Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282056 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #4110 on: September 16, 2008, 12:12:56 AM »
Yeah, WWE paid for Jake's and Hall's rehab this year. It obviously hasn't worked for either though.

he said he was drugged lol
Definitely wasn't booze. I found another video of the incident and he was in an alley crying, acting really weird. Either someone drugged him or he drugged himself. Dude gave the sickest promos back in the day. I'll try to dig some up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4111 on: September 16, 2008, 04:53:37 AM »
Anyone see TNA's No Surrender PPV??? First half was meh (still better than WWE) but it got better later on. Best match was the Sonjay Dutt & Black Machismo ladder match. They actually did new spots with the ladders, they did some CRAZY stuff. Good PPV overall, although I was expecting it to be better.

h2k4

« Reply #4112 on: September 16, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
Anyone see TNA's No Surrender PPV??? First half was meh (still better than WWE) but it got better later on. Best match was the Sonjay Dutt & Black Machismo ladder match. They actually did new spots with the ladders, they did some CRAZY stuff. Good PPV overall, although I was expecting it to be better.

I haven't ordered a PPV since probably the nWo days.  Did Mick make an appearance?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4113 on: September 16, 2008, 02:56:03 PM »
^No he wasn't there. He will be at this week's or next week's Impact. Why don't you download the PPVs. The wrestling on Impact is nothing compared to the wrestling on their PPVs. It's on a whole nother level.

h2k4

« Reply #4114 on: September 16, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »
I didn't even know you could DL the PPVs.  Did you catch RAW?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4115 on: September 17, 2008, 02:02:23 AM »
Check out this site: http://www.onlinesport.ro/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132 It's a great site with tons of wrestling downloads: PPVs, Impacts, RAWs, shoot interviews - you name it & theres different download formats like xvid, wmv, hd, nsv etc. No I didn't watch RAW. Since like a month or 2 I stopped watching WWE's regular shows & only watch their PPVs.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:06:18 AM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #4116 on: September 17, 2008, 02:37:36 AM »
^props on that link man
it'll making d/ling PPVs a lot easier

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4117 on: September 17, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »
Check out this site: http://www.onlinesport.ro/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132 It's a great site with tons of wrestling downloads: PPVs, Impacts, RAWs, shoot interviews - you name it & theres different download formats like xvid, wmv, hd, nsv etc. No I didn't watch RAW. Since like a month or 2 I stopped watching WWE's regular shows & only watch their PPVs.

props

we should keep that post handy

h2k4

« Reply #4118 on: September 17, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »

+1 for the link.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4119 on: September 19, 2008, 10:32:35 AM »
I agree with Kurt Angle on this...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/09/13/6756896.html

In wrestling, there’s a story in every match. In MMA, you cannot tell that story," Angle said. "There is not story in a 'shoot' fight -- you either get knocked out, choked out, tapped out, or you make it and the referee decides who wins by decision. It becomes very difficult to tell a story in a worked shoot." Angle believes the unpredictability makes MMA less appealing than pro wrestling. "I believe pro wrestling will always be around," Angle said. "People like to lose that touch of reality for a couple of hours and watch the show and have fun. Going out there, and cutting a promo, or heeling in a match and the crowd are booing you, and they’re becoming emotionally involved -- that's what makes it fun. Wrestling's a beautiful art. I’m a big MMA fan, and I think wrestling's way better.

h2k4

« Reply #4120 on: September 19, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »
I agree with Kurt Angle on this...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/09/13/6756896.html

In wrestling, there’s a story in every match. In MMA, you cannot tell that story," Angle said. "There is not story in a 'shoot' fight -- you either get knocked out, choked out, tapped out, or you make it and the referee decides who wins by decision. It becomes very difficult to tell a story in a worked shoot." Angle believes the unpredictability makes MMA less appealing than pro wrestling. "I believe pro wrestling will always be around," Angle said. "People like to lose that touch of reality for a couple of hours and watch the show and have fun. Going out there, and cutting a promo, or heeling in a match and the crowd are booing you, and they’re becoming emotionally involved -- that's what makes it fun. Wrestling's a beautiful art. I’m a big MMA fan, and I think wrestling's way better.

Me too.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4121 on: September 21, 2008, 02:57:17 AM »
WWE's got to update the WWE Title.
If you take a look at the belt, it has a plate that says "Mon Night Raw"; and the title is on Smackdown now.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4122 on: September 21, 2008, 03:01:40 AM »
If you take a look at the belt, it has a plate that says "Mon Night Raw"; and the title is on Smackdown now.

I think the belt itself as a whole looks ridiculous & so unprofessional. They should change it.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4123 on: September 21, 2008, 03:08:54 AM »

I think the belt itself as a whole looks ridiculous & so unprofessional. They should change it.

Yeah, I was never a fan of the new belt design even if it was to go with Cena's gimmick.
The US Title spinner he had was alright because it wasn't the major title that represented the company or the brand.

The title they had before when Lesnar, Guerrero, etc. won it didn't look too appealing or like a major title either.

I hope the design a new title or go back to this one (with some slight updates):

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4124 on: September 21, 2008, 09:04:31 AM »
The best one wasthe one Hogan had all the way to when Austin won it. Then they changed it