Author Topic: JULIO G'S SPEAKIN THE TRUTH....NO LUV FOR WEST COAST ARTIST!  (Read 457 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: JULIO G'S SPEAKIN THE TRUTH....NO LUV FOR WEST COAST ARTIST!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 01:49:48 PM »
WHEN JULIO G SAID ON KDAY THAT THE WEST COAST RADIO STATIONS AREN'T PUTTIN ON WEST COAST ARTIST LIKE THEY SAY THEY ARE.....IT AIN'T NO LIE!!! WHY CAN'T THE WEST GET LUV IN THEIR OWN BACK YARD? IT'S BULL SHIT IF YOU ASK ME. WE HAVE SO MUCH TALENT OUT HERE, I THINK IT SCARES  THE RADIO STATIONS. THEY BRAINWASH US WITH ALL OF THAT WACK DIRTY SOUTH CRAP UNTILL WE HAVE TO LIKE IT AND THE FANS IN THE WEST. EVEN OUT HERE IN INDIO THE LOCAL STATION HATES ON US AND IF YOU HEAR THE SHIT THEY PLAY DOWN HERE IT'S A SLAP IN THE FACE TO US WEST COAST "TALENTED ARTIST" THAT DESERVE TO BE PLAYED.....IT'S OUR CITIES, WE  WERE BORN AND RAISED RIGHT HERE. THEY NEED TO RECONIZE!

That ain't the truth.  The truth is that the West Coast refuses to evolve, so nobody gives a fuck about the West anymore.  The West is now full of has-beens who are just angry at the current generation for ignoring them, even though they won't admit they have nobody to blame but themselves.

And don't give me this shit about "wack dirty south crap"...the South is no more or less talented than the West.  In 1995, most hip-hop heads were as sick of G-Funk as they are of Crunk today.  There's a good reason the East-West beef started, and it had a lot to do with East Coast cats getting sick of all the wack shit coming from Cali.

Why don't Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Bishop Lamont or Murs get played on the radio? They're not washed up veterans and they're not rehashing played out gangbang rap. Also, the reason why the east/west beef started was because of some people's limited view of what hip hop is, and that started before g-funk even became big.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 02:37:16 PM »
Yeah Gav. I stay going to grind in the UK, shit is way more easier to break over there

Yeah props man, u no we be listenin! Keep the grind goin! We'll keep supportin! I already copped Size Duz Matter & Chronicles Of!

Repect! Good lookin player.thats my second home

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 02:39:27 PM »
The new generation will never get to hear the new west shit if nobody gets behind it. And the west is far from washed up

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »
props to big steele, he talking the real ish...politricks in this business are shady

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 02:45:40 PM »
Repect! Good lookin player.thats my second home

Cool! I agree 2 that the west needs 2 get ppl behind its new artists like u, Bishop Lamont, Scipio, Crooked etc. so that more ppl get 2 here there music and they can therefore get more radio play,more albums out & better labl deals.
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?