Author Topic: Dr. Dre wants to buy Death Row?  (Read 1520 times)

Mr. RuthlessG

Re: Dr. Dre wants to buy Death Row?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 12:14:03 PM »
He would never buy Death Row.

Like a previous poster said Dr. Dre would just buy the masters to Chronic and all his unreleased music back.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 01:04:05 PM by Mr. RuthlessG »

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 01:57:23 PM »
Even though wikipedia is a well known source, it is not exactly accurate. Almost all articles on the site are typed up and submitted by random users on the net. Notice how you can edit almost any article? Most likely someone thought they heard something somewhere about dre buying death row and thought it would be cool to type up.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 06:12:26 PM »
I don't understand why Dre wouldn't want his catalogue...If I was a rapper I know I would like to own the music I made

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 08:08:44 PM »
That Would Be DOPE if they worked it out

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 04:49:02 PM »
Let's just say that somebody does buy the whole catalog and owns Dre's songs, both released and unreleased.  Can that person then release the unreleased songs, or is that court ruling that Dre received in effect for whoever owns the music?  I figured the court ruling would only prevent Suge from releasing any new material from Dre.

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 10:25:18 PM »
Somebody mentioned Dre buying it and releasing some unreleased stuff.  In case you didn't notice, Dre doesn't think a beat's worth hearing if it's more than a month or so old.  The motherfucker don't even do concerts hardly or put out greatest hits albums.  There will never be an old dre production released if he has anything to do with it.  We're lucky we've heard a few unreleased beats from years ago from people like the DOC who basically just strongarmed Dre as friends into letting them use some old beats.  He's probably got 1000 beats he never let anybody hear.

Anybody remember that story where Dre said that Suge and his boys showed up at Dre's mansion with baseball bats and said they were there for the masters, and Dre just told them to take 'em and leave?

mauzip

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 11:16:57 PM »

Anybody remember that story where Dre said that Suge and his boys showed up at Dre's mansion with baseball bats and said they were there for the masters, and Dre just told them to take 'em and leave?

I haven't, but I'd like to read it though. Do you have a link?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 12:11:38 AM »
dre said in an interview in BLAZE magazine..that he wanted to buy or help death row records because he didnt want to see something fail and die that he created.  the interview was done around 2000

no holmes I believe that quote came from snoops mouth and was something along the lines of ..." me and dre had spoken about looking into helping deathrow get back on there feet because theyd hate to see something I helped build fall but suges always so negative..."
not word for word but im sure that sums it up...Id like to believe its true but you know snoops liable to say all kinds of shit if hes smoking during the interview....

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2006, 05:33:51 AM »

I haven't, but I'd like to read it though. Do you have a link?

No... I don't even remember where it's from, but it might be that source from when he had just left DeathRow.  Somebody will know what I'm talking about.  Dre said Suge showed up when all that was going down with a bunch of punks and told Dre "We're here for the masters" and Dre just gave all of them to them.  He was bragging about it, something about how he'd just make more and didn't care about the old shit.