Author Topic: My Official NBA Playoffs First Round Series Predictions  (Read 729 times)

rik

Re: My Official NBA Playoffs First Round Series Predictions
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 03:09:50 PM »
^^At least its not having the Lakers Beating the Clippers in the 2nd Round!!

NOW THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!

LOL...He was being more realistic than you, but to tell you the truth, I like your prediction better, because you picked your team to win it all...Don't get too happy, it doesnt mean I don't think you're dumb anymore, I just like the pride you have for your team...Lakers and Clippers in the 2nd round should be really interesting though...PeACe
I'd much rather prefer to be logical then bias.

Being logical has nothing to do with it. If the Lakers win the championship, will that be illogical? Not saying they have that shit on lock, but if you think they don't have a chance, what's the point of even watching? What's the point of being a fan and rooting? If you do think they have even so much as the slightest chance, grab that and run with it...You know what I'm saying?...PeAcE
Let me respond to each question/statement individualy.

Being logical has nothing to do with it. If the Lakers win the championship, will that be illogical?
Yes.

log·i·cal  Pronunciation  (lj-kl)
adj.

1. Of, relating to, in accordance with, or of the nature of logic.
   2. Based on earlier or otherwise known statements, events, or conditions; reasonable: Rain was a logical expectation, given the time of year.
   3. Reasoning or capable of reasoning in a clear and consistent manner.

Not saying they have that shit on lock, but if you think they don't have a chance, what's the point of even watching?
Because I like watching basketball.

What's the point of being a fan and rooting?
Because I am a Laker fan. I never said it isn't possible, (not logical dosen't mean impossible) nor did I say it was logically impossible. I said (or rather, implied) that logically they won't win it. Remeber the definition (Based on earlier or otherwise known statements, events, or conditions)  I'll root for the team till the end. Do you think the Houston Texan fans think logically their team is going to win the Super Bowl? Of course not, but they'll still root for their team hoping that they'll go as far as possible (which actually is winning the Super Bowl).

If you do think they have even so much as the slightest chance, grab that and run with it...You know what I'm saying?...PeAcE
That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. Like I said, I do beilive they have a slight chance, they're in the playoffs arn't they? Or else like you said "What's the point of being a fan and rooting?" I just don't expect them to win it all. That's asking too much of the Lakers right now.

You know what I'm saying?
Yes.

PeAcE
Peace.
LOL...I'm loving this response. You get a prop.

T-Dub

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 07:26:05 PM »
Spurs in 5
Suns in 6
Clippers in 5
Mavs in 5

Pistons in 4
Wizards in 7
Heat in 5
Nets in 7

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 04:07:23 AM »
West

Spurs beat Queens in 5

Mavs beat Grizz in 5

Nuggs beat Clipps in 6

Lakers beat suns in 7

East

Pistons sweep Bucks

Wiz beat Cavs in 6

Heat beat Bulls in 7

Nets beat pacers in 6

wcsoldier

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 06:13:37 AM »
All home court advantage teams gonna advance, outside the Suns  ;) and NBA Champ gonna be Detroit

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 12:28:48 PM »
Western Conference (Round 1):
Spurs over Kings (5 games)

Suns over Lakers (6 games)

Clippers over Nuggets (7 games)

Mavericks over Grizzlies (5 games)

Eastern Conference (Round 1):
Pistons over Bucks (4 games)

Heat over Bulls (6 games)

Nets over Pacers (6 games)

Cavs over Wizards (7 games)

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »
Western Conference (Round 1):
Spurs over Kings (5 games)

Suns over Lakers (6 games)

Clippers over Nuggets (7 games)

Mavericks over Grizzlies (5 games)

Eastern Conference (Round 1):
Pistons over Bucks (4 games)

Heat over Bulls (6 games)

Nets over Pacers (6 games)

Cavs over Wizards (7 games)

btw....for the rest of the playoffs.

West:

Round 2:

Spurs over Dallas (7 games)
Suns over Clippers (6 games)

Conf. Finals:

Spurs over Suns (6 games)

East:

Round 2:

Pistons over Cavs (5 games)
Nets over Heat (7 games)

Conf. Finals:

Pistons over Nets (6 games)

Finals:

Spurs vs Pistons

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 09:21:01 PM »

LOL...He was being more realistic than you, but to tell you the truth, I like your prediction better, because you picked your team to win it all...Don't get too happy, it doesnt mean I don't think you're dumb anymore, I just like the pride you have for your team...Lakers and Clippers in the 2nd round should be really interesting though...PeACe

Being logical has nothing to do with it. If the Lakers win the championship, will that be illogical? Not saying they have that shit on lock, but if you think they don't have a chance, what's the point of even watching? What's the point of being a fan and rooting? If you do think they have even so much as the slightest chance, grab that and run with it...You know what I'm saying?...PeAcE

Being logical has nothing to do with it. If the Lakers win the championship, will that be illogical?
Yes.

adj.

2. Based on earlier or otherwise known statements, events, or conditions; reasonable: Rain was a logical expectation, given the time of year.

Not saying they have that shit on lock, but if you think they don't have a chance, what's the point of even watching?

Because I am a Laker fan. I never said it isn't possible, (not logical dosen't mean impossible) nor did I say it was logically impossible. I said (or rather, implied) that logically they won't win it. Remeber the definition (Based on earlier or otherwise known statements, events, or conditions)  I'll root for the team till the end. Do you think the Houston Texan fans think logically their team is going to win the Super Bowl? Of course not, but they'll still root for their team hoping that they'll go as far as possible (which actually is winning the Super Bowl).

If you do think they have even so much as the slightest chance, grab that and run with it.
That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. Like I said, I do beilive they have a slight chance, they're in the playoffs arn't they? Or else like you said "What's the point of being a fan and rooting?" I just don't expect them to win it all. That's asking too much of the Lakers right now.

Yes.

PeAcE
Peace.

LOL. You miss the point...A hardcore Kings fan wouldn't proclaim that the Spurs are gunna win the championship (even though it is looking like the most likely scenerio), especially not on a public message board...Part of being a fan is rooting for your team and believing in them 100%...You think Phil Jackson or Jerry Buss would go on TV saying they think the Spurs would win it all? No...So why should we as fans? If you admit you're not a hardcore Laker fan and more of a casual basketball fan who likes the Lakers, that's a different story, but when you're a fan, your faith and pride should take over. It's what being a fan is all about...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 09:26:25 PM »
BTW...Your definition of logical is more or less "reasonable". In no way would it be unreasonable for the Lakers to win the championship. Unlikely? Maybe...Unreasonable and/or illogical? HELL NO...Maybe you should work on your terminology...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 11:38:12 PM »
Spurs vs. Kings (4)
Dallas vs. Grizzlies (5)

Suns vs. Lakers (6)
Clippers vs. Nuggets (7)

Detroit vs. Bucks (4)
Cavs vs. Wizards (6)

New Jersey vs. Pacers (7)
Miami vs. Chicago (6)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 08:14:56 AM »

Yes.

adj.

If you do think they have even so much as the slightest chance, grab that and run with it.

Yes.

PeAcE
Peace.

LOL. You miss the point...A hardcore Kings fan wouldn't proclaim that the Spurs are gunna win the championship (even though it is looking like the most likely scenerio), especially not on a public message board...Part of being a fan is rooting for your team and believing in them 100%...You think Phil Jackson or Jerry Buss would go on TV saying they think the Spurs would win it all? No...So why should we as fans? If you admit you're not a hardcore Laker fan and more of a casual basketball fan who likes the Lakers, that's a different story, but when you're a fan, your faith and pride should take over. It's what being a fan is all about...PeACe

wrong, just because youre a fan doesnt mean u cant be real. Im a HUGE Raider fan, i mean huge...but do i think theyre winning the Superbowl next year? No. Would i kill everyone on this board if it would get us a Superbowl....yes lol. But just because youre a fan doesnt mean u cant be realistic aswell. Faith and Pride shouldnt take over Logic man.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 10:42:04 AM »

Yes.

adj.

Yes.

PeAcE
Peace.

wrong, just because youre a fan doesnt mean u cant be real. Im a HUGE Raider fan, i mean huge...but do i think theyre winning the Superbowl next year? No. Would i kill everyone on this board if it would get us a Superbowl....yes lol. But just because youre a fan doesnt mean u cant be realistic aswell. Faith and Pride shouldnt take over Logic man.

Oh no...LOL. You now also missed the point. If the Raiders were in Superbowl contention, would you pick the other team to win it all? I'm not saying he has to pick the Lakers to win it all, but at least don't predict that some other team is gunna win it all when your team is still in contention. And once again, logic has nothing to do with it, I though I already cleared that up in my last post...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 08:23:52 PM »
damn TNT jus dissed out LA real bad

the question of the night was "Which LA team will advance to the conference Semi's?"

the choices: A. Clippers B. Lakers C. Neither

no both choice.  :D

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 10:24:28 PM »

Yes.

adj.

Yes.

PeAcE
Peace.

Oh no...LOL. You now also missed the point. If the Raiders were in Superbowl contention, would you pick the other team to win it all? I'm not saying he has to pick the Lakers to win it all, but at least don't predict that some other team is gunna win it all when your team is still in contention. And once again, logic has nothing to do with it, I though I already cleared that up in my last post...PeACe

But its obvious that the Lakers arent gonna be winning the title this year man...so whats your point? You can be a fan, and at the same time be realistic.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 11:05:06 AM »

Yes.

adj.

Yes.

PeAcE
Peace.

But its obvious that the Lakers arent gonna be winning the title this year man...so whats your point? You can be a fan, and at the same time be realistic.

It's not obvious to Laker fans...There's ALWAYS a chance. We want that shit, and if we don't get it, at least we can say we stuck behind our team and believed in 'em 100% while they were fighting for it...With Phil and Kobe, there's ALWAYS a chance...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 11:13:13 AM »

Yes.

adj.

Yes.

PeAcE
Peace.

It's not obvious to Laker fans...There's ALWAYS a chance. We want that shit, and if we don't get it, at least we can say we stuck behind our team and believed in 'em 100% while they were fighting for it...With Phil and Kobe, there's ALWAYS a chance...PeACe
Shit, is this argurment still going on? I stopped paying attention after NIK replied to my last post. LOL. But I'll rap it up with this. The Lakers most likely arn't going to win it all this year. But since they are in the playoffs they have a chance. But so does every other team. Playoff brackets arn't about who you want to win, it's about who you think is going to win. Even if the Lakers are stocked and one Laker fan says they'll get beaten in the semi's doesn't mean they are less of a Laker fan then some laker fan who says they will win it all. Even if those stocked Lakers have a good chance to win the semi's the fan that didn't choose for them to win it all can still be as big a Laker fan as anyone. It doesn't mean he ain't rooting for them to win.