Author Topic: New Stricklin interview.. "GMC" changing to "EMC".. Album almost done!!  (Read 79 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
SK: First of all, let me thank you again, for giving us part of your time. Now lets start.
S: aiight here we go.

SK: Everybody wanna know something about the GMCs album. Can you tell us something about it? Whos gonna produce the tracks? There will be some guests on it?
S: 1st off, the group is no longer called GMC. we changed it now to EMC due to some name right issues. and I really can't reveal too much about the project yet except that it is almost done and is turning out to be really good music.

SK: You and Ace did a song recently with Create & Devastate. How that was for you guys to work with two European producers?
S: the create/devastate joint turned out to be super dope. those cats are very cool. met them on tour in europe, and they asked us to record a 12inch for them. so we went in their studio and knocked it out. shout out to create/devastate for the love!!

SK: Why you had chose to switch from a big label such as Tommy Boy, to an indie label such as M3?
S: as for tommy boy, i left shortly before the label folded. and i can't even say that i saw the "ship sinking" but i did feel it wasn't the best place for me. the m3 situation is beautiful for me because it allows me to move at my pace and not rush to put out bullshit. ace runs the label and as an artist himself, he knows how to cater to his artists.

SK: Tell us how did you met Masta Ace.
S: i met ace because he heard one of my freestyles on a mixtape that he copped. he knew the dj who put the mixtape out so he asked him who i was. the dj, who i believe was dj a.p. from jersey, gave him my contacts and he reached out to me. we kept in touch and from there came the song "the booth" which ace produced and my guest appearances on disposable arts and the rest is pretty much history.

SK: Can you tell us something about your origins? When did you started rapping?
S: i am from milwaukee, usa! i started rhymin um... lets just say a long long time ago.

SK: Hip-hop music, today, is everywhere. What you think of the explosion of this culture?
S: i think the fact that hiphop has exploded so much is a beautiful thing. it has allowed me to tour the world pretty much and meet some beautiful people along the way. and come on man, 3-6 Mafia won an oscar!! an OSCAR!!! thats whassup!!!

SK: What are your feelings on the hip-hop situation nowadays?
S: i get frustrated with the state of hiphop sometimes. i speak on it alot on the EMC album so you are just gonna have to check it. but i think with the emergence of groups like Little Brother and Kanye and his camp, i think hiphop is going back to where it needs to be.

SK: When will you release your first solo album? Youre already working on it?
S: yeah, i am already working on my album. in the beginning stages so it will probably come out after the group album. i'm excited!

SK: What are your favourites artists right now?
S: of course i love all the dudes in my m3 camp. also love the LB fam and Hall of Justus movement. i like E-Ness from philly and this group from milwaukee named Growing Nation. i definitely prefer Jay over Cam and im a huge G-Dep fan. i could go on and on, but ima just leave it at that.

SK: How do you feel to work with a living legend such as Masta Ace?
S: it's definitely been a blessing working with ace as an artist. i have been a fan of his since Take A Look Around so it was an honor that he even recognized my talent. and the best thing about is, not only did i get a mentor in the music business, but i also got a big brother in life. we talk almost everyday and it's most of the time not even about music so our relationship is really more than just industry stuff.

SK: Association of words: Ill say some names, and you will give me some words in association, ok?

Punchline.
S: very witty, "grown man shit", can write with the best of 'em, my big homie!

Wordsworth.
S: name fits him perfect! his work ethic and freestyle talent are 2nd to none. and he's a better person than he is a rapper, and we know how dope he is!!

Apocalypse.
S: underrated! enregy on the mic, diamond in the ruff, straight NY state of mind, my dude!

Royce Da 59.
S: my midwest nigga! aint got the props he deserve yet, beast on the mic, love his cocky yet confident swagg! super dope emcee! King of Detroit... nuff said!

SK: Strick, thanks again for this. If you wanna add something, you can do that here. Peace.
S: thanks for lettin me holla at yall... appreciate the love!!!

quelle: daylight / better dayz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAMN!! i can't wait for that album... just so you know EMC is Masta Ace, Punchline, Wordsworth and Stricklin

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props

herpes

i never really cared for strick that, much but i am looking foward to this.