Author Topic: Dr Dre works with... Wait for it... Wait for it....  (Read 1319 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Dr Dre works with... Wait for it... Wait for it....
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2006, 05:17:50 AM »
Hold up a sec...so is Paris Hilton making an urban/R&B album now?  She's working with a lot of hip-hop producers and artists, including Lil Jon, Scott Storch, Snoop, etc.  What's a rich bitch like her doing trying to adopt a ghetto aesthetic?  Makes no fucking sense.

brother fucking with she devils

dre should listen to white cave bitch

;D ::)

You gotta stop listening to that old Cube shit, homie.

You gotta stop acting like R&B and Urban music has to be black.  What a white person can't have soul?

Throwback

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2006, 05:26:04 AM »
Hey yo Dre please don't do this man..... I will always buy your records and support you till I die as long if you don't do corny shit like this.

lmfao. thats sad.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2006, 06:49:48 AM »
Scott Storch talking about the album:

In the coming months Mr. Storch's hitmaking ability will be put to the ultimate test. He spent a significant portion of last year working with the celebutante Paris Hilton on her debut album, which is scheduled for release this summer. Ms. Hilton has already proven adept at selling books, perfume, racy videotapes and hamburgers, but will she be able to push albums? Yes, the producer is betting. "I think Paris's album is going to take everyone by surprise," he said confidently. Still, walking into the project, Mr. Storch admitted, he had felt some trepidation. "I remember having a conversation with Dr. Dre, and he said: 'Scott, this is a risk. You can either have incredible success or big failure. But risk is good.' " He decided to gamble.

Later in the evening, at a Miami studio, he played a handful of tracks from Ms. Hilton's album. "Jealousy" was clearly aimed at her ever-shrinking, ex-best-friend Nicole Ritchie. And on "It's Like That," destined for the clubs, Ms. Hilton, in a breathy, digitally enhanced register, can be heard cooing, "Gonna lose my clothes/You like that don't you/Let's get exposed/You know you want to."

While Mr. Storch compared Ms. Hilton's sound to Cyndi Lauper's and Blondie's, he tap-danced when asked if Ms. Hilton could actually hold a note. "If people are given the right circumstances and the right track and the right melody, it's about the conviction," he said. "It's not necessarily about being a God-given virtuoso."

Eihtball

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2006, 07:05:18 AM »
You gotta stop acting like R&B and Urban music has to be black.  What a white person can't have soul?

It's not that she's white, it's that she's never known the meaning of the word "struggle".  I'm not saying she can't sing (I ain't heard her yet, so I'll stay silent on that), just that I think it's a strange style for her to adapt.

dexter

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2006, 10:08:26 AM »
Paris is a Sex Freak
She freaked the Fellas  8)