Author Topic: Is this the best NBA trade ever?  (Read 310 times)

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
Re: Is this the best NBA trade ever?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 04:32:31 PM »
kobe 4 divac, i thought kobe was always a laker, som1 help me out on this coz i remember him winning the dunk contest in his rookie year as a laker, so when did this trade happen?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 04:37:21 PM »

Sorry Divac was SIGNIFICANTLY better than Davis, JO trade = Kobe trade

LMAO! You're an idiot, dude...^^^

They are comparable but Divac is def better, your the most biased fan I have ever seen

I am biased? LMFAO. You just said Jemraine O'Neal for Dale Davis is equal to Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac because you're a Pacers fan...LOL. You also started by saying Divac was "SIGNIFICANTLY" better than Davis, than said they were "comparable"...Straight weaksauce, son. Anyone in their right mind knows which was the more lop-sided trade, even Pacer fans would choose the Kobe trade... ::)

back in the day it was even..kobe was on the BENCH for a couple of years man
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 04:41:37 PM »
kobe 4 divac, i thought kobe was always a laker, som1 help me out on this coz i remember him winning the dunk contest in his rookie year as a laker, so when did this trade happen?

Kobe was drafted by the Hornets, but Jerry West (then the Lakers GM) saw something special in him. The Lakers traded Divac, who was a franchise favorite at the time, for Kobe Bryant. He's played his whole career as a Laker...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 04:44:10 PM »

Sorry Divac was SIGNIFICANTLY better than Davis, JO trade = Kobe trade

LMAO! You're an idiot, dude...^^^

They are comparable but Divac is def better, your the most biased fan I have ever seen

I am biased? LMFAO. You just said Jemraine O'Neal for Dale Davis is equal to Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac because you're a Pacers fan...LOL. You also started by saying Divac was "SIGNIFICANTLY" better than Davis, than said they were "comparable"...Straight weaksauce, son. Anyone in their right mind knows which was the more lop-sided trade, even Pacer fans would choose the Kobe trade... ::)

back in the day it was even..kobe was on the BENCH for a couple of years man

In that case, the Jermaine O'Neal trade was "even back in the day" too, because he also played on the bench when the trade was made...Kobe only played on the bench because he was playing minutes behind Eddie Jones, it doesn't matter either way. The trade was made because we thought Kobe had potential in him to be something special...Same with Indiana and Jermaine O'Neal. Only Kobe is a lot more special...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 06:38:50 PM »
the most lopsided trade was when Rob Babcock traded Vince Carter for Aaron Williams and Eric Williams.....what a fucked up deal that was

virtual giving VC away for NOTHING.....those bums didnt even see the court once they got to Toronto....Oh and Mourning was supposed to be part of the deal and he didnt even show up.....Babcock, that guy was an IDIOT!  So glad we got the GM of the Year Brian Colangelo now. :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:41:11 PM by SHAQ is your Daddy »

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 06:44:50 PM »
Davis was a beast on the boards and on the defensive end and he had a little post up game while Divac was mostly an offensive minded baller with a nice post up game but could pass the ball well too.I would say they are 2 different type of players sort of like a Ben wallace (Davis) and Ilgaskis (Divac) type.When its all said and done though of course Indiana and the Lakers got the better end of the deal.