Author Topic: Honestly, how many of you are feeling the "Hyphy-sound"?  (Read 964 times)

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
Re: Honestly, how many of you are feeling the "Hyphy-sound"?
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2006, 02:46:37 PM »
Adding to that...it's funny how we feel "West Coast music" should sound, and how we define it. If you wanna be technical and follow music.....the so-called "West Coast sound" that most of us are familiar with was HEAVILY influenced by 70s n 80s Midwest, South, and East Coast funk, and aside from Sly Stone, there weren't many west coast artists who contributed to that sound...it was Roger n Zapp (Ohio), George Clinton n Parliament (Jersey), Ohio Players (Ohio), Isley Bros (Ohio), James Brown (somewhere in the south I think), and the list goes on. So even our sound is not truly west coast as far as music is concerned, but only for what we have made it become in rap.

really good point.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

mauzip

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2006, 02:44:30 AM »
Just like the rest of ya'll I prefer Ras Kass when I'm out clubbing :)

brianjames

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2006, 02:48:43 AM »
what is "Hyphy-sound"?

cripper ^^

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2006, 05:40:30 AM »
I aint no big fan of it and especially not now when its tha new 'trend'. I like sum artists from tha bay but I've been fans of them since they hit tha scene example Spice 1, Yukmouth, B Legit etc.

regimemob510

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2006, 02:00:09 AM »
I aint no big fan of it and especially not now when its tha new 'trend'. I like sum artists from tha bay but I've been fans of them since they hit tha scene example Spice 1, Yukmouth, B Legit etc.

true, but the bay really never got their shine like they were suppost to.  its like wut fab said on mtv, "pac was gonna put the bay on"  but then he died, so its been on pause.  even tho getting "stewie and hyphy" is the new trend, im still down with it, cuz im from the bay, and i feel that it was long overdue...  at the same time, wut better way to bring in the white suburban audience in by having a thizz face, and participating in sideshow activity (the sideshow is  a breeding ground for crime) i dont think we sold out at all.  and fuck all the pac haters, how can you hate on the realest nigga to ever rap period.  pay homage u suckasss

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2006, 02:43:49 AM »
I luv it!! all day everyday
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2006, 07:15:04 PM »
i still dont know really what hyphy is? Is it just going dumb and being stupid???
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats