Author Topic: McKinney, Music Artists Talk Youth Empowerment!  (Read 147 times)

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
McKinney, Music Artists Talk Youth Empowerment!
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »
Source: www.reddingnewsreview.com

U.S. Rep Cynthia Mckinney and members of the music industry will come together to promote awarenessand empowerment of young people, according to a news release.

Bobby Brown, Yo Gooti, Public Enemy's Chuck D and Professor Griff, and Fish Scales from the Nappy Roots will participate in "ARMING OURYOUTH WITH WEAPONS OF MASS INSTRUCTION," a press release
for McKinney's,"Hip-Hop Power Shop" reads.

"Congresswoman McKinney believes that young people will be able to take their destiny into their own hands, and soar to heretofore-unseen levels of achievement," the event's news release reads. "To that end, this year's [Hip-Hop Power Shop] will be the most informative and inspiring ever."

The event will be held Saturday, June 10 at 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center on 5616 Memorial Drive in Stone Mountain, Georgia.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: McKinney, Music Artists Talk Youth Empowerment!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »

Cue the fake americans response about her being a crackpot  ::)

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »
cue virtuosos response about americans  ::)

sounds like a good idea. although i'd pretty much only wanna hear mckinney speak, rappers tend to come off fucking stupid when they try and sound enlightened. maybe they'll learn a thing or two from her.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 04:27:42 PM »

wasnt responding about americans i was referring to c walker but lets keep to the subject some rappers do yes but i think chuck d is an intelligent man and people will be able to better relate to him than they would do to her

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »
Bobby Brown, Yo Gooti, Public Enemy's Chuck D and Professor Griff, and Fish Scales from the Nappy Roots will participate in "ARMING OURYOUTH WITH WEAPONS OF MASS INSTRUCTION"
wonder how much they payed these guys to try and give a shit

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 04:38:25 PM »
Not only is she a crackput but she is also violent as well.

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 04:41:45 PM »
yeah Chuck D is pretty well spoken, but over the years ive just heard so much angry black rhetoric he's losta little credit. although lately he's been saying some things in interviews i really feel