Author Topic: To the non-blacks on here...do you watch BET?  (Read 1418 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: To the non-blacks on here...do you watch BET?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 02:48:27 PM »

That's what he does. He's a business man. Him selling it was just an indirect action that led to what BET is today.

What are you talking about?  "That's what he does".    So if an Italian Mobster takes one of your family members hostage and charges ransom for her.  It's all good because "That's what he does".

That's not a sufficient excuse for selling out your people.  He was already a rich and successful business man, he didn't have to sell BET to Viacom.  And don't say "indirect" either; since he sold the network, they got rid of Tavis Smiley, BET Tonight, Teen Summit (Their intellectual programming) and instead they added more programs that exploit their race as being nothing but materialistic, ignorant, sex-objects. 

I agree for the most part....he might be a business man, but if you wanna say it like that, then that means he's just living up to the stereotypes of a business man, meaning he has no ethics or values. He definitely had enough money, and he could have sold it to a group of black investors or anyone else, even if he didn't make as much money. It just shows that he values money a lot more than the impact and effect that what he created has and will have on the black youth. I wouldn't put ALL the blame on him, but he should have known that it would happen like it did.

He may have been forced to sell it. A lot of shit goes on behind the scenes in the entertainment world. He doesn't have the power to fight the big boys. If Viacom wanted to buy BET and they couldn't because he wouldn't sell they could have put BET out of business. It's real easy too. Just ell the advertisors that anyone that airs sponsors BEt won't get any airtime on CBS and there you go.

And Infinite; that mobster example is stupid. Johnson created a a channel to provide a service, he then no longer wanted to provide that service himself exclusively so he sold the company to Viacom for 3 billion dollars, became the second largest shareholder in Viacom and stayed on as CEO until last year when he stepped down gave the spot to a black woman. He still stays on as a chairman, and there is no telling what he could do for his fellow blacks with 3 billion dollars, if that was his agenda in the first place. Remember that despite the fact that there were more responsoble shows at one point, the station was still filled with stereotypical, denigrating, bullshit long before Viacom stepped in.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 05:42:29 PM »

That's what he does. He's a business man. Him selling it was just an indirect action that led to what BET is today.

What are you talking about?  "That's what he does".    So if an Italian Mobster takes one of your family members hostage and charges ransom for her.  It's all good because "That's what he does".

That's not a sufficient excuse for selling out your people.  He was already a rich and successful business man, he didn't have to sell BET to Viacom.  And don't say "indirect" either; since he sold the network, they got rid of Tavis Smiley, BET Tonight, Teen Summit (Their intellectual programming) and instead they added more programs that exploit their race as being nothing but materialistic, ignorant, sex-objects. 
LOL. Yeah because a mombster taking my family hostage and someone selling a cable channel are so similar. ::)

And Infinite; that mobster example is stupid.

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 06:02:03 PM »
Viacom is responsible for ruining BET since they took over control of the network, not the previous owner. For all we know, we may not know the details of the deal and the Viacom execs may have promised to keep the network going in that direction. We all know corporate execs are slimy human beings. Instead of being responsible and promoting quality African American programming, Viacom took the cheap route, and put on stereotypical garbage shows. That's what you expect from Viacom though, they've got nothing but trash out.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2006, 10:29:40 AM »
Viacom is responsible for ruining BET since they took over control of the network, not the previous owner. For all we know, we may not know the details of the deal and the Viacom execs may have promised to keep the network going in that direction. We all know corporate execs are slimy human beings. Instead of being responsible and promoting quality African American programming, Viacom took the cheap route, and put on stereotypical garbage shows. That's what you expect from Viacom though, they've got nothing but trash out.

No, the blame is with Robert Johnson.  You can't have a network called Black Entertainment Television and then sell it to whites (who have been the historical oppressor of blacks).

Do you think Arabs would allow an Arab Entertainment Television station in Jerusalam to be ran by the Jews?  And what kind of content would a station like that carry?

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2006, 03:06:34 PM »
i use to watch it when it back in the day when they had cool shit on there. now it's just  a bunch of stereotypes and shit on there that channle went from BET to NET IMO

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 03:25:37 PM »

No, the blame is with Robert Johnson.  You can't have a network called Black Entertainment Television and then sell it to whites (who have been the historical oppressor of blacks).

Do you think Arabs would allow an Arab Entertainment Television station in Jerusalam to be ran by the Jews?  And what kind of content would a station like that carry?

All three of the head chairman at Viacom when BET was sold were Jewish; Sumner Redstone, Les Moonves, and Mel Karmazin. So in actuality he did not sell it to the Christian whites that oppressed them. (Unless you are a big believer in anti-semitic conspiracy theories).

Let's get real, if the whites he sold it to were Muslim whites you'd be jumping up and down in joy like Jesus just came back to earth.

Eihtball

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2006, 08:15:07 PM »
I'm not a non-black, but I used to watch Rap City sometimes.  But ever since they refused to air Little Brother's video because it was "too intelligent" for their audiences, I've stopped watching B.E.T. entirely.  I agree with all that's been said in this thread...it's become too exploitative, and it just furthers degrading stereotypes.  Granted, I doubt I'd watch ANY music channel given the nature of most rap videos these days, but B.E.T. is definitely amongst the worst.

LOL at any white folks who get all sensitive about calling it "Black Entertainment Television", tho.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2006, 10:02:13 PM »
I'm not a non-black, but I used to watch Rap City sometimes.  But ever since they refused to air Little Brother's video because it was "too intelligent" for their audiences, I've stopped watching B.E.T. entirely.  I agree with all that's been said in this thread...it's become too exploitative, and it just furthers degrading stereotypes.  Granted, I doubt I'd watch ANY music channel given the nature of most rap videos these days, but B.E.T. is definitely amongst the worst.

LOL at any white folks who get all sensitive about calling it "Black Entertainment Television", tho.

Props...thanks for the info, I forgot about that little brother video they refused to play.  That's a good example of what I was describing.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2006, 10:05:10 PM »

All three of the head chairman at Viacom when BET was sold were Jewish; Sumner Redstone, Les Moonves, and Mel Karmazin.

Interesting... and thanks for the info.  The point however is still the same (Robert Johnson is still a trader to his people) because Jews have also been a historical oppressor of black people.  They mastered a system of interest (usury) that has put most of Africa into an insurmountable debt that they can never recover from.

The point is the Black Entertainment Television station should be owned by blacks, period.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:16:48 PM by Islamic Khalifah Sultan Abdul Hamid- 1908- »

coola

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 02:12:59 AM »
i agree with infinite, dude sold out... but we'll never know if he was forced to or what-not, if he's still the chair-man then you'd think he wasn't forced out...

and yeah whites have been oppressors in the past, also blacks have oppressed themselves and sold their own people in the past too.... strange how history keeps repeating itself.

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2006, 03:02:31 AM »
I still don't see how he sold out. He didn't want BET anymore, he built it up to be a great network and decided to sell it to the highest bidder, and reap the fruits of his labor.

That's like if I bought a run down house, fixed it up and built up it's value. Then I sell it to the people who gave me the best offer. If the new owners I sold the house to happen to be crackheads and turn my former home into a crackhouse, how am I at fault?

It's business, he's not gonna sell it to other black people for a lesser offer.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2006, 07:03:35 AM »

That's like if I bought a run down house, fixed it up and built up it's value. Then I sell it to the people who gave me the best offer. If the new owners I sold the house to happen to be crackheads and turn my former home into a crackhouse, how am I at fault?

Because Infinite said so.

And Infinite; what about the supposed Black Egyptians that that supposedly enslaved the Jews for all those years? I guess what goes around comes around.

For the record bashing whites, and blacks who help whites doesn't make you any less white. There is no shame in having pale skin. Embrace it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2006, 08:56:37 AM »
I still don't see how he sold out. He didn't want BET anymore, he built it up to be a great network and decided to sell it to the highest bidder, and reap the fruits of his labor.

It's business, he's not gonna sell it to other black people for a lesser offer.

This is more than just business.  Do you not realize how powerful the media is?  People all over the world (if they have satellite) are watching that station and this is the image that is being promoted about black people.  The media is more powerful than any weapon today.  One of the reasons the Jews are so small in number but they have great power and influence on the world stage is that they control the media.   When you control the media you can control people's minds. 

The media in this country has historically been used against black people.  The only time they show Africa is if there is war or starvation.  In the words of Dead Prez "They always got some brainwashed cops shit to watch/ runnin up in niggaz cribs claimin they heard shots". 

Even from a business standpoint, he can sell it if he wants to.  The name of the network has to be changed though.  Because you can't continue to call a network Black Entertainment Television when it is ran by Jews.  Wouldn't it make sense that Black Entertainment Television should be operated by black people?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2006, 01:34:46 PM »
they can call it whatever they want to....

magic johnson owns a portion of the lakers should they change it to the "Lakas" ?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2006, 02:08:31 PM »

All three of the head chairman at Viacom when BET was sold were Jewish; Sumner Redstone, Les Moonves, and Mel Karmazin.

Interesting... and thanks for the info.  The point however is still the same (Robert Johnson is still a trader to his people) because Jews have also been a historical oppressor of black people.  They mastered a system of interest (usury) that has put most of Africa into an insurmountable debt that they can never recover from.

The point is the Black Entertainment Television station should be owned by blacks, period.

Jews oppressed blacks? LMAO!...Maybe a vast minoirty of Jews. I'm willing to bet that more blacks have oppressed blacks than Jews have...Jews were busy being oppressed themselves during slavery. ::)