Poll

With the league deciding within the next week, it's time for the final prediction... who's it goin to be?

Chauncey Billups
1 (3.7%)
Elton Brand
3 (11.1%)
Kobe Bryant
10 (37%)
LeBron James
4 (14.8%)
Steve Nash
8 (29.6%)
Dirk Nowitzki
0 (0%)
Dwyane Wade
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 06, 2006, 05:13:06 AM

Author Topic: So now who's going to get the MVP trophy this year? [NBA]  (Read 1182 times)

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
Re: So now who's going to get the MVP trophy this year? [NBA]
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 06:44:31 AM »
Kobe should... But he won't
Kobe HE'S de the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to his team...  Nobody would have put a winning record with a such a poor team as the Lakers. 

Lebron got an other all-star in Z, then he got Flip and Larry...

I know Kobe got Lamar Odom (and Smush's not bad), but who's next???  Kwame Brown???  7.8 ppg this year...

So as long as Kobe won't get it the MVP trophy goes to : Steve Nash
The Canadian Polish

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 07:50:17 AM »
*awaits nik's post on how it should be kobe but the nba hates him and wants to slowly destroy him and rape his wife*

Ummm...No. LOL. Kobe should get it though, and Kobe is a hated player by the league/media. Is that supposed to be a secret or something? Nash is most likely gunna get it...PeACe

How is he hated by the NBA and the media, the media still loves him.  Artest, thats hated.  Kobe thats love.  Not Ginobli love but kobes loved

LMAO? Loved...Have you ever heard of a superstar on Kobe's caliber getting booed in almost every road game as soon as he touches the ball? You either are smoking crack or simply don't know what the fuck you're saying. Well, either you way you don't know, cause that statement was as ignorant as it can get...

yeah he does get boo'd alot on road games. people really cant stand his attitude.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 07:52:15 AM »
*awaits nik's post on how it should be kobe but the nba hates him and wants to slowly destroy him and rape his wife*

Ummm...No. LOL. Kobe should get it though, and Kobe is a hated player by the league/media. Is that supposed to be a secret or something? Nash is most likely gunna get it...PeACe

How is he hated by the NBA and the media, the media still loves him.  Artest, thats hated.  Kobe thats love.  Not Ginobli love but kobes loved

LMAO? Loved...Have you ever heard of a superstar on Kobe's caliber getting booed in almost every road game as soon as he touches the ball? You either are smoking crack or simply don't know what the fuck you're saying. Well, either you way you don't know, cause that statement was as ignorant as it can get...

yeah he does get boo'd alot on road games. people really cant stand his attitude.

oh btw, the fans boo'ing u wont keep u from getting an MVP trophy lol. But I think Nash will take it again this year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 09:59:42 AM »

fans booing is different then the media and NBA hating him.  Maybe fans hate him, but the NBA and the media dont, they love him.  Fans thats another story.  The media has a hard on for him

OMG, are you serious? LOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!. LeBron is the one the media dickrides...ESPN hates on Kobe so much that Laker fans have renamed it to BSPN. The league hates Kobe, man, wtf? There's even commercials about it...You're hilarious, LMAO@"they love him"...The league/media has made Kobe out to be an antagonist, while LeBron, Wade, and all them are the protaganists...Anyone who watches basketball should know this... ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 10:04:24 AM »

His attitude? What attitude? Kobe is Kobe, there's nothing wrong with what he does...People have built a disrespect for Kobe, which stemmed from the false rape accusations, and carried on after the trial was dropped. Now, he's simply looked at as a "bad guy" so to speak...If only the media dickrode him half as hard as they dickride LeBron...Shit is very blatant...PeACe

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 10:14:31 AM »
Kobe does get hated on by many opposing fans but i think that theyre most likely just jealous that kobe has most liley so much more skill that their own star players. he cant be one of the most hated on players as he has the 4th best selling jersey(i think).

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 10:15:44 AM »
he cant be one of the most hated on players as he has the 4th best selling jersey(i think).

LOL. It's called Los Angeles, buddy. The most populated city in America...PeACe

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 10:23:34 AM »
he cant be one of the most hated on players as he has the 4th best selling jersey(i think).

true. but im up in canada and i got quite a few friends who r kobe fans and i know some ppl all across the us and canada and like kobe too. it could just be that i got friends who have the same interest as me and appreciate kobes game but i just dont see the amount of kobe hating that some of yall r suggesting.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 11:49:58 AM »
My pick is definitely Kobe, even though I've heard it's been rumored that it's Nash...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 01:43:31 PM »

true. but im up in canada and i got quite a few friends who r kobe fans and i know some ppl all across the us and canada and like kobe too. it could just be that i got friends who have the same interest as me and appreciate kobes game but i just dont see the amount of kobe hating that some of yall r suggesting.

Of course Kobe has fans too, look at how good he is. That doesn't mean he doesn't have more haters than any other superstar in the league or it doesn't mean that he hasn't been the most hated out of the few players throughout history who've been on his caliber...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 01:47:13 PM »
I say, give it to the player that makes it to the 2nd round.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2006, 11:15:35 AM »
This year, Bryant put the `V' in MVP

Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA.

Bryant has elevated his game to another level this season, quite literally carrying the Lakers into the playoffs. Without Bryant, the Lakers right now would be considering whether they should draft Adam Morrison or Rudy Gay.

Instead the Lakers are wondering whether they match up better with the Suns or the Nuggets in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs.

With that in mind, Kobe Bryant should also be the easy choice as the league's Most Valuable Player.

In all likelihood, however, he will not earn the award this season.

What should be an open-and-shut case, is instead considered a wide-open race.

So why won't Kobe be the choice? Well, probably because we media types - who vote for this award - like to overthink the word "valuable," thereby missing the implication of simply picking the most outstanding.

Since it's a lot easier to focus on Bryant's on-court positives (35 ppg, an unexpected playoff berth, a Bonds-esque respect from opponents during crunch time, that 81-point game), maybe it's best to focus on the supposed negatives against the "Bryant in 2006" campaign.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2006, 11:17:09 AM »
Kobe is my MVP

April 23, 2006

OK, I admit I hated having to do it. I did not want to vote for Kobe Bryant for MVP. Something about his self-absorbed behavior during the past two years made my hand cramp up every time I went to check the box next to his name.

Yet, when an overwhelming amount of respondents to our Newsday.com poll said Bryant should get the vote - he received 50.6 percent of the vote compared with second-place Steve Nash's 38.1 percent - I had to give it a good hard look.

PC Richard & Sons
As much I don't like admitting it, Bryant deserves the award for two reasons: He is the best player in the league and he is the only reason his team is in the postseason.

Bryant's 81-point game stands as the biggest individual story of the season. What's more, Bryant came up big on a nightly basis, becoming the first player since Michael Jordan in 1988 to average more than 35 points. Finally, it's hard to understate Bryant's value to his team. He may not make everyone better a la Nash, but the Lakers would be looking a lot like the Knicks without him.

Here's a look at the other award winners:

Coach of the Year: This is also a crowded field with Avery Johnson, Flip Saunders, Mike D'Antoni and even Byron Scott deserving consideration. Insider's man, however, is Mike Dunleavy for one simple reason: He coaches the Clippers. Anyone who can get the Clippers to believe they are good enough to be a playoff team deserves the top award.

Rookie of the Year: The Hornets' Chris Paul will be a near unanimous choice.

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2006, 06:15:17 PM »
wow...all u dick ryding kobe fans were rong obut the mvp winenr this year..geuss its gonna be the canadian AGAIN well theres always nex year

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2006, 06:16:58 PM »
wow...all u dick ryding kobe fans were rong obut the mvp winenr this year..geuss its gonna be the canadian AGAIN well theres always nex year

Too bad your "MVP" is gunna get bounced in the first round...What a disgrace. :-X