Author Topic: Saw Kanye live in concert yesterday...  (Read 235 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Saw Kanye live in concert yesterday...
« on: March 11, 2006, 04:21:51 AM »
Very good show!

20:00
Pete Philly (a Dutch emcee) & Perquisite (a live band) opened up for Kanye and brought a nice blend of good/positive Hip-Hop with nice melodies. The MC sung the hooks as well, which was pretty dope! The crowd was feeling him too. I'll be on the look-out for their CD...

They introduced Kanye by projecting his latest video (Touch The Sky) on a big screen and of course the crowd went wild because of that. Then he came out by starting with Diamonds Are Forever.
Kanye had brought a a live band with him on tour (violin players, cello player, a harp player) and 1 main violin (oh boy, was she fine! Damn!). He also had 1 male backing vocal (Tony Williams) and 1 female backing vocal (forgot her name). His DJ was A-Trak, who showed off some of his scratching skills during the concert, which was dope!

Anyway, when Kanye came out he was rocking big sunglasses (like from the 70's) but that's typical for him...lol, he's probably the only rapper who can pull that off. He's really in a class of its own. He changed outfits three times too...nothing spectacular, but still unusual for a rapper.

You could tell that he's such a professional though. During the show, he was constantly saying "hey lightman, give me some background lights right here" and then there was some background light, but then Kanye said "alright, that's a bit better, but make it turn blue now". Then he said "The lightman will get some pussy tonight: "hey baby, I'm the one who turned on the blue lights" Haha...that was cool. He's one of the only rappers I've seen in concert who's not afraid to use some humor (Xzibit too though).

Anyway, he's a perfectionnist on stage. He wouldn't start performing a song until the lights were as he wanted them to be...you gotta respect that! He performed until 22.40 btw.

Dope show!

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Saw Kanye live in concert yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 04:57:48 AM »
didn't see Pete Philly  & Perquisite but i was told they very good but due to circumstances i couldn't make it

kanye was dope though, there was a good vibe
the mix between college dropout and late registration was splendid, only bad thing i can say is that it was too short time flew by, but i guess thats also a good thing..

You could tell that he's such a professional though. During the show, he was constantly saying "hey lightman, give me some background lights right here"

didn't he do it only twice? (with the classical interlude + on the crowd)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 05:07:28 AM »
Uhm, I'm pretty sure he said several times "give me some extra light right here". But yeah, I used the term 'constantly' as a figure of speech...I didn't mean it literally if that's what you mean ;)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 05:11:47 AM »
yeah he was here 2/3 weeks ago, I didn't go but I've only heard good reports from people who went.

sounds like you had a good time too.
NO MORE WAR

ABN

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 08:45:51 AM »
we was supposed to go to his show in Stockholm but they didn´t let us in(and we had tickets and we traveled for 4 hours to get there >:(). don´t know why though but my cousin works at Ema Telstar so they gave us tickets to 10 concerts as refunds. still pissed off though coz they didn´t even give as a real explaination as to why they didn´t let us in, now if it would´ve been in in my hometown i wouldn´t have cared coz i aint a big Kanye fan but we traveled 8 hours for nothing >:(

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 11:08:09 AM »
Was in Berlin last Sunday, show was pure fire.