Author Topic: It's official now...Steve Nash is the NBA's 2006 MVP  (Read 2269 times)

eNgIeS

Re: It's official now...Steve Nash is the NBA's 2006 MVP
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2006, 12:28:28 AM »
Who cares if Steven A Smith or Chuck Barkley dont like Kobe....Kobe wasnt even close.....Read the order again it went 1. Nash, 2. LeBron, & 3. Dirk so Kobe got some charity votes basically but he wasnt even close to winning.

That's why people are claiming it's ridiculous...He got 22 first place votes (the second most) and only 11 second place votes (the least). 23 voters didn't even put him on their ballot in the top 5! That's why people say the MVP award is a joke nowadays, Kobe put forth the most spectacular season since Jordan in '86-'87...MVP does not equal Steve Nash. Ask the players...PeACe

wahhhh wahhhh stop crying. You still havent responded to what i said so read above. Nash is the MVP because he made his team better & without him his team wouldnt be in the playoffs. Same could be said for Kobe but Kobe wasnt a team player most of the season & his team squeezed into the playoffs they didnt finish 2nd in teh west like Nash did to Phoenix

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »
Who cares if Steven A Smith or Chuck Barkley dont like Kobe....Kobe wasnt even close.....Read the order again it went 1. Nash, 2. LeBron, & 3. Dirk so Kobe got some charity votes basically but he wasnt even close to winning.

That's why people are claiming it's ridiculous...He got 22 first place votes (the second most) and only 11 second place votes (the least). 23 voters didn't even put him on their ballot in the top 5! That's why people say the MVP award is a joke nowadays, Kobe put forth the most spectacular season since Jordan in '86-'87...MVP does not equal Steve Nash. Ask the players...PeACe

wahhhh wahhhh stop crying. You still havent responded to what i said so read above. Nash is the MVP because he made his team better & without him his team wouldnt be in the playoffs. Same could be said for Kobe but Kobe wasnt a team player most of the season & his team squeezed into the playoffs they didnt finish 2nd in teh west like Nash did to Phoenix

Are you fuckin' kidding me? You have no argument. Kobe doesn't have a supporting cast like Nash. Hell, people were giving Shawn Marion votes for MVP. You have no clue what you're talking about, Nash playing with these Lakers instead of Kobe would easily be the worst team in the league... 10 years down the line, what do you think people will remember. Steve Nash? Or Kobe averaging 35 a game, hitting 81, 62 in 3 quarters. Hell, even the development of Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom, and Luke Walton should be credited to Kobe...A lot of journalist simply didn't wanna see Kobe win it, no matter how amazing and remarkable his season was. Those journalists made sure he wouldn't win by not even placing him on their ballot (can you honestly tell me that's not a joke)...Why do you think he got so many first place votes and barely any votes in 2nd place? It's laughable, and Nash has helped expose this award as a joke...Back-2-Back MVP? That puts him in a class with Magic, Jordan, Bird, Wilt, etc...ANYONE will tell you Steve Nash should not be mentioned anywhere near those names...Like I said, the MVP award has become a popularity contest, and it's just sad to see...PeACe

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
Nash playing with these Lakers instead of Kobe would easily be the worst team in the league...

Like I said yesterday, imo KObe Bryant is this year MVP...

But you must be joking man, if Steve Nash was a Lakers with the current team they got (without Kobe) they would had make the playoffs and probly in a better seed than 7.

The Suns are as bad as the Lakers if you look at this year roster...

Steve Nash                                             
Raja Bell                                                 
Shawn Marion                                       
Tim Thomas/James Jones                         
Boris Diaw 

This line-up is strickly garbage...  They finished second in the West wihtout Amare (who is consider as one of the top 3 PF in the L).
There a better team because of Nash no doubt about it, he makes everything happen on the floor.  Marion is a real good player but he is comparable to Odom.  Your always the first to say that Kwame is not garbage, so to you Kwame is a good PF/C...  Except for Marion (who is undersize) I don't see no good PF/C in the actual Suns roster. 

Oh i forgot how good was Tim Thomas, James Jones and Raja Bell  ::)

If Steve Nash was a Lakers, Odom would be an All-Star, Luke Walton would be a dangerous spot-up 3 points shooter and Kwame Brown would be this year MIP...

If Kobe was a Suns, he would had scored an 81 points game, Shawn Marion would have had an up and down season and Tim Thomas wouldn't had got no shine (just like Jim Jackson did).

Oh... And the Lakers would be playing in the second round tomorow night

Stop living in your dreams...  And give Steve Nash his due...
Before him, the Suns suck hard... And since is there, they are contenders... Serious contenders
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 10:45:33 AM by CanadActive »
The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2006, 10:54:29 AM »
Nash playing with these Lakers instead of Kobe would easily be the worst team in the league...

Like I said yesterday, imo KObe Bryant is this year MVP...

But you must be joking man, if Steve Nash was a Lakers with the current team they got (without Kobe) they would had make the playoffs and probly in a better seed than 7.

The Suns are as bad as the Lakers if you look at this year roster...

Steve Nash                                             
Raja Bell                                                 
Shawn Marion                                       
Tim Thomas/James Jones                         
Boris Diaw 

This line-up is strickly garbage...  They finished second in the West wihtout Amare (who is consider as one of the top 3 PF in the L).
There a better team because of Nash no doubt about it, he makes everything happen on the floor.  Marion is a real good player but he is comparable to Odom.  Your always the first to say that Kwame is not garbage, so to you Kwame is a good PF/C...  Except for Marion (who is undersize) I don't see no good PF/C in the actual Suns roster. 

Oh i forgot how good was Tim Thomas, James Jones and Raja Bell  ::)

If Steve Nash was a Lakers, Odom would be an All-Star, Luke Walton would be a dangerous spot-up 3 points shooter and Kwame Brown would be this year MIP...

If Kobe was a Suns, he would had scored an 81 points game, Shawn Marion would have had an up and down season and Tim Thomas wouldn't had got no shine (just like Jim Jackson did).

Oh... And the Lakers would be playing in the second round tomorow night

Stop living in your dreams...  And give Steve Nash his due...
Before him, the Suns suck hard... And since is there, they are contenders... Serious contenders

LMFAO!!! I'm sorry, but you have no basketball knowledge whatsoever. You are hilarious, Steve Nash would be fuckin' lost as hell in the triangle, the only success that team has is because the system they're running...The line-up you posted is FAR from garbage, the Suns have confident players, experienced players, and a lot of upside...Luke Walton would be a dangerous spot up 3 point shooter? LMFAOOOOOOOOO!!! Sorry man, but are you sure you're not watching hockey? Nash wouldn't be doing shit with these Lakers, they'd easily be the worst team in the league, look at what he did in Dallas with GREAT players besides him. JACK SHIT. The Suns have turned around ever since Mike D'Antonio came and implamented the run-n-gun pick & roll offense, not because of Nash...LOL. Like I said, Marion was getting MVP nominations this year...Odom wasn't even getting all-star considerations...You have no clue what you're talking about, and it's hard to argue with someone that claims the Lakers would be in a better position this year had Nash taken over for Kobe...That is the definition of ludicrous...PeACe

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2006, 11:58:06 AM »
Steve Nash was an All-Star when he was in Dallas...

He cannot score as much as Kobe, he cannot defend as good as Kobe...  But the only things he could do better then Kobe is make other players better and take better desicions with the ball in his hands. 

You gotta point by saying Nash wouldn't be as effective as he is right now if he was running the triangle...  But think about it, now after 2 MVP award and 2 very good seasons (wins/loss) who is the dumb coach who wouldn't allow Nash to run the floor and take early shots???? Certainly not Phil Jackson. 

He's, with Jason Kidd and Chris Paul, the only player in the league right now who can actually turn a bad team (roster wise) into a good team.  The Lakers are actually a so so team...  He can fit right in imo.

The Suns are 2-8 without Nash since he return to Phoenix...  This isn't just the systeme, he's an awsome player that would make any team in the leaugue better than they are right now (except for the Spurs and Piston who already got the best team they can).

On the opposite, Kobe would be lost in the run and gun systeme like the Suns cause he got a big tendancy to take bad shots...  Imagine if he's allowed to!!!!!!!

You should just sit back for a while and re-think your way of idolizing the Lakers and hating on all the rest of the League...  Kobe is the most dominant player (individually) in the league (by far), but he couldn't do half of the things Nash do with a team like the Suns (without Amare of course), he would still put up very big numbers...  But they will never ever finished 2nd in the West like they did this year...

OPEN YOUR EYES AND STOP BEING SUCH A BITCH WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR SORRY ASS LAKERS!!!!!!!

The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2006, 12:32:06 PM »
Steve Nash was an All-Star when he was in Dallas...

He cannot score as much as Kobe, he cannot defend as good as Kobe...  But the only things he could do better then Kobe is make other players better and take better desicions with the ball in his hands. 

You gotta point by saying Nash wouldn't be as effective as he is right now if he was running the triangle...  But think about it, now after 2 MVP award and 2 very good seasons (wins/loss) who is the dumb coach who wouldn't allow Nash to run the floor and take early shots???? Certainly not Phil Jackson. 

He's, with Jason Kidd and Chris Paul, the only player in the league right now who can actually turn a bad team (roster wise) into a good team.  The Lakers are actually a so so team...  He can fit right in imo.

The Suns are 2-8 without Nash since he return to Phoenix...  This isn't just the systeme, he's an awsome player that would make any team in the leaugue better than they are right now (except for the Spurs and Piston who already got the best team they can).

On the opposite, Kobe would be lost in the run and gun systeme like the Suns cause he got a big tendancy to take bad shots...  Imagine if he's allowed to!!!!!!!

You should just sit back for a while and re-think your way of idolizing the Lakers and hating on all the rest of the League...  Kobe is the most dominant player (individually) in the league (by far), but he couldn't do half of the things Nash do with a team like the Suns (without Amare of course), he would still put up very big numbers...  But they will never ever finished 2nd in the West like they did this year...

OPEN YOUR EYES AND STOP BEING SUCH A BITCH WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR SORRY ASS LAKERS!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but you're just way out of line man...It's hard to argue sense into someone who actually thinks the Lakers would be better with Nash instead of Kobe. Nash was an all-star in Dallas, but he wasn't even the most valuable player of his team...Look at how Dallas is better without Nash. Do you think that can ever happen with Kobe? Nash is in a perfect system, a system which Luke Ridnour would flourish in and have success in. Marion, Barbosa, Thomas, Diaw, Bell, Jones, etc. hitting their open shots in the open court is a key to the success in their system. Lakers don't have players like that who can stretch the court and hit open shots on command. Lakers are a half-court team, which is why to claim that Nash on the Lakers instead of Kobe would be better is beyond ludicrous. Phil Jackson would never allow a system like they run in Phoenix to fly with his team. It is an amature system which will ALWAYS fail in the playoffs. Phil is WAY above that...That also brings me to the fact that you have no basketball knowledge. So by me sitting here and debating with you, I'm really not getting anything accomplished...But I'll keep doing it, in hopes that maybe you'll learn something. Nash is the only player (along with Jason Kidd and Chris Paul) who can turn a bad roster into a good team? LMAO. Dude, look at the Lakers minus Kobe. They're worse than the Hawks, are you insane? I've seen people defend Nash, but come on now, this is TOO MUCH. Kobe and Marion would be an elite combo, and would definitely make noise in the west...You are confusing the system the Suns run for an actual player (Steve Nash)...It's not gunna work that way, you have no valid points...PeACe

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »
It is an amature system which will ALWAYS fail in the playoffs. Phil is WAY above that...

Sorry to remind you that this year Phil's wasn't way above that...

Kobe and Marion would be an elite combo, and would definitely make noise in the west...

Did you just wrote Kobe and combo in the same sentence???

The only duo Kobe can be a part of, is Shaq and Kobe cause back then Shaq was more dominant then Kobe...  Now that Kobe is the more dominant player in the game there's no way he can be part of a combo...

Now look :

Shawn Marion first round stats
PPG : 18.1
RPG : 9.4
APG : 1.7

Lamar Odom first round stats
PPG : 19.1
RPG : 11.1
APG : 4.9

Kobe Bryant an explosive duo with Marion ????
He ain't even an explosive dou with Odom who put up better stats than Marion during the Playoffs...
The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »
Sorry to remind you that this year Phil's wasn't way above that...

Yes...He was. You just don't understand strategy in basketball, so you wouldn't see it. Phil knew how to stop the Suns, in fact, he did. Phil's strategy was great, his players just couldn't follow through for 7 games...D'Antonio was outcoached, he was just lucky he got to face such an inexperienced team.

Did you just wrote Kobe and combo in the same sentence???

The only duo Kobe can be a part of, is Shaq and Kobe cause back then Shaq was more dominant then Kobe...  Now that Kobe is the more dominant player in the game there's no way he can be part of a combo...

Now look :

Shawn Marion first round stats
PPG : 18.1
RPG : 9.4
APG : 1.7

Lamar Odom first round stats
PPG : 19.1
RPG : 11.1
APG : 4.9

Kobe Bryant an explosive duo with Marion ????
He ain't even an explosive dou with Odom who put up better stats than Marion during the Playoffs...

Horrible comparison...Marion was consistant all season long and had a WAYYYYYYY better season than Odom. Odom was inconsistant for the majority of the season and only came into his own at the end and in the playoffs...Marion, on the other hand, was considered an MVP candidate by some. On top of that, Kobe and Odom WERE a dynamic duo when they played together at full potential (see games 2, 3, 4)...LMAO@there's no way Kobe can be part of a combo...You are just too much man. :-X

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2006, 01:41:33 PM »
im not a big Nash fan, but i cant really argue the decision. The guy is a great leader on the floor. I think these things usually tend to sway in the favor of players who are great "leaders". Not necessarily the most physically talented. I like Dirks game, but i wouldnt have put him above Kobe. Lebron and Kobe i have even for the year really.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2006, 01:56:04 PM »
^^ off-topic, but necessary:  Duncan & Ginobili = posterchildren of NBA authorities
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2006, 02:01:30 PM »
First thing first : a combo isn't a combination of a team 2 leading scorers...  At least a great combo isn't that.

A great combo (imo), is 2 players playing well with each other and helping a team win games... Wich Kobe and Lamar didn't do (except for game 2, 3, 4).

LMAO@there's no way Kobe can be part of a combo...You are just too much man.

So my point is, if during an 82 games season, Kobe and Lamar play only 20-25 games well with each other they ain't a good combo...  
That's what bring me to my other point...  Kobe an Marion would be the exact same type of "combo" that Odom and Kobe are.  

Once again :
Season stats
Shawn Marion
PPG : 21.8
RPG : 11.8
APG : 1.8

Lamar Odom
PPG : 14.8
RPG : 9.2
APG : 5.5

Those players are nearly the same...  Tall guard, with a lot of skills, great shooting (a lil bit better for Marion), great rebounding abilities and a good court vision (a lil bit better for Odom).  The only reason Marion got more PPG, is the fact that he got a lot more touches and the fact that he ain't playing with a 34PPG player.

So now why Nash/Marion are consider a better combo, cause Steve Nash make Marion better and vice-versa...
And why Marion get MVP recgognition and not Odom cause Odom play with Kobe...
Before Nash arrived in Pheonix Marion was not a better Player then Lamar...

D'Antonio was outcoached, he was just lucky he got to face such an inexperienced team.

Phil Jackson did a really great job... But D'Antoni made some adjustements and Phil keep his ass sit on the beach in the 3 last game...
The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »
First thing first : a combo isn't a combination of a team 2 leading scorers...  At least a great combo isn't that.

A great combo (imo), is 2 players playing well with each other and helping a team win games... Wich Kobe and Lamar didn't do (except for game 2, 3, 4).

LMAO@there's no way Kobe can be part of a combo...You are just too much man.

So my point is, if during an 82 games season, Kobe and Lamar play only 20-25 games well with each other they ain't a good combo...  
That's what bring me to my other point...  Kobe an Marion would be the exact same type of "combo" that Odom and Kobe are.  

Once again :
Season stats
Shawn Marion
PPG : 21.8
RPG : 11.8
APG : 1.8

Lamar Odom
PPG : 14.8
RPG : 9.2
APG : 5.5

Those players are nearly the same...  Tall guard, with a lot of skills, great shooting (a lil bit better for Marion), great rebounding abilities and a good court vision (a lil bit better for Odom).  The only reason Marion got more PPG, is the fact that he got a lot more touches and the fact that he ain't playing with a 34PPG player.

So now why Nash/Marion are consider a better combo, cause Steve Nash make Marion better and vice-versa...
And why Marion get MVP recgognition and not Odom cause Odom play with Kobe...
Before Nash arrived in Pheonix Marion was not a better Player then Lamar...

D'Antonio was outcoached, he was just lucky he got to face such an inexperienced team.

Phil Jackson did a really great job... But D'Antoni made some adjustements and Phil keep his ass sit on the beach in the 3 last game...

LMAO!!! What are you even saying man? Lamar wasn't aggressive offensivley because he's inconsistant, he's been that way practically his whole career, he underachieves...Has nothing to do with Kobe, the whole coaching staff was trying to get Odom to be more aggressive and take the lead more...He finally did in the final 20 games or so, and he and Kobe proved they can be an EXCELLENT combo...As for "before Nash arrived in Pheonix Marion was not a better player then Lamar"...LMFAO!!!!

Marion '02-'03:
21.2 PPG (45% FG 39% 3FG 85% FT)
9.5 RPG
2.4 APG
2.28 SPG
1.17 BPG
1.94 TO

Odom '02-'03:
14.6 PPG (44% FG, 32% 3FG, 77% FT)
6.7 RPG
3.6 APG
.86 SPG
.84 BPG
2.86 TO

You see that shit? It ain't Superman, it's your "Nash is making everyone better and Kobe is making everyone worse" theory flyin' out the window...Dude, honestly, do you even watch basketball? :-[

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2006, 04:22:50 PM »
Marion '02-'03:
9.5 RPG
2.4 APG
2.28 SPG
1.17 BPG
1.94 TO

Odom '02-'03:
6.7 RPG
3.6 APG
.86 SPG
.84 BPG
2.86 TO

Btw Nash arrived in Pheonix in 04-05...

Again

Marion 03-04
19.0 PPG
9.3 RPG
2.7 APG
2.1 SPG
1.3 BPG
1.9 TO

Odom 03-04 (Heat)
17.1 PPG
9.7 RPG
4.1 APG
1.6 SPG
0.9 BPG
2.9 TO

Pretty much the same what do you think  ;D

Do yo follow basket ball at all????????????
The Canadian Polish

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2006, 04:24:34 PM »
^^ off-topic, but necessary:  Duncan & Ginobili = posterchildren of NBA authorities

I gotta agree

But the Spurs are a lot more then a combo...
The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2006, 04:45:50 PM »
Marion '02-'03:
9.5 RPG
2.4 APG
2.28 SPG
1.17 BPG
1.94 TO

Odom '02-'03:
6.7 RPG
3.6 APG
.86 SPG
.84 BPG
2.86 TO

Btw Nash arrived in Pheonix in 04-05...

Again

Marion 03-04
19.0 PPG
9.3 RPG
2.7 APG
2.1 SPG
1.3 BPG
1.9 TO

Odom 03-04 (Heat)
17.1 PPG
9.7 RPG
4.1 APG
1.6 SPG
0.9 BPG
2.9 TO

Pretty much the same what do you think  ;D

Do yo follow basket ball at all????????????

I'm sorry, but you were implying that Marion got MVP considerations because of Nash, when I just proved that Marion was just as good before Nash arrived. Odom played far better than he ever did alongside Kobe in the 2nd half of this season...Yes, I follow basketball, but obviously you don't...PeACe