Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282398 times)

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #2985 on: August 29, 2007, 06:01:39 PM »
I stopped watching wrestling on a regular basis years ago (simply because they donīt show it here and I canīt be bothered to download every show) but I still read all the results etc... So, while I donīt know too much about the performance of younger guys  I donīt have the feeling that Iīm missing out on something. I mean, wrestling/sports entertainment is basically dead since WCW went out of business. Without any competition itīs just boring.

I was a WWF mark to the fullest back around 89 to 94 and although a friend of mine was heavily into wrestling in general (WCW, Japan, taping trades and what not) I never got into WCW. It was just 2nd class to me. Then when the NWO started you know that it was the hottest thing going and I was watching Nitro every week. It was a mix of bringing in older WWF guys and the element of surprise. Every week there happened something. You couldnīt afford to miss one single Nitro , I was hooked. That also made WWF work their asses off and, of course, in the long run they won.

Nowadays itīs just shit. I donīt even bother downloading Summerslam now. Think about it, someone said that itīs disappointing that SS was so weak because itīs one of the original 4 PPVīs. Itīs not only one of the original four, it used to be the second highest WWF ppv ever and people knew it by the caliber of matches. Rumble and Survior Series were "just" gimmick ppvīs. Now you guys say that this years Summerslam was disappointing and when I look at the results and the reviews it doesnīt make me go look for a download link like it should.

Even though they might be very critical about their product in Stamford, without some major competition it will be very hard to pull themselves out of this mediocracy.

(I guess though, just to really have an opinion, I go and look for a download link :D )

I agree with most of that.

What do you not agree with?

Finally watched Summerslam & I'm pretty dissapointed with some of the matches. Like the one with Rey Mysterio, I was expecting something way better than that (afterall, this was Mysterio's comeback). Booker T lost in a terrible way, it was like he was "just another" wrestler with no history behind him. Getting disqualified by using a chair at a PPV is just plain miserable & that's what Khali did. As for Cena beating Orton, I don't know, I'm just sick & tired of seeing Cena win every title match he gets. They put the belt on the wrong guy, clearly no one likes him so what's the fucking point at him still being the champion???

He sells enough merchandise. Obviously they donīt have any one else at the moment that they could put the title on and the fact that he makes them enough money is reason enough to keep the title on him. I see it that way, kids will always buy his shirts and all that stuff but with putting the title on him they also sell more title replicas. Especially just his spinner title. They know that if he doesnīt have any title to show to the fans that they wonīt sell any titles. Itīs business in the end and if he makes the company the most money then they wonīt change that. I rather have Cena as champ than Orton or Triple H.

iam tired of seeing cena as the champ even though he sells enough merchandise but i still think austin sold more merchandise in his time then wat cena merchandise has sold today wat do yall think???

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2986 on: August 29, 2007, 07:13:25 PM »
^

He probably did.

Out of all WWF/E wrestlers I think itīs sure to say that Hogan has sold the most, then there is Warrior/Austin, where I would go with Austin but Warrior also sold a shitload, and then comes Cena. I doubt that HBK or Bret Hart sold that amounts. Unless Iīm really missing anyone out at the moment I think thatīs it. If you want to count the NWO as WWE then they might also qualify for selling a lot of merchandise (of course during their prime in WCW.)

Speaking of Austin, Iīm not checking the WWE shopzone at all, but I could imagine that they still might sell a decent amount of his merchandise just by his sporadic appearances.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2987 on: August 29, 2007, 10:16:19 PM »
I've heard that Austin sold more than Hogan, though Hogan's draw to big areans were larger than Austin's. Who made WWE more money, who knows? Michaels though didn't sell the gate and didn't sell products too well, but his career had a 4 year gap just as he was hitting his prime. Imagion the DX gear had Michaels still been a member during the attitude era, so Michaels sales are unfair. Warrior sold a grip, and he was lucky to be champ when the roster was STACKED! I mean I'd give Hogan the benefit of the doubt, because he helped the WWF get to the position to have a stacked roster by the late 80's early 90's, but Warrior obviously benefitted from this roster rather than enhance it.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2988 on: August 29, 2007, 10:48:50 PM »
I've heard that Austin sold more than Hogan

ive heard this plenty times too

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2989 on: August 30, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »
there is 2 guys for wrestling being as popular as it is.

Hogan and Austin

guys like Bret Hart, HBK, Undertaker were always complimentary and help sustain it when times were down from 93-96

Rock, HHH, Mankind, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior are complimentary to wrestlers to Hogan and Austin who are the 2 REAL and only icons in wreslting. Rock could actualy in between the men i mentionned above and Hogan and Austin.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2990 on: August 30, 2007, 01:27:06 PM »
WWE suspends 10 wrestlers!

WWE released the following official press release confirming the suspension of 10 Superstars:

WWEŪ Statement On Performer Suspensions

STAMFORD, Conn., August 30, 2007 - Based on independent information received from investigators from the Albany County, NY D.A.’s office, WWE has today, under the penalty provisions of its wellness policy, issued suspension notices to 10 of its performers for violations. It has been WWE’s practice not to release the names of those who have been suspended, but notice has been sent to all WWE performers that names of anyone who is suspended under the Wellness Policy as of November 1 will be made public.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2991 on: August 30, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »
I donīt hold my breath to hear any big names and somehow I have a feeling that this is "staged" (to an extent) by the WWE to show good will towards the congress that they take the testing serious.

F-cisco

« Reply #2992 on: August 30, 2007, 06:04:22 PM »
I donīt hold my breath to hear any big names and somehow I have a feeling that this is "staged" (to an extent) by the WWE to show good will towards the congress that they take the testing serious.

Guess Again.

From the New York Daily News:

The WWE was rocked again today, after several of wrestling's top names emerged in the Albany district attorney's probe into a widespread Internet doping scandal.

The wrestling conglomerate based in Stamford announced that it will suspend 10 of its biggest stars for violation of its wellness policy.

In a list obtained exclusively by the Daily News, top wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson, Eddie "Umaga" Fatu, Shoichi Funaki and Chavo Guerrero were all identified as clients of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, the site raided by Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies in February for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. The investigation is part of a probe into illegal Internet drug distribution by Albany D.A. David Soares.

ESPN has added the following names:

Dave Bautista (Batista)
Shoichi Funaki
Chris Mordetzky aka Chris Masters

Note to webmasters/reporters: If reproducing news from this website, please include a hyperlink to www.gerweck.net

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2993 on: August 30, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »
yeha but those werent the guys suspended???? Theres way more then 10 there!!!

Guys i think the WWE as we know it is about to change big time.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #2994 on: August 30, 2007, 06:56:55 PM »
i dont get how Simon Dean (Mike Bucci) gets suspended if he isn't even wrestling nowadays.

as for some of the other names, i guess we'll have to wait till the upcoming week begins to see if they are suspended or not.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2995 on: August 30, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »

Guess Again.

From the New York Daily News:

The WWE was rocked again today, after several of wrestling's top names emerged in the Albany district attorney's probe into a widespread Internet doping scandal.

The wrestling conglomerate based in Stamford announced that it will suspend 10 of its biggest stars for violation of its wellness policy.

In a list obtained exclusively by the Daily News, top wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson, Eddie "Umaga" Fatu, Shoichi Funaki and Chavo Guerrero were all identified as clients of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, the site raided by Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies in February for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. The investigation is part of a probe into illegal Internet drug distribution by Albany D.A. David Soares.

ESPN has added the following names:

Dave Bautista (Batista)
Shoichi Funaki
Chris Mordetzky aka Chris Masters

Note to webmasters/reporters: If reproducing news from this website, please include a hyperlink to www.gerweck.net

oh wat i didnt know about this

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2996 on: August 30, 2007, 09:02:12 PM »
Raw and Smackdown should be interesting if all those names are going to be out,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2997 on: August 30, 2007, 09:44:40 PM »
lol, i came along this segment today with Hogan, Rock and Kane:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-s_blbgvCPo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-s_blbgvCPo</a>

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2998 on: August 31, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
I finally watched SummerSlam and the highlight to me was, without a doubt, the Cryme Tyme/Vince/Coach/Regal/Teddy segment.

When CT came in Regal covers his watch with his right hand so it doesnīt get stolen, lol, I didnīt even notice that the first time I watched it. Great. Then his face when he decides to join the dance. Then finishing with the DAMN from Ron Simmons. Classic!

Besides that, Chavo VS Rey was enjoyable like expected, Triple H VS Booker was an insult to Booker - too short. Khali VS Batista didnīt leave any lasting impression on me. Cena VS Orton, yeah well, Iīm not interested in iether one of them so I fel asleep once during their match.

I didnīt expect anything from SummerSlam but I think you can see as if they knew that their card wasnīt anything special. Two comebacks and a special Austin appearance couldnīt save this. The Regal segment was funny and Vince was willing to get down with Mae Young (or was it Moolah?) lol but in the end SummerSlam should be better.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2999 on: September 01, 2007, 08:54:45 PM »
Eugene has been released from the WWE:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Smackdown talent Eugene as of September 1. We wish Eugene the best in all future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eugenereleased1