Author Topic: who here listens to Weezer?  (Read 293 times)

ABN

Re: who here listens to Weezer?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 09:20:24 AM »
no^ they're a rock band that's been out for a while and has a pretty big cult following with alternative/emo/punk rock listeners

They still make rock music?  I didn't think anybody still listened to alternative/emo/punk.

Rock is still the highest selling form of music

nope, hip hop´s the biggest selling form of music and country´s been behind for 2 years now. country has basically been the biggest selling music in America since people started making it but these days hip hop´s actually the biggest selling genre in America. if you check Soundscan every week then it becomes extremely obvious coz like a third of all the albums on the charts are hip hop/hip pop. MTV even did a story on this a few years ago that made it seem impossible that any genre was gonna outsell country until hip hop did.

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 10:33:57 AM »
I listen to the Blue album every once in awhile....Never really got into their newer stuff, but I enjoy most of their songs on the radio.  The Blue album is classic material tho.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »
no^ they're a rock band that's been out for a while and has a pretty big cult following with alternative/emo/punk rock listeners

They still make rock music?  I didn't think anybody still listened to alternative/emo/punk.

Emo is actually a relatively new style. I think it sucks. It may even be worse than hip hop.

They're almost polar opposites:

Emo is full of self-loathing rich kids
Hip-Hop is full of self-loving (sometimes poor) kids

I meant in quality of music, and I only said it to piss off Infinite. Nothing is worse than emo.
ill disagree, i mean some emo shit is just horrible, but some stuff that is considered emo like Something Corporate, i think makes very quality music.