Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282129 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #2955 on: August 26, 2007, 09:42:28 PM »
Results, with my thoughts, I didn't see it as I only buy Wrestlemania, no other PPV.

Dark match: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch defeated Paul London and Brian Kendrick
(there was a time when the WWE tag titles were always on a Summer Slam card. sadly, London and Kendrick didn't win, and even worst, not even on the PPV)

Kane defeated Finlay
(The tag titles were not on the PPV, but Kane beating Finlay was, I like Kane and all, but I'd rather see a tag title match, with this in the middle card not curtain jerker)

Umaga defeated Carlito and Mr. Kennedy in a Triple Threat match to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship
(horrible move, get the IC title on some young talent that will move up eventually. Umaga is Kamala 2007, get him a handler and have him torment the World Champs without winning the title, not beating your future)

Rey Mysterio defeated Chavo Guerrero
(shocked at the time given a whole 12 minutes, which would allow these two to put on a hell of a match, sad I missed it. Chavo, a great choice for Rey's comeback)

Beth Phoenix defeated Michelle McCool, Torrie Wilson, Melina, Mickie James, Jillian Hall, Kelly Kelly, Kristal Marshall, Victoria, Layla, Maria, and Brooke in an Interpromotional Diva Battle Royal
(aside from me wishing Mickie James would put the skirt back on and go crazy again, Beth is the best #1 condender right now. I want to see her actually win, and make Candice better in the process)

Matt Hardy and Montel Vontavious Porter went to a no contest in a Beer Drinking Contest.
(anytime Austin is on a PPV, I'm all for it)

John Morrison defeated CM Punk to retain the ECW Championship
(I like John Morrison, but please give CM the title. These two would be perfect on Smackdown to help that brand)

Triple H defeated King Booker (w/Queen Sharmell)
(Not shocked, just sad that Booker was built up this much to get squashed. Squash Kane right now, his not doing anything, but Booker :'()

Batista defeated World Heavyweight Champion The Great Khali (w/Ranjin Singh) by disqualification
(I would love to see Khali lose the title, even so much that Batista would do. Damn you McMahon, I expected more from you.)

John Cena defeated Randy Orton to retain the WWE Championship
(I was surprised, and happy, I don't think Randy is the one to dethrone Cena. I'm looking at someone who is rising and is almost ready for that main event status... MISSTTERR...)

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2956 on: August 26, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »
Results, with my thoughts, I didn't see it as I only buy Wrestlemania, no other PPV.

(I was surprised, and happy, I don't think Randy is the one to dethrone Cena. I'm looking at someone who is rising and is almost ready for that main event status... MISSTTERR...)

I really don't care who takes the belt from Cena (as long as it isn't Umaga), but for the love of god they need to get the fucking belt off of Cena. I wouldn't mind Orton being the champ, but Mr.Kennedy would be a great choice as well.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2957 on: August 26, 2007, 10:44:07 PM »

I really don't care who takes the belt from Cena (as long as it isn't Umaga), but for the love of god they need to get the fucking belt off of Cena. I wouldn't mind Orton being the champ, but Mr.Kennedy would be a great choice as well.

I'd rather see Cena turn heel with the title than Orton win the title. Orton is a backstage cancer, and that's not who you want with the title. Cena's gimmick maybe stale, but when handled correctly his the most popular or most hated character in the WWE, and backstage his a workhorse who says and does everything right to represent the company. Cena as a person is who you want with the title. There are others too that need gimmick enhancement in order be ready for a World title run, but the most ready young wrestler right now to beat Cena is Mr. Kennedy. Orton may be gimmick ready, but his not backstage ready. There are so many things to look at before giving someone the title. They gave RVD a well deserved title run to promote ECW, and he proved why he never was world champ for even ECW by getting busted for drugs with Sabu. Your World champion has to represent the company inside and out, and Orton is not the one. Triple H, Kennedy, Angle, even Shelton, would all be great champs for their company. Orton, no.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2958 on: August 26, 2007, 10:59:42 PM »

I'd rather see Cena turn heel with the title than Orton win the title. Orton is a backstage cancer, and that's not who you want with the title. Cena's gimmick maybe stale, but when handled correctly his the most popular or most hated character in the WWE, and backstage his a workhorse who says and does everything right to represent the company. Cena as a person is who you want with the title. There are others too that need gimmick enhancement in order be ready for a World title run, but the most ready young wrestler right now to beat Cena is Mr. Kennedy. Orton may be gimmick ready, but his not backstage ready. There are so many things to look at before giving someone the title. They gave RVD a well deserved title run to promote ECW, and he proved why he never was world champ for even ECW by getting busted for drugs with Sabu. Your World champion has to represent the company inside and out, and Orton is not the one. Triple H, Kennedy, Angle, even Shelton, would all be great champs for their company. Orton, no.

Well said about representing the compagny. I like John Cena and he seems like a stand up guy. He is gettinga little stale but what can you do, i think the wwe as a whole is and has been stale for a long time. They are only a few storylines in the past few years that have interested me...

Batista's face turn on HHH
HBk vs Hogan
Edge vs Cena
Other then that its been stale for at least 5 years.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2959 on: August 26, 2007, 11:03:52 PM »

Great point. I never even thought of the backstage aspect of being the champ. I'm just so tired of Cenas gimmick and hes not anything special in the ring. I wouldn't mind him being the champ if they turned him heel (just as long as the lame rapper gimmick doesnt return). But i'd love to see HHH or Mr. Kennedy take the belt from cena soon.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2960 on: August 27, 2007, 12:05:28 AM »

Great point. I never even thought of the backstage aspect of being the champ. I'm just so tired of Cenas gimmick and hes not anything special in the ring. I wouldn't mind him being the champ if they turned him heel (just as long as the lame rapper gimmick doesnt return). But i'd love to see HHH or Mr. Kennedy take the belt from cena soon.

I understand. To this day I turn over in pain thinking of another Triple H run, just because I've grown so tired with him as champ since 1999. Hulk too, even though I though nWo Hulk was great and made me enjoy his title reigns again, there is nothing worst than a stale champion. Orton is not the answer, but it's time to take off the title soon. I wish Edge was on Raw and healthy, I loved Edge keeping the title from Cena, and then Cena would have to go off to other feuds well Edge did other things. But yeah, it's that time to take the title off Cena for a while, let the main event grow, and throw Cena back in as a heel or something. And I liked rappin' Cena, he was not bad at all, and people HATED him. He needs a shake up though, it would be good for the company as a whole.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2961 on: August 27, 2007, 01:29:51 AM »

I understand. To this day I turn over in pain thinking of another Triple H run, just because I've grown so tired with him as champ since 1999. Hulk too, even though I though nWo Hulk was great and made me enjoy his title reigns again, there is nothing worst than a stale champion. Orton is not the answer, but it's time to take off the title soon. I wish Edge was on Raw and healthy, I loved Edge keeping the title from Cena, and then Cena would have to go off to other feuds well Edge did other things. But yeah, it's that time to take the title off Cena for a while, let the main event grow, and throw Cena back in as a heel or something. And I liked rappin' Cena, he was not bad at all, and people HATED him. He needs a shake up though, it would be good for the company as a whole.

I can understand why people wouldn't want them to put the belt on Triple H so it wouldn't bother me if he didn't get another title run. I've jsut always been a fan of his since I was a kid.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2962 on: August 27, 2007, 10:02:34 AM »

I can understand why people wouldn't want them to put the belt on Triple H so it wouldn't bother me if he didn't get another title run. I've jsut always been a fan of his since I was a kid.

I think, dispite my personal feelings, Triple H would be a great champion right now. His got the experience, his fan base is larger now that he hasn't had the title in a while, and his a leader backstage which is a great thing to have from your champ. It is best to take the title off Cena sooner than later at this point and turn him heel quick. He needs to revamp his character, and others need to grap the title to make the World title picture stronger. The main event is very weak right now because of Cena being such a strong champ that it buried everyone. Triple H is credible to take the title off him, and rumor that Kennedy is going to be the son of Vince will start a family fued that would be perfect to get Kennedy some title shots. See, Cena as champ cannot put people up, Triple H as champ can. so it's in the WWE's best interest to put the belt on Triple H right now as oppose to Cena.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2963 on: August 27, 2007, 10:57:05 AM »
This Summerslam was the most pathetic ever.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2964 on: August 27, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »
This Summerslam was the most pathetic ever.

It's true.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2965 on: August 27, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »

Well said about representing the compagny. I like John Cena and he seems like a stand up guy. He is gettinga little stale but what can you do, i think the wwe as a whole is and has been stale for a long time. They are only a few storylines in the past few years that have interested me...

HBk vs Hogan
Edge vs Cena

dont forget mick foley vs. ric flair! their promos had me on the edge of my seat!

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2966 on: August 27, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »
time to play the game

y?

Cause I don´t like him.

I just don´t understand what people see in him, plus him getting over ANYONE in the company back then was too much. I understand that he really paid his dues and deserves being where he is but I always felt that he got pushed down people´s throats. Cena is the Triple H of today in terms of title run etc. and I understand why some people are really sick of it.

Paul

« Reply #2967 on: August 27, 2007, 02:39:38 PM »

HBk vs Hogan
Edge vs Cena

dont forget mick foley vs. ric flair! their promos had me on the edge of my seat!

yup 1 of my favourite angles of the last couple of years

summerslam was a decent ppv, but considering it was one of the big 4 it was kinda poor, i enjoyed royal rumble from this year, wrestlemania was poor and so was summerslam
funkyfreshintheflesh

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2968 on: August 27, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
I thought summerslam sucked balls, but i enjoyed triple h's return and i really like the new john morrison angle,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2969 on: August 27, 2007, 04:18:47 PM »
Did you guys all order it or did you download and is it even worth to download? Looking at the results I don´t even want to download it. lol