Author Topic: Anyone know a good HTML Editor?  (Read 91 times)

Suga Foot

Anyone know a good HTML Editor?
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:46:15 PM »
I'm using frontpage 2002 but it's kinda screwy.  And the openoffice one sucks.  So can someone tell me what a good one is?

BizzyR.I.P.

Re: Anyone know a good HTML Editor?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 08:54:36 PM »
I used DreamWeaver, but it wasn't that good. Someone in my class was using Frontpage and he said it was way better than DreamWeaver.

Diabolical

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 09:51:10 PM »
I just use notepad...

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 09:55:07 PM »

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »
I used DreamWeaver, but it wasn't that good. Someone in my class was using Frontpage and he said it was way better than DreamWeaver.
Dreamweavers waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better....i use it primarily in my Web Development course

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 03:31:56 AM »
DON'T use an editor. Only use notepad (or something like EditPad, that notices mistakes but isn't really an HTML editor). That is the ONLY way you can make truly valid markup and make sure the code is as simple and robust as it can be. Editors always fluff it up by adding things that aren't needed, often resulting in mistakes. They might not be visible mistakes, but they're there, consuming bandwidth.

The only thing I'd use an editor for are tables - if you need to do those, then Dreamweaver is cool. But nothing else but tables.

Notepad man, Notepad.

And don't you make none of that bullshit HTML 4.01 anymore, that is some old shit. XHTML 1.0 + CSS is the way to go. Standards, bitches.