Author Topic: Japan spends half a billion dollars in one month on Nintendo's 'flop' DS  (Read 176 times)

Trauma-san

Yup, sales records released today show that Japanese consumers spent nearly half a BILLION dollars, LAST MONTH, on either DS systems, or DS games.  (53.4 Billion Yen) The newly released "DS Lite" sold more systems in Japan last month than the PSP and the PS2 combined, and Nintendo has 6 DS games in the top 10 games of the month. The Original "DS" still managed to sell more systems than the PSP, or the PS2, and the "Lite" version alone sold more than both combined. 

I imagine Nintendo will be laying people off soon, with horrid news like this.  Oh, woe is me.  Doom.  Gloom. 

By the way, the "DS Lite" is released in America next month, along with "New Super Mario Bros", the return of Mario to a sidescrolling adventure reminsicent of the original line up until Super Mario 64 went 3D.  I imagine that will flop as well.  Nintendo will probably be liquidating their real estate holdings soon, won't be long now until they go belly up like Sega. 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yea ppl in Japan are going crazy over the DSlite,lineups for blocks n shit crazzy, cant wait till it comes out here, i want one

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i cant figure out if japanese ppl like sushi more or video games :eh:

Sikotic™

It wont do so hot in the states. PSP's are the big thing.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BizzyR.I.P.

No way your gonna get it across to a Nintendo Fanboy.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

yea the PSPs seem to be doing better over here, im interested in the DSlite though looks pretty tight

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24