Author Topic: Lots of Nintendo news  (Read 898 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Lots of Nintendo news
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 01:58:27 PM »
Trauma's getting owned in this...All he can do is claim ridiculous shit without backing it up with sources. This Shallow guy is shitting all over everything he says, and he refuses to respond...It's pretty clear who won.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 07:23:10 AM »
Trauma's getting owned in this...All he can do is claim ridiculous shit without backing it up with sources. This Shallow guy is shitting all over everything he says, and he refuses to respond...It's pretty clear who won.

Well, I'm not trying to "win". I'm just rying to get a few points across to the readers that Trauma always seems to avoid, and I'm just trying to get some solid numbers from him and where they came from.

If anyone knows any sources that have the info for the profit SCEA made last year I'd like to see it. Also showing any money Nintendo made from non-gme revenue, like Pokemon cards or the cartoon, would be appreciated.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 07:41:57 AM »
I dun see Nintendo making any major waves w/ the Wii..........they might as well engrave their shit on the wooden spoon.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 11:28:11 AM »
I dun see Nintendo making any major waves w/ the Wii..........they might as well engrave their shit on the wooden spoon.

I totally disagree,i think the Wii is looking to have a great future, espicially with its friendly price point,i mean if u can get a Wii and 360 for the price of a ps3,then why would people still choose a ps3,even when the 360 had the strongest software lineup at this past e3. I can see people who already have a 360 getting a Wii when it comes out (i know i will) just because its doing stuff that weve never seen in gaming,and it can provide an experience that the 360 and ps3 cant, i cant wait till it comes out personally..

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 01:22:22 PM »

Suck a cock.

Here's Nintendo's info from a few days ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151858.html?q=nintendo

Note net profit in the past year of 873 MILLION DOLLARS

Here's Sony's info from a month ago.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148465.html?q=sony

Note sony's gaming division made 75 Million dollars in the past year.

If you add Sony Pictures, Sony Home Entertainment, Sony's television and home electronics division, etc. blah blah blah etc, they made a billion dollars last year. 

Apples to oranges, Nintendo's gaming division is making 11 times as much money as Sony's gaming division.

You can spin that however you want, you can say whatever you want, but as I said, one more time

NINTENDO MADE 11 TIMES AS MUCH MONEY AS SONY LAST YEAR

BTW, Bitch about the Wii some more, need I post the video, AGAIN, of the E3 doors opening and hundreds of people running PAST the playable PS3's to play the Nintendo Wii?  It was fucking embarassing. 

NIK, Apologize for being a bitch.  Apologize for assuming I'm wrong when actually I'm right and YOU'RE wrong.

Shallow; same thing.  Apologize for thinking my numbers were wrong, and tell me that I know more than you.  Do this publicly, as you questioned me publicly.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 04:42:13 PM »

Shallow; same thing.  Apologize for thinking my numbers were wrong, and tell me that I know more than you.  Do this publicly, as you questioned me publicly.

Show me where I said your numbers were wrong and I'll gladly apologize. I just asked for sources and claimed I couldn't find any, which I couldn't. You showed me the sources, which I asked for, and I thank you for showing me.

Here's what we know. Last year Sony generated double the revenue in the game market that Nintendo did, but Sony claims they spent most of that revenue on research and development for the PS3, now we will see if that was smart or stupid in the next two years. If the R&D leads to hundreds of millions in profit then it was smart, if it doesn't then it was stupid. Let me say once again I am not a Sony fan and I have never purchased a Sony Game product in my life. However, going back to my original point; Sony was still at least  around 2 times better for the industry than Nintendo was (I say at least because I don't know how much of the 4.5 billion was brought in by non-video game properties).

Also, Nintendo can cut costs all they want but as ling as they lose revenue they will keep running out of things to cut, and as long as Sony keeps increasing revenue they can keep spending. Nintendo was in trouble so it had to develop a new business model a few years back. Sony has been soaring so it keeps spending. It blow up in it's face and it could not. Time will tell, but what we know is that Nintendo has to start increasing revenue sooner or later. We'll see if they can do that this coming year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »

NIK, Apologize for being a bitch.  Apologize for assuming I'm wrong when actually I'm right and YOU'RE wrong.

How am I wrong? You're on Nintendo's nutsack, man...Shallow is just neutralizing the thread...No apology, bitch. :-*