Author Topic: WWE Ain't Shit  (Read 965 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: WWE Ain't Shit
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 06:51:11 AM »
I just prefer some Indy feds over the mainstream shit. 0The 3-way in TNA was good, but TNA doesn't really have a match like that at every show.

Yeah but the PPVs are filled with enough good matches to make them worth the money. Joe vs Daniels last Thursday on TV was another great match.

Do you ever watch Noah?

I only got 2-3 vids. That 7/10/04 Dome show is piff.

I don't know what piff means, but last year's Kobashi vs Kawada was a war of gladiators. And KENTA vs Marifuji is always Gold.

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 01:22:07 PM »
lol. Piff = fire. A Dipset/Diplomats slang. But yea, I just heard about KENTA and saw a match he had with osme dude (forgot who.) Is his finisher the "Go 2 SLeep"?
Hip Hop: Live, Breathe, Sleep it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »
lol. Piff = fire. A Dipset/Diplomats slang. But yea, I just heard about KENTA and saw a match he had with osme dude (forgot who.) Is his finisher the "Go 2 SLeep"?

The Japanese wrestlers don't have finishers for the most part. It's a completely different style over there. They use the same logic boxing uses, in that a good right cross may mean nothing in round 1 but if a punch of the same calibre comes in round 11 it could finish the fight. A lot of Japanese matches you'll see will end in moves you've seen the guy do numerous times in the match but because of how well the wrestler worked the head or shoulder or whatever during the match the same move is more deadly. A arm bar could be nothing more than a small wear down move in the first 5 minutes but doing the same arm bar 5 or 6 times during a 35 minute match and working the shoulder and elbow properly will get a guy to tap. As opposed to the North American style where something like a chin music, FU, or RKO teorhectically shouldn't hurt more than any other kick, slam, or suplex, but because they are the "special" move they seem to hurt more in some magical way. It makes for good entertainment. I just prefer the japanese style. Something promotions like ROH have embraced in a lot of ways. Up here in canada we get ROH once or twice a week on TV.

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 02:02:47 PM »

The Japanese wrestlers don't have finishers for the most part. It's a completely different style over there. They use the same logic boxing uses, in that a good right cross may mean nothing in round 1 but if a punch of the same calibre comes in round 11 it could finish the fight. A lot of Japanese matches you'll see will end in moves you've seen the guy do numerous times in the match but because of how well the wrestler worked the head or shoulder or whatever during the match the same move is more deadly. A arm bar could be nothing more than a small wear down move in the first 5 minutes but doing the same arm bar 5 or 6 times during a 35 minute match and working the shoulder and elbow properly will get a guy to tap. As opposed to the North American style where something like a chin music, FU, or RKO teorhectically shouldn't hurt more than any other kick, slam, or suplex, but because they are the "special" move they seem to hurt more in some magical way. It makes for good entertainment. I just prefer the japanese style. Something promotions like ROH have embraced in a lot of ways. Up here in canada we get ROH once or twice a week on TV.

Yea, I know. Puroresu is what it's called.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 03:59:44 PM »

I know. Just making sure. Plus saying puro confuses some American fans.

Since we're on the subject of Japanese wrestling names; Joshi is better than most of the mainstream North American male wrestling.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 04:19:10 PM »

Since we're on the subject of Japanese wrestling names; Joshi is better than most of the mainstream North American male wrestling.

:grumpy:

oh god... ya all take this to the extreme. I enjoy a good match, with great psychology, but man.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 04:25:06 PM »

oh god... ya all take this to the extreme. I enjoy a good match, with great psychology, but man.

You mean we are to into wrestling, or we are overhyping Japanese wrestling?

If a) then I really don't watch too much right now. I used to be really into it and most of my knowledge comes from memory. If b) then it's a matter of taste. The style of wrestling I prefer is a lot better in Japan as a whole than it is in the WWE.

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 05:17:25 PM »
Never seen anything form Joshi, but I heard a lot of good things about that fed.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 06:15:37 PM »

You mean we are to into wrestling, or we are overhyping Japanese wrestling?

If a) then I really don't watch too much right now. I used to be really into it and most of my knowledge comes from memory. If b) then it's a matter of taste. The style of wrestling I prefer is a lot better in Japan as a whole than it is in the WWE.

I guess I mean more a) I don't think Japan is over hyped, but the trouble to get some tapes, and follow Japan is more than it's worth to me, especially when I can just turn on Smackdown on Friday nights, or set my VCR when my girl and I go out, and watch it on my time. My personal favorite wrestler was RVD though, not RVD now, because I like RVD now, but he isn't half the wrestler he was on ECW, when he and Jerry Lynn had classic match after classic match.

Also, with American finishers, true great wrestlers know how to build up to their special moves, so that it is believable that it will put you out. Like Flair would spend 20 minutes killing your leg until he even attempted the Figure 4, Hogan would slam you to hell so that a simple leg drop was more like icing on the cake rather than awhat knocked you out, Bret Hart would go the Flair route, just he'd finish you with a Sharp Shooter, and Eddie Guerreo would break down a body part until he was able to hit the frog splash. A good wrestler would make the whole match lead up to the finish. Or maybe you'd like a usual Rock vs. Austin match, about 3 Rock Bottoms until the 4th Stunner pins the Rock. Or in Wrestlemania X-7, about 20 chair shots.

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 06:53:59 PM »
My personal favorite wrestler was RVD though, not RVD now, because I like RVD now, but he isn't half the wrestler he was on ECW, when he and Jerry Lynn had classic match after classic match.

I feel ya man. Back in ECW, his matches were amazing. His last good one was his first match with Jeff Hardy during that whole Invasion failure. Since then, they dumbed his style down so cats like John Cena can keep up with him.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

westkoastanostra

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 11:46:02 PM »
i dont know if the jeff hardy one was his last good match...i think it was his matches w/ eddie guerrero his last real great ones...

bez

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 05:17:49 AM »
WOW!

I just peed a match with that Super Dragon in.  Wow what a match it was.

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 07:43:53 AM »
WOW!

peed or peeped?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 10:22:14 AM »
WOW!

peed or peeped?

It's okay, he's having flashbacks of Culkin...