Author Topic: I wish my all of my favorite labels and artist sign to Koch  (Read 340 times)

BigBDrugStores

that way the would actually drop, look at stat quo if he was on koch we would have had 2 cds by now. i think koch doesnt care about putting up huge numbers so none of this pushing back due to lack of hype

Eihtball

Re: I wish my all of my favorite labels and artist sign to Koch
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »
Being on Koch also generally means much smaller recording budgets, not to mention less promotion.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:02:08 PM »
but reallly fuck big promotion, and the cds that i own from koch sound great and beat hard with little known produces (cheap producers)

herpes

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 04:02:31 PM »
Being on Koch also generally means much smaller recording budgets, not to mention less promotion.
yea but you get creative freedom and more for each album sold.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 04:02:48 PM »
If I was rich as fuck - and I mean REALLY rich, not some cheap millionaire shit - I'd create my own lable, then get all the rappers I really like and tell them to make awesome music. If they don't sell I will give them mad money if their albums are classics in my book. How awesome would that be, really? I wonder why noone ever did something like that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 04:11:24 PM »
If I was rich as fuck - and I mean REALLY rich, not some cheap millionaire shit - I'd create my own lable, then get all the rappers I really like and tell them to make awesome music. If they don't sell I will give them mad money if their albums are classics in my book. How awesome would that be, really? I wonder why noone ever did something like that.

you better be filthy rich because its a business and you would be a shitty business man. i sure as hell wouldnt want to lose money over a classic cd.

Eihtball

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 04:16:25 PM »
yea but you get creative freedom and more for each album sold.

To a degree, but generally, most artists on Koch aren't putting out music that's really that much better than the majors.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 06:08:34 AM »

you better be filthy rich because its a business and you would be a shitty business man. i sure as hell wouldnt want to lose money over a classic cd.

You didn't get the point. It's not about making money, it's about making music. Fuck profit. The profit lies in the music. Someone as rich as Mark Cuban could easily afford such a label.
How you know I'd be a shitty business man, and how is this relevant in this hypothetical theory? Shut the fuck up.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 06:10:17 AM by 7even says: Fuck what Simon says. »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 09:09:52 AM »
Koch is a hell of a label. 

ABN

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 09:11:13 AM »
in a couple of years Koch is gonna be a major if they keep it up.

SGV

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 09:22:03 AM »
People hear everyone bad mouthing Koch and get this bad idea of the label.

You don't need a huge recording budget to make good music. You just need talent to do so. Koch gives you the option of being able to make the music you want. The only catch is that YOU have to grind hard enough to promote YOURSELF. They're a Major Indipendent. They're really just distro for artists and labels. The people bad mouthing them are the ones who probably wouldn't be able to make it on such a label.

In today's Rap world, you don't need a huge budget to get these big artists. It's as simple as trading favors or even getting something on the strength. It's possible. Look at a dude like Alchemist.

Jome

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 09:28:52 AM »
I like Koch, they remind me of Rawkus in some ways..

Koch pros/cons:

+ Albums drops the announced day usually, no major pushbacks.
+ No need for a "Hot producer at the moment mixed with some hot at the moment singer" pop single needed to sell the album.
+ No need to turn the album into a guestfest to put the big names on the cover.
+ No need to be a big star to get a release date, even young newcomers get their chance on Koch, new producers also get their shot.
+ More freedom for the artists to make the album they want to make, not the album the CEO wants them to make.

- No album budget, none to little promotion
- Some stars doesn't want to get associated with Koch, or be heard on a Koch record. Or they're too expensive for Koch's budget.
- Even with a dope album, Koch artists rarely get much recognition and success, gets overlooked by many due to no promotion.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 09:36:25 AM »
They are essentially just major distributers working with independent artists, so they get the records into the stores, and its up to the artists to make sure the public wants to buy them.

I like Koch, they remind me of Rawkus in some ways..

How exactly?

SGV

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 10:16:22 AM »
They're nothing like Rawkus. Rawkus was a label, not distribution.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 10:27:59 AM »
People hear everyone bad mouthing Koch and get this bad idea of the label.

You don't need a huge recording budget to make good music. You just need talent to do so. Koch gives you the option of being able to make the music you want. The only catch is that YOU have to grind hard enough to promote YOURSELF. They're a Major Indipendent. They're really just distro for artists and labels. The people bad mouthing them are the ones who probably wouldn't be able to make it on such a label.

In today's Rap world, you don't need a huge budget to get these big artists. It's as simple as trading favors or even getting something on the strength. It's possible. Look at a dude like Alchemist.

Man I wouldn't have a problem signing with them. I'd rather do shit like that myself. Make the music I want, no big name producers would be good I get myself out there and new producers too, all promotion is up to yourself is nice You do what you want to do to make it sell. If I ever made an album I'd love it to be as real as fuck!

Hell, I'm happy Xzibit just went with them now!