Author Topic: THE 2005-06 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM!!!...~6 Players made it this year~  (Read 534 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Man..

1999-00: All-Defensive 1st Team
2001-02: All-Defensive 2nd Team
2002-03: All-Defensive 1st Team
2003-04: All-Defensive 1st Team
2005-06: All-Defensive 1st Team

He already proved he's a great defender to me. Obviously he can't defend against big men lol. What's your argument? Ben Wallace can't defend Kobe, lol. And Artest can't defend Amare Stoudamire. So?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bowen can defend Dirk pretty well, Artest is a steal machine also, Ben and AK47 are block machines n shit. My argument is that Kobe is not up there with Bowen, Ben, Artest on the defensive end.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
^^^Agreed.  I don't think Kobe would do as good a job on a big player as Bowen or Artest are capable of.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bowen can defend Dirk pretty well, Artest is a steal machine also, Ben and AK47 are block machines n shit. My argument is that Kobe is not up there with Bowen, Ben, Artest on the defensive end.

I feel you. But you have to consider the fact that Kobe is an offensive player too. He's a 35 ppg player too. He spends a lot of his energy on the offensive end, and he plays more than 40 minutes per game. You can't be perfect on both sides of the floor. Bowen, Artest and Wallace are great defenders, but they care about defence more than they do about offence. Sometimes they have games with less than 10 points or less than 4-5 shots. In other words yes, they are better defenders than Kobe, but that's partly because they could care about defence more than Kobe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

To me, what Kobe does on defense is way more impressive than anything a Bruce Bowen or a Ruben Patterson does, because he expends way more energy on offense, and comes back and plays great defense on the other end...How many players can you name who are capable of doing that? Kobe gets a lot of steal, man, he can't defend bigs, but I wouldn't even consider Dirk a real big...I bet Kobe could easily guard Dirk, he's just never been assigned that task, he plays a completely different position. Bruce Bowen is a small forward, and Dirk plays small forward a lot, so what you're comparing doesn't really make much sense anyways...PeACe

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
Why didn't Gerald Wallace get picked at least for the 2nd team, he had 2.5 steals AND 2.1 blocks, there was only a select few in the history of the NBA that did that, oh yeah and in regards to NIK, Wade is a pretty damn good defender who is equally as good on the offensive side, i mean he doesn't score 35  a night but that's because he doesn't have the 3 in his repetoir, actually he did get 2nd team last year

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
D.Wade allowed 5 guards to get career highs against him! :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Wade is a pretty damn good defender who is equally as good on the offensive side, i mean he doesn't score 35  a night but that's because he doesn't have the 3 in his repetoir, actually he did get 2nd team last year

LOLLL...Are you kidding me? Dwyane Wade is one of the worst defenders at his position. At least if you said LeBron James, cuz his defense is improving, but Dwyane Wade?! As for Gerald Wallace, I was also surprised he didn't make the second team...But, there were other qualified defenders at his position, like Tayshaun Prince...But yea, he's a great defender...PeACe

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kobe Kobe Kobe!!!!!!

LAKERS_FAN89

Kobe Kobe Kobe!!!!!!
that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MVP>>>>>>>>>>>>K8BE 8)