Author Topic: Original Members Of Naughty By Nature Reunite; Working On New Album  (Read 184 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Original Members Of Naughty By Nature Reunite; Working New Album

The original members of Naughty By Nature recently reunited for an unforgettable performance at New York's BB Kings nightclub mid-May, the first time in the city since 1999.

On Wednesday (May 17), Treach and Vinne took a crowd through memory lane, performing classics such as "O.P.P.," "Hip-Hop Hooray," "Everything's Gonna Be Alright," "Uptown Anthem," and "Mourn You Til I Join You" before bringing nearly half of the audience onstage to party with them on their closing song, "Wild Muthaf---as," (produced by and featuring Lil' Jon) from their last album, IIcons.

But, the highlight of the night came when a special guest joined the Naughty duo onstage. Midway through their performance, Treach requested his signature drink, Hennessey, shouting the request out to the bar. But, instead of a waitress bringing the bottle of cognac up to the stage, none other than Naughty By Nature's former
producer/DJ, Kay Gee, joined both Treach and Vinnie onstage to a stunned crowd.

While photographers' bulbs flashed simultaneously, Treach proclaimed "he's back" alluding to Kay Gee's return to the group as producer of the next Naughty By Nature album.

The BB King performance marked the first time the original three members of the group performed together since their split in 1999 with the release 19 Naughty IX: Natures Fury.

Now, with the announcement of their reunion, the trio plan to return back into the studio to record a forthcoming album, while in the meantime, Treach is writing songs for long anticipated his solo effort.

"The party anthems that we created with Kay Gee defined Naughty By Nature sound, so were really happy to have him back with us," said Vinnie backstage after the show.

"Looking back and seeing Kay there brought so many memories. It's good to know that he's back," proclaimed Treach.

The night was definitely one to remember. But, Naughty By Nature was not the only performers of the night. Others included Black Sheep, UMCs, and Chip Fu of The Fu Schnickens with surprise appearances from hip-hop veterans Just Ice, Craig G, King Sun, Grand Master Caz, Melle Mel, DJ Red Alert, Chip Fu, Mark 45 King, D-Nice, and newcomers Garden State Greats.

In addition to Kay Gee's return, the group will be relaunching their Naughty Gear clothing line, the first clothing line started by a hip-hop group. The line, which includes embroidered hoodies, heavyweight ringer Tee, boxers, bed sheets, and even lingerie for the ladies all imprinted with their naughty logo, can be purchased on their official website, www.naughtybynature.com.

— Jay Casteel
http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/91571690/

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
good to hear

i remember a whole back i cant remember when, i think it was on 106 and Park they said they wouldnt work with Kay Gee again or sumthin like that

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Thats Good News!!!!

herpes

:D

Suga Foot

that's good to hear.  NBN isn't NBN withouth Kay Gee

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nice to hear some good newz again!!!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

mauzip

Nice to hear some good newz again!!!

ABN

i´m actually looking forward to another Naughty album :)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i´m actually looking forward to another Naughty album :)

Yeah me too but I also hope Kay iz gonna produce some more R&B shit I liked what he did for Jaheim, Tha' Rayne, Next and a bunch of otherz...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

jeromechickenbone

that's good to hear. NBN isn't NBN withouth Kay Gee

Word.  I hope he does some darker shit a la NBN's early days.  Don't get me wrong, NBN has some of the greatest party tracks ever, but I like a little diversification.  Great news overall.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Original Members Of Naughty By Nature Reunite; Working On New Album
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 04:27:45 PM »
Good fuckin shit, thats tight.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 11:33:58 PM »
that's good to hear. NBN isn't NBN withouth Kay Gee

Word.  I hope he does some darker shit a la NBN's early days.  Don't get me wrong, NBN has some of the greatest party tracks ever, but I like a little diversification.  Great news overall.

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 11:44:07 PM »
new album? i'll believe it when i see it...this is the same thing we've been hearing about the fugees for 2 years...