Author Topic: Busta talks on his new songs and more.....  (Read 167 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Busta talks on his new songs and more.....
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:38:36 AM »
We sat down and eagerly let Busta tell us all about his new album on which he says fans are getting the “real Busta” this time around. He explained: “this is probably the first time that I have done an album where the only compromise was what is necessary for me to make my songs that much more powerful. As opposed to me making songs that made the label’s job easier to get my records played. I was able to talk about my parents.” At Busta Rhymes’ playback the night before we had heard a track titled Been Through The Storm, a collaboration with Stevie Wonder. Busta told us that: “It’s basically a song about how parents come from another country – Jamaica. They come to the United States which is the alleged land of the free and opportunity and most of the time the promises that are made through the campaign of what kind of country America is, isn't necessarily what is delivered. As far as all the promises, what you hope to look forward to anticipating and receiving. So it’s like a bunch of bullshit.”
Speaking on violence in hip-hop and why he's not based his career on it, Busta revealed that: “I felt the music was really what this success should be based on, not about how much drugs you selling, guns you shot, people you tied up. Not saying that you shouldn't tell these stories, I'm just saying that wasn't what I chose. If you are really from the streets you do not broadcast what you do in the streets, that ain't what the real street dudes did, you know what I'm saying? At the same time this whole beef thing is becoming a marketing ploy, I do not respect that, and that will never be respected by me.”
Another of Busta's tracks talks about dealing with friends and enemies. “I realised that sometimes the person you got to keep your eyes closest on is the ones that are around you on the day-to-day. Those are the ones that you bring to your families crib, to break bread, eat dinner, they know where your personable values are and if there is ever a discrepancy between the two of you, everything that you love and cherish - they have already been exposed to it. Out To Get Me is another song like that. That pretty much just explains a lot of the time that I had to front for TV and not be the real me, but it would not have been appropriate for me to be running around ranting and raving about all of the personal dramas I was going through.”
Busta admitted he's happier than he's ever been musically. “I’m finally able to let the fans in and just be like here it is," he said. “I'm putting my balls on the table (laughs). By the way I'm proud to say that Papoose, who is the underground king of New York right now, is officially the newest recruit of Flipmode Entertainment / Streetsweepers Entertainment.” The most fascinating track Busta played us was Your Time Has Come. Apparently Dr Dre made it by recording a barrel of dirt with a shovel in it which sounds like coffins, death and a complete movie on wax- wait till you hear it!
Finally Busta smiled: “what keeps me motivated is the fact that the game has been good to me. I have made a whole lot of money and I do not have to worry about securing the well being of my family. I am no longer a slave to the hustle.”

Souce: A bustaunofficial website

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Busta talks on his new songs and more.....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:41:43 AM »
'This is probably the first time that I have done an album where the only compromise was what is necessary for me to make my songs that much more powerful. As opposed to me making songs that made the label’s job easier to get my records played. I was able to talk about my parents.'

Are we that wrong or something?? These songs are more powerful?  ??? Ain't the songs he makin NOW just tryin to GET airplay???
Touch It was a cclub banger. I love my bitch is a fuckin pop song. Whats more powerful in his songs NOW than the ol Bus?! I hope the real Bus songs just haven't been heard yet!!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:50:53 AM »
Lmao at him saying that...

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 07:10:21 PM »
still waitin for your album bus after three years!!!  :D

hope its not jus hype like a gunit release
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program