Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound's "Cali Iz Active" album cover inside  (Read 1124 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tha Dogg Pound's "Cali Iz Active" album cover inside
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 07:15:09 AM »
when's the album coming out?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 07:17:50 AM »
^^27th June

The DPG Street Team started 123471294613947 threads to tell us about it...

GoldyLoc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 07:28:14 AM »
i hope its not the real album cover cuz its hella weak

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 07:30:43 AM »
this some kind of sick joke?

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 09:26:19 AM »
Did Fat Nigga Daz ask his little cuz to makethat cover on photoshop?

WACKNESS
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 09:38:31 AM »
It's not TOO bad, I guess. Just the contrast of the blue and yellow lettering looks a little weird. Well, as long as the music is dope, who cares about the cover??
well if you don´t have a dope cover it can pretty hard to catch the eyes of the general consumer in a record store. so the looks of a cover plays a part in selling records.

When you're on Koch and are dropping a single that's unlikely to blow outside the West Coast, I think the look of your album cover is the least of your album selling woes...
lol,true

SGV

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 09:45:18 AM »
People hate on Koch cuz their favorite rappers clown the label. But the reality of it is... Jim Jones alone is more paid than most rappers in the game and that came from one of the VP's at Koch. Being on Koch means less label politics and more freedom to make an album. Whether or not you capitalize on that is up to you. Snoop got plenty of money and contacts to get a hot cover done. Why not holla at Cartoon? He got him in one of his video's, why not chip him off for a cover? Don't blame Koch, they're really just distribution. Blame Snoop, Daz and Kurupt for not putting the effort in (Much like Snoop, Warren and Nate didn't put the effort in for the 213 album on TVT, while Lil Jon and Pitbull makes grips of money at TVT).

ABN

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 09:59:19 AM »
^of course Jones is paid. not only is he one of the best selling indie artists in America but he also owns 50% of Diplomat Records.

We Fly High

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »
cover is whatevers, but the music will speak for itself. best album since DF, Streetz, or Retaliation

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 10:27:16 AM »
cover is whatevers, but the music will speak for itself. best album since DF, Streetz, or Retaliation

i hope your right i dont wanna be dissapointed.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 10:29:49 AM »

hope you're right
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

d-nice

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 11:09:01 AM »
I wish they had Joe Cool do some artwork. I like that Last Meal cover. If he has some cartoons in there that would be tight.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 11:17:15 AM »
People hate on Koch cuz their favorite rappers clown the label. But the reality of it is... Jim Jones alone is more paid than most rappers in the game and that came from one of the VP's at Koch. Being on Koch means less label politics and more freedom to make an album. Whether or not you capitalize on that is up to you. Snoop got plenty of money and contacts to get a hot cover done. Why not holla at Cartoon? He got him in one of his video's, why not chip him off for a cover? Don't blame Koch, they're really just distribution. Blame Snoop, Daz and Kurupt for not putting the effort in (Much like Snoop, Warren and Nate didn't put the effort in for the 213 album on TVT, while Lil Jon and Pitbull makes grips of money at TVT).

Exactly, Koch do a great job of getting records into stores, but the majority of the promotion is left to the artist, so if they put the effort in they will reap the rewards of that hard work in the sales.

gamefan.06

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 11:50:42 AM »
I think the album will shitft units anyway.  Who cares what the cover looks like.  its the music that counts, right?

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 11:57:04 AM »
i hope the tracks are better than the cover. shit is garbage
CURRENTLY BUMPIN