two ways:

1) refusing to accept it, and spending the whole day crying about a loss to the Blazers
2) accepting it, and waiting for better days (or, better, for those players to develope into better players)

I've lost patience too, a couple of times. But i can't accept Laker fans dissing Vujacic, Parker, and those kind of players. I've dissed Kwame, cause being a #1 draft pick means you're used to have a lot of pressure on you, and you can handle it. But Parker and Vujacic played in average teams in Europe, two years ago. C'mon!!

Just accept the fact that's our team right now. It's a new page, a new era. We gotta live till better days supporting those guys.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2006, 02:52:31 PM »
WOW!  you can't be this retarded?(NIK not Antonio)  So i should support Laker players that don't come to play every night? Laker players that don't give a fuck about the Purple & Gold?  That's what i get mad at b/c im a REAL Lakers fan...There's no reason why Lamar and the rest of the guys can't play the way they did against the pistons every night...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 02:54:48 PM by K.B. Mr.81 »

acbaylove

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2006, 02:55:43 PM »
WOW!  you can't be this retarded?  So i should support Laker players that don't come to play every night? Laker players that don't give a fuck about the Purple & Gold?  That's what i get mad at b/c im a REAL Lakers fan...There's no reason why Lamar and the rest of the guys can't play the way they did against the pistons every night...

The question is: who are the "real" Lakers? The ones who lost to the Hawks or the ones who won against the Pistons? I still gotta understand it. This team has a lot of potential, but since they are so young, isn't it possible that they just played 110% against the Pistons? And you can do it once, twice, not 82 times. That's not our level. The Pistons are obviously better than us. So just thank God we defeated the Heat, the Pistons, the Mavs... elite teams, better than us (this year). We gotta start from those games to get some confidence. But it ain't easy, it's a long trip. Just be patient. That's year 1.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »
Let's see what happens tonight...i could tell from the beggining if they(the Lakers) are ready to play or not.....the LAst time we played the hornets we got SMOKED b/c the Laker players(except kobe) didn't come to play.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2006, 03:01:05 PM »
The question is: who are the "real" Lakers? The ones who lost to the Hawks or the ones who won against the Pistons? I still gotta understand it. This team has a lot of potential, but since they are so young, isn't it possible that they just played 110% against the Pistons? And you can do it once, twice, not 82 times. That's not our level. The Pistons are obviously better than us. So just thank God we defeated the Heat, the Pistons, the Mavs... elite teams, better than us (this year). We gotta start from those games to get some confidence. But it ain't easy, it's a long trip. Just be patient. That's year 1.

^^Exactly.

KB 81 expects us to be some elite team, is he retarded? We came with some analysts predicting us to finish last in the West...We're making playoffs throughout the season, reaching for a 7th or 6th seed, and showing improvement. No pride. No heart. Pessimist. Laker fan?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 03:04:59 PM »
Let's see what happens tonight...i could tell from the beggining if they(the Lakers) are ready to play or not.....the LAst time we played the hornets we got SMOKED b/c the Laker players(except kobe) didn't come to play.

That's the problem, you can't judge them on one game...Tonight is gunna be VERY tough. This is the first sporting event in New Orleans since Katrina, it's gunna be huge, emotions are gunna be runnin' through the building, the the Hornets will definitely do whatever it takes to supply the fans with a gift...One top of that, they are a good team and are very hungry because they're on a losing streak and are in the playoff race...Lakers might have to play even harder than they did against the Pistons to win it...It should be a good game...Who knows what the outcome'll be. I think the Lakers can do it...We'll see...PeACe