Author Topic: LL_Cool_J-Todd_Smith-2006  (Read 1222 times)

mauzip

Re: LL_Cool_J-Todd_Smith-2006
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 03:21:33 AM »
LL is totally washed up, his days of raw lyrics and dope real songs seem to be at their end. The last time i heard a breath of fresh music from L was two albums ago when he had that track "10 million stars" but the rest of the album was trash. The Goat album had some shit that had me somewhat convinced that he's about to return with some raw shit but sure enough he didn't. I used to be a big LL fan back in the day, i can't say i get remotely hyped anymore when he drops,

chill
Hold up with all that washed up talk homie.  You might not like L's subject matter (all the girl talk) but lyric wise, he's probably better than he's been at anytime in his career.  That's what gets me frustated with him lately 'cause I know LL still got some shit with him.  As for the new album, I'm feeling that joint "I've Changed".  It's a little different from what he's been releasin' lately

Nah i was a big LL fan, believe me he's washed up, his last two albums were garbage, this album based on the featurings looks to be the same, i will give it a listen...but it looks like that same rap/r&b shit that played out ja's career,

chill
I won't even hold you and say that this album isn't on some rap/r&b shit, but it's done in a mature way.  People have got to understand, LL isn't in the position of having to prove hisself every time out anymore so he doesn't do the braggadocious songs as much (although i miss that part of him).  But to compare what he's doing to what Ja Rule was/is doing is total disrespect to the legend.  I've never heard LL sing or try. 

I'm going to my car, placing westside connections 'terrorist threats' on and bumpin
'there's so many rappers in love, on the radio
there's so many bitch ass thugs, on the radio'

but i will ignore it when they say
"i give cool j his props, and that's where it stops'

chill

So, you are one of those dudes that only likes gangsta rap or what? I agree this album aint all that but still LL sounded fresh when he started the whole "making songs for the bitches". I like to listen to his albums from time to time, at least he doesnt rap about gangsta stuff,guns 24/7.

And who gives a shit what WSCG said. They also made a fucking duet with Mariah Carey.

But it's all about quality. The Mariah Carey & Westside Connection collabo was quality. LL's previous "songs for the bitches" were quality. The difference between I Need Love & Luv U Better and this album is huge. LL used to make quality music, now he makes garbage. That's as simple as it gets.

Matty

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 09:59:03 AM »
well i did give this album a listen and it wasn't all that terrible not great but its quite laid back i was liking that #1 fan tune that was smooth

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 10:18:58 AM »
It's a sexy and mature album.  That's the best way to put it.  Every rap album doesn't have to be on some gangsta shit.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »
well i did give this album a listen and it wasn't all that terrible not great but its quite laid back i was liking that #1 fan tune that was smooth

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2006, 12:00:40 PM »
zzazzazzazza zzazzazza zzazzazzazza zzazzazzazza zzazzazzazzazza zzazzazza
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2006, 01:18:20 PM »
zzazzazzazza zzazzazza zzazzazzazza zzazzazzazza zzazzazzazzazza zzazzazza

lol
NO MORE WAR

gchild

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2006, 01:30:13 PM »
I don't think the "ZZZZzzzzzz" part should have been included in the song, but I think its meant to be a tribute to Afrika Bambaataa, where they make the EXACTZZZzzzz sound on Planet Rock.  but i think it sounded silly in that song too(Planet Rock though the rest of Planet Rock is decent!)

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2006, 03:35:26 PM »
Wen I first played this album the 1st track got my attention. Im not a fan of dipset at all but the track is quite good. Unfortunatley after that track the album goes downhill big time.

On most of the tracks its obvious that LL has still got talent, but compared 2 wot we no LL has been capable of, this album is poor. Like sum1 else sed its more like a duets album. This album, The Definition and 10 hav all got LL sales cos theyre all commercial tracks so dude nos how 2 bring in the $$$, but 2 me personally they all 2 sloppy bar a couple of tracks.

Its a shame he dint go the same direction as his GOAT album, which I think has been his most solid work recently.
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?