Author Topic: The Junkyard Regroups To Ask "Whats In A King?" (biggie,jayz,nas,cube,snoop,e40)  (Read 168 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Debate yall!

http://www.dubcnn.com
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/junkyard/
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/junkyard/tomakeaking/

The Junkyard Regroups To Ask "Whats In A King?" - March 23, 2006 By : Rud

After the last edition of The Junkyard all talk was around the upcoming Ice Cube album "Laugh Now, Cry Later" and was the most popular so far. Whats up next? Many have emailed asking but when M Dogg has his head in the edit then he keeps those details guarded like the "Crown Jewels" - seemless link? I think so! Indeed; this week M Dogg gives him unique opinion on what it takes To Make A King - the endless HipHop discussion on who is King of what Coast and does the title even truly exist. This article will interest all coasts and regions and focuses on Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, The Game & E-40.

As ever its no holding back for M Dogg, his cutting edge angle is sure to provoke thought and discussion over at the dubcnn community.

The Junkyard - Volume Four: To Make A King

Once again look for more features from "The Junkyard" Bi-Weekly. Check the Junkyard Index to read his previous editions including the acclaimed Volume Two; "Sales Numbers," "Random Thoughts" and the last issue; "A Threat In The World."

props to M Dogg!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

ABN

<-------------

Laidback213

• Lil Geezy
Of course the title "King" doesn't exists it's just another word for the rap world as you look at Mafia "leaders", but the truth is...2Pac held his  ground before he died, Biggie did as well, but there were so many artists that this is unabated...You can look at Capo, Don,King,Sideman, Rightman, Wingman...Problem is noone cares since the music isn't really there anymore, Nas beat Jay-Z it's becasue Nas can't handle all that formation, so you loo at hinm now as he seems to be the bigger man and now he needs Jay-Z's help...if it's not a need then it's a want if it's not a want then what is it? Why is Nas working with Jay-Z becuse they squashed beef and jay-z had the audacity to say "it didn't seem like columbia was letting nas do whatever he wnated over there...Isn't that what a true artist is suppose to do? Do whatever he wants in a controlled manner that is to his liking not anybody else's or was nas controlled by columbia that much? You said he got freedom so I beleive his work in itself on Street's Disciple is his best since Illmatic...People argue who's better MC Shan or LL Cool J..MC Shan actually said something were as LL Cool J boasted...Same here in with BIG and 2Pac...2Pac had substance, Big had flow...You can say big had substance too, but he was more on drug shit than 2Pac cause everybody knows 2pac wasn't a gangsta or a drug dealer...We all seen that video "Ressurection" It's besides that...Big L best lyricist would have been "crowned" if he hadn't died...Eazy-E Gangsta Rap "King" next to Ice-T since Ice-T no longer was around and Ice Cube killed himself off, literally...It's today's kings that mean nothing to what it meant back then...You kind of didn't goto the south region man, so I'll take it to you like this...Geto Boyz is, Scarface is, UGK is, 8Ball & MJG is, Outkast is and then you got the rest of the new comers in the south...Those people here paved the way to southern hip-hop...Screwed and Chop is in a essence of it's own, even though it is from the south...It just doesn't shed enough light on why we should care...yes I think it sounds cool too...But it's not my style when I have been so influenced on West and East and few southern artists...You got too many people running their mouths...Too many anthems that are garbage (This is why it shoudl legal to download music) Hip-Hop is back, but no one is truly listening to it I.E. People Under The Stairs, One Be Lo, Penuckle, Dirty Birdy, Erick Sermon, but not alot of people want to hear that...As for DPG, Warren G, 213, Snoop and the rest fo the westcoast camp, they have to make it a closer aspect...Westcoast to me is about style and attitude and flava and realizm..No one can do it bettert han the west, but the east makes you think deep and on some real vibe groove shit...South has these type fo artists, but they are based off of Crunk and Booty shake, now I agree with T.I. even though I hate his music the south is more than booty shake and crunk music, but all you are really hearing (back when it was still popular) is crunk and booty shake, now in 2006 maybe all we will get is Spit Anthems or mayeb we will get actual GOOD music, but it depends on these people, because no one is really controlling the game thoroughly...But i don't know it's too early for me to be talking real talk right now...

KURUPTION-81

intersting article.

I dont understand though how u can write a article about the king of the westcoast yet not include Dr Dre.  Especially as the insinuations that snoop was king and game could maybe challenge for the crown yet both would be the first to acknowledge that they would be no where were it not for Dre Dre.

Imo Dre is not only the king of the west but the king of hip hop .

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
intersting article.

I dont understand though how u can write a article about the king of the westcoast yet not include Dr Dre.  Especially as the insinuations that snoop was king and game could maybe challenge for the crown yet both would be the first to acknowledge that they would be no where were it not for Dre Dre.

first off, it's about rappers. Not producers. Second, most this article is post 1995. If Dre ever had a claim, it was 1992-3. Since then, his released 1 album, and a couple of singles. Not exactly king material.

KURUPTION-81

intersting article.

first off, it's about rappers. Not producers. Second, most this article is post 1995. If Dre ever had a claim, it was 1992-3. Since then, his released 1 album, and a couple of singles. Not exactly king material.

Im not gonna sit here and say that Dr Dre is prolific but he has the respect of all his peers which to me plays a huge part of been a king. I liked the article it was cool read, i just felt Dre should have been mentioned even if u dont agree on thinking he should be crowned the king.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
intersting article.

Im not gonna sit here and say that Dr Dre is prolific but he has the respect of all his peers which to me plays a huge part of been a king. I liked the article it was cool read, i just felt Dre should have been mentioned even if u dont agree on thinking he should be crowned the king.

I will say this, at one time I argeed that Dr. Dre is the only artist in Hip-Hop that was actually above the title king. Right now the highest selling artist in NY, the the Mid West and westcoast are all under Dr. Dre. His not a king of a coast, his the only artist that is above that title.