Author Topic: Boss Dowie leaves post at Palace  (Read 74 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Boss Dowie leaves post at Palace
« on: May 22, 2006, 04:16:26 PM »

Boss Dowie leaves post at Palace

Crystal Palace boss Iain Dowie has left his position as manager of the Championship club by mutual consent.

The 41-year-old cited his desire to be closer to his family in the north as his reason for leaving a post he has held since December 2003.

Dowie and chairman Simon Jordan denied reports they had fallen out in the wake of the club missing out on immediate promotion back to the Premiership.

Dowie has been linked with the jobs at Middlesbrough, Charlton and Ipswich.

He has also been seen as a possible candidate to take over at Preston should the Deepdale club's current boss Billy Davies leave.

Davies has been granted permission to speak to Charlton and will meet with the Addicks on Monday.

Palace finished sixth in the Championship but were beaten 3-0 over two legs in the play-offs by eventual winners Watford.

Jordan has told Iain Dowie he would be unhappy if he were to take the Charlton job if it was offered to him.

"I would be disappointed if Iain were to turn up at Charlton," Jordan said.

"He understands my view. I have made this situation far less acrimonious than it could have been."

But Dowie refused to rule himself out of the Charlton running.

"Unlike Simon, I'm not independently wealthy, so I would like to be in a job.

"I need to work for a living and I need to consider everything that is on offer. Obviously, some things would be better than others.

"The family issue has been a problem, but perhaps it is also time for another challenge, too."
NO MORE WAR