Author Topic: Jaheim  (Read 116 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Jaheim
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »
Anyone else who's feeling Jaheim's music? I've bought "Still Ghetto" and "Ghetto Classics" last week and they're both very good albums. Jaheim's the kind of R&B rapper who delivers quality material and not just some poppy-sounding tracks in order to appeal to the mainstream audience. You can tell he really cares about the music he makes. He's also each time the executive producer of his albums, which says a lot too...

Anyway, right now I've got Ghetto Classics in rotation and I like it more and more. It has two features on it: Jadakiss (appears on the single. Nice video too btw) & Styles P.
The song with Styles P. ("Fiend") is a must-check for everyone. At first I thought it was a love song but then I listened to it closely, and I was like "ha, nice metaphor!". For real...it's a very dope song.

I can recommend Jaheim's album to anyone who likes R&B that isn't too cheesy-sounding.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jaheim
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 06:10:36 PM »
Yeah his CDs are really solid

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 10:29:52 AM »
I dunno, I've never heard a track from him that I could actually listen to more than a couple of times without getting bored. He tries to be like an old soul cat without really capturing the essence of what made the 60 and 70s soul music so great, and thus just comes across as boring, or when he goes more up tempo, as trying to cut in on the rap audience.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 10:32:11 AM »
Yeah his CDs are really solid

Hell Yeah

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 11:46:11 AM »
I dunno, I've never heard a track from him that I could actually listen to more than a couple of times without getting bored. He tries to be like an old soul cat without really capturing the essence of what made the 60 and 70s soul music so great, and thus just comes across as boring, or when he goes more up tempo, as trying to cut in on the rap audience.

I understand what you mean, but in my opinion he delivers a great combination of soul influences and contemporary R&B/nu-soul. He knows just how far he can go on a record to not sound too cheesy...which is something that can not be said about many other R&B artists nowadays.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 11:49:38 AM »
only album i heard was ghetto classics

dont hate i just aint feeling it.  Maybe he has a better album out there, but he lost me after this album

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 03:47:56 PM »
all I've heard is his singles and I like all of them so far