Author Topic: Reggie Bush Cover athlete for NCAA Football 2007 (info and pics)  (Read 107 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
 Some celebrities can walk in a room, and the average fan wouldn't even bother turning their head. But when Reggie Bush walked into the Madden Bowl Super Bowl weekend, not only did a party full of celebrities, legends and MVPs take notice, they were doing their best not to crowd the poor guy. Cameras flashed in every direction while people literally lined up to shake the hand of the most electrifying football player to come out of college since Michael Vick.

Reggie Bush owned the room.

And it's not like the kid went out of his way to seek attention. All he did was walk into a party and people everywhere dropped everything...controllers, drinks, groupies, just to give him a pound.

The man's a superstar before ever stepping foot on an NFL field, and because of his obvious celebrity (not to mention a little thing called the Heisman), Reggie Bush has signed on with EA Sports to be on the cover of NCAA Football 07.

When I talked to Bush at the Madden Bowl, I could tell he was a real gamer. "Back in the day, I used to play Tecmo Bowl, Super High Impact, Super Mario Bros., and Sonic The Hedgehog."

But football was always his first love.

"I'd play as Walter Payton and Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. Those were my guys," Bush said with a grin as he remembered the glory days of gaming. "When I was a kid, I wanted to be like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. He was so fast, once he got past the line no one could catch him. That's who I wanted to be. That's who I wanted to play like in real life."

And now this year, not only is Bush staring on the cover of NCAA Football 07, but he will finally get his own character in Madden.

"It's crazy to think that there could be some kid playing as me in Madden. I just hope they get my speed right. In Madden, if you're not fast, nobody wants to play as you."

Judging by those 40 times, I don't think he has to worry.

"Playing games my whole life, and now being featured in videogames, it's a neat experience. I'm enjoying it all."

And somewhere out there, a kid will play as the Reggie Bush character this year, and wish he could be that fast in real life.

And the next Reggie Bush will be born.

Until then, the USC back continues to own the room…and the cover of NCAA Football 07.
-From IGN.com

heres some pics

Madden Bowl

Cover

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

GangstaBoogy

Re: Reggie Bush Cover athlete for NCAA Football 2007 (info and pics)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:31:25 AM »
6 1 9  ;D
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 07:31:48 AM »
good pic. i was actually thinking that they would go with Brady quinn or adrian peterson(who looks to maybe even be better than bush) since theyre going to be playin next yr.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 11:40:23 AM »
good pic. i was actually thinking that they would go with Brady quinn or adrian peterson(who looks to maybe even be better than bush) since theyre going to be playin next yr.

They can't put a returning player on the cover due to having to pay them.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:50:32 AM »

I thought NCAA players weren't allowed to get paid for anything.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 06:27:45 PM »

I thought NCAA players weren't allowed to get paid for anything.

They can't.  Paying college players anything...from a house, to a car, to a damn slurpee...is a big no no.

Look at all this crap with Reggie Bush.  Supposedly his parents didn't pay rent on this house and the agency paid their way to away games.

Another example would be that Adrian Peterson (the running back from OU) is in some kind of heat for "test-driving" a Lexus for a whole semester.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:45:22 PM »
"I'd play as Walter Payton and Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. Those were my guys," Bush said with a grin as he remembered the glory days of gaming. "When I was a kid, I wanted to be like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. He was so fast, once he got past the line no one could catch him. That's who I wanted to be. That's who I wanted to play like in real life."

And now this year, not only is Bush staring on the cover of NCAA Football 07, but he will finally get his own character in Madden.

"It's crazy to think that there could be some kid playing as me in Madden. I just hope they get my speed right. In Madden, if you're not fast, nobody wants to play as you."

Aww cuzz......I swear Bo Jackson on Super Tecmo Bowl was the most amazing creature to ever grace a video game...fuck Sonic, Mario, Lara Croft, or anybody else. I used to average 15-20 yards a rush with him on there!!

Thinkin about that....I created Reggie on Madden 06 and almost made him perfect, and yeah he was dope, but Bo Jack on Tecmo did things that were a lot closer to his style than what you can do with Madden. Lateral running at Reggie's speed is not possible on Madden, and the moves on there just aren't as quick as Bo was on Tecmo. Hopefully, they will realize that to make it realistic, they will have to make it possible for him to run just like he did against Oregon on the game, even though the defenses in the NFL won't be nearly as sorry as Oregon's D.