Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 287361 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #3855 on: June 23, 2008, 12:52:08 PM »
so ric flair's back. bit disapointed really. after that big send off, he should have just stayed away

I thought it was WAY too soon myself

it's being reported that he'll appear tonight as well for the 3-hour special

Isnt tonight the 3 hr special tanite?
and too the guy that was arguing about HHH i just watched a HHH match from Sept 99 and he looks just like now..03 he was more massive...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3856 on: June 23, 2008, 01:15:41 PM »
^^yup, 3-hr special is tonight

they'll have another $1 million give-away (5 $100,000 prizes; and 1 $500,000 prize from what I've read).
they'll also be holding the draft tonight.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3857 on: June 24, 2008, 08:31:42 AM »
so, what did everybody think of the draft results?

in case anybody missed and wants to know, here is who got drafted to each brand:

Raw:
1. Rey Mysterio (pick 1; from Smackdown)
2. CM Punk (pick 3; from ECW)
3. Michael Cole (pick 6; from Smackdown)
4. Batista (pick 7; from Smackdown)
5. Kane (pick 9; from ECW)

Smackdown:
1. Jeff Hardy (pick 2; from Raw)
2. Jim Ross (pick 5; from Raw)
3. Umaga (pick 8; from Raw)
4. Mr. Kennedy (pick 10; from Raw)
5. HHH (pick 11; from Raw)

ECW:
1. Matt Hardy (pick 4; from Smackdown)

It's going to be interesting to see how Night of Champions turns out now that:
a) HHH and Edge (WWE & World Champions) are both on SD, and their challengers are on Raw; they can either way with who wins and loses.
b) Who'll win between Kane and Big Show now that Kane is on Raw. ECW apparently is going to start being taped before Raw in the next couple of months.

ECW got screwed pretty badly in the draft.
I got annoyed when all the stars started getting stacked on Raw; I was glad they switched HHH & Mr. Kennedy over to SD at the end.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3858 on: June 24, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
I was so pumped to see Kennedy on Smackdown I thot that was grt how they had him come out and say right to edge. "IM COMIN FOR YOU!!" I thot that was a push for Kennedy, then HHH gets drafted, i thot it was guna be Cena..ECW GOT FUCKED!
And the Edge ending was predictable to me

The Best of 3 Worlds

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3859 on: June 24, 2008, 12:52:43 PM »
Breaking news: Jim Ross almost quits WWE

From JRSBarBQ.com:

As many of you know, I was “drafted” to Smackdown Monday night in the “random lottery”. Obviously that means I will be leaving Monday Night Raw and my long time partner Jerry Lawler.

I am not happy about this surprise development.

I also contemplated calling it a career Monday night and not going to Houston to tape SD.

After speaking with my wife and thinking on this matter until 6 a.m. Tuesday morning, I have decided to do the right thing for the fans who care and the talent who care and begin my new assignment.

It has been explained to me that the WWE’s Smackdown tenure on My Network is a high priority within the corporation. Allegedly, my presence is needed in that effort.

Many are speculating about when I learned of this development…the same time those of you were watching at home. I should have detected something with the demeanor of certain individuals either thru their plastic, poker faces or the perceived smirk that I thought I might have seen on some of their faces during the day.

As far as going to Connecticut each week to do Smackdown post production, that’s not going to happen. Either Mick Foley can handle it or the WWE can install a DSL line in my home to facilitate the work.

I will miss working with the King as the wrestling biz is one in which a guy can count his legit friends on one hand…even after a 30 plus year career. King has been like a brother to me….albeit an “older brother”. We will remain friends no matter that our team has been corporately imploded.

I believe that I have been strongly loyal to the WWE no matter the hands that were dealt to me over the years. In my tenure there I have earned a good living of which I am thankful. I will fulfill my commitments that I have made because unlike many in the business, my word is still my bond.

I can’t predict how long my Smackdown tenure will be, but I can promise that no matter how long or short it is that I will do my utmost best while sitting at ringside. I am not the kind of man who will “phone in” a damn thing.

My sincere thanks to all of you who have supported me on RAW over the years. I hope I was able to provide you a memory or two. Hopefully, we can create new memories now on Smackdown.

Based on my professional experiences, I look at each broadcast as potentially my last, which helps keep me motivated. So with that said we begin another chapter in my crazy life in the unpredictable world of ‘rasslin.

I still plan on attending RAW in my home market of OKC next Monday and I hear that tickets are still available. Any one have any extras?

Boomer Sooner!
J.R.

http://nodq.com/wwe/216338345.shtml

He looked legitimately pissed off last night when he found out he was going to SD.
I thought he was gonna quit after the show was over.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3860 on: June 24, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »
^Damn, that's fucked...I remember Ross and Lawler working together as a team ever since I started watching WWF in the late 90s. :-X

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3861 on: June 24, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »
Wont be the same without Ross. Obviosuly Smackdown is struggling thats why they got HHH and Ross now which should help alot..Jeff Hardy and Kennedy as well was huge

The Best of 3 Worlds

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3862 on: June 24, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »
JR going to SD is some fucking Bullshit!  >:(

and did Edge and Batista fuck'd up on the Battle Royal?.....Batista was bleeding a lot.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3863 on: June 24, 2008, 02:17:35 PM »
JR going to SD is some fucking Bullshit!  >:(

and did Edge and Batista fuck'd up on the Battle Royal?.....Batista was bleeding a lot.

Yeah, they weren't suppose to ram heads or something; it was a botched spot and Batista got busted open the hard way because of it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3864 on: June 24, 2008, 03:50:56 PM »
Easily the sickest Raw of the year. I loved the ending and for once the draft was not predictable.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3865 on: June 24, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »
They're going to have a supplemental draft tomorrow at 12PM EST.
I'm guessing this will be to move some of the mid-carders.

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3866 on: June 24, 2008, 09:10:14 PM »
Did anyone else notice MVP go to kick Jeff Hardy on purpose although being on the same team in the battle royal? 

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3867 on: June 24, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »
Did anyone else notice MVP go to kick Jeff Hardy on purpose although being on the same team in the battle royal? 

yeah, I thought they would've mentioned that last night.
and it was a clear shot too, so I don't think they would've missed it lol.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3868 on: June 24, 2008, 10:20:59 PM »
Well, I'm expecting a feud between the two now that Matt is on ECW.....which is practically Smackdown so nevermind.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3869 on: June 24, 2008, 10:35:56 PM »
They should of moved King to SD and foley to raw that would of made more sense. NOt that i watch anymore but when i do catch 20-30 minutes King annoys the hell out of me.