Author Topic: K-Salaam Says The World Is Ours W/ Mos Def, Rakaa & More Audio  (Read 70 times)

SGV

www.dubcnn.com

"I would like to dedicate this album to all people around the world who live in constant fear of being arrested, deported, attacked, or murdered just because of who we are." - K-Salaam

Queens, New York Producer K-Salaam is gearing up to hit the Industry and the world over the head with his infectious music filled with tons of social commentary. Along with Beatnick, the production duo's Shining Star Music, with backing from Koch, will be releasing The World Is Ours on Jully 11th. The Album is sizing up to be massive with features from Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Saigon, Rakaa Irescience of Dilated Peoples, Sizzla, Papoose, Da Backwudz, dead prez, Bobbitto and others. On top of the quote above, K-Salaam also had this to say about the project:

"I would also like to dedicate this album to all people who have had their land stolen from them, from New Orleans to Palestine. We must take it upon ourselves to learn about what is really happening around the world, rather than watching the news because we are not going to get any type of truth from watching a media broadcast that is funded by vampires...Furthermore, I would like to dedicate this album to the people who created this music and culture that is currently being raped by major corporations and record labels. The majority of people who are making big money off of hip-hop are people who have added nothing to the culture, and are not giving anything back to the communities where it originated."

These quotes, plus more, will be in the inlay of each CD. So, if you're feeling what he's saying here and would like to read more, cop the album on July 11th. Here's a few quotes from a couple of the artists on the album:

"It is a blessing to be a part of this project, to be doing something positive for the people through our music, thats what we do. The Lord would not have created the World if he didnt mean for us all to live in it peacefully. We gotta work together to make things right. We stand behind K-Salaam. The World Is Ours." - Da Backwudz

"The world belongs to the people, but it is controlled by the strongest army...through organiztion we can fully excercise our power as a people and as individuals. As individulas we have to do what we can to survive and gain position that can help the whole...THE WORLD IS OURS!" - dead prez

Here's the tracklist and 3 tracks for ya'll to preview:

01. Intro / So Much Trouble
02. Talib Kweli – “What I Feel”
03. Sizzla – “Sail On”
04. Kardinal Offishall – “Ghetto Youth”
05. Papoose feat. Busy Signal – “To The Rescue”
06. Black Ice – “The World Is Ours”
07. Mos Def feat. Sizzla – “Victory”
08. Da Backwudz – “Long Country Road”
09. Capleton – “Never Let Us Down”
10. Rakaa – “Where I’m From”
11. Luciano – “Conquers All”
12. Bobbito Garcia – “Vieques PSA”
13. Dead Prez – “Fallen Soldierz”
14. Saigon – “Bad Mind”
15. Anthony B. – “Revolution”
16. Suher Hammad “Refugees / Outro”

For more info visit K-Salaam.com

www.dubcnn.com

On The Edge of Insanity

Re: K-Salaam Says The World Is Ours W/ Mos Def, Rakaa & More Audio
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:59:39 AM »
The Mos Def & Sizzla track was pretty hot, not a great fan of the Dead Prez track though, and I didn't check the Papoose, props for posting this though, I might check the album out if I can find somewhere to listen to a few more of the tracks.

SGV

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:28:43 AM »
Yea that Mos Def joint is my shit right now.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:44 AM »
Heard the Papoose joint already, that's a sick ass song. Dead Prez was ok. I don't listen to them often though.