Author Topic: The Hills Have Eyes 2...New sequel being made to the 2006 remake!  (Read 130 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Wes Craven has announced he and son Jonathan Craven are writing the script for a sequel. Alexandre Aja will be directing this one as well... The plot consists of a group of National Guard trainees who find themselves battling against a vicious group of mutants on their last day of training in the desert. IT IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE 1985 SEQUEL, NOR WILL IT HAVE ANY INVOLVEMENT WITH THAT FILM.

The first remake was brutal and was one of the better and more consistant hollywood re-makes I have seen...And with Wes Craven working on the script and Aja remaining in the director's seat, this sequel should also be pretty good...I know the sequel/remake thing is getting a little ridiculous, but who can deny that horror has produced some nice films recently? "Saw 3", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning", "Hostel 2", and now this are set to be coming out soon...It's definitely better than the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" days...PeACe

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=6142

Sikotic™

Re: The Hills Have Eyes 2...New sequel being made to the 2006 remake!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 12:04:46 PM »
Sounds good. I only saw the remake and it was great.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 03:54:21 PM »
Wes Craven has announced he and son Jonathan Craven are writing the script for a sequel. Alexandre Aja will be directing this one as well... The plot consists of a group of National Guard trainees who find themselves battling against a vicious group of mutants on their last day of training in the desert. IT IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE 1985 SEQUEL, NOR WILL IT HAVE ANY INVOLVEMENT WITH THAT FILM.

The first remake was brutal and was one of the better and more consistant hollywood re-makes I have seen...And with Wes Craven working on the script and Aja remaining in the director's seat, this sequel should also be pretty good...I know the sequel/remake thing is getting a little ridiculous, but who can deny that horror has produced some nice films recently? "Saw 3", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning", "Hostel 2", and now this are set to be coming out soon...It's definitely better than the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" days...PeACe

Will be looking forward to this for sure!!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning  ??? Haven't heard anything about that is Tobe Hooper (director of the 1974 original) also involved in this?!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 04:15:07 PM »

Will be looking forward to this for sure!!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning  ??? Haven't heard anything about that is Tobe Hooper (director of the 1974 original) also involved in this?!

No...It's a prequel to the remake. Gunna be directed by up-and-coming director Jonathan Liebesman. He also directed "Darkness Falls" and is set to direct the next "Friday The 13th" sequel...Here's a plot outline:

On one last road trip before they're sent to serve in Vietnam, two friends (Handley and Bomer) and their girlfriends (Baird and Brewster) get into an accident that calls their local sheriff (Ermey) to the scene. Thus begins a terrifying experience where the teens are taken to a secluded house of horrors, where a young, would-be killer is being nurtured.

The only involvement from Tobe Hooper, I believe, will be that he created the franchise and the character of Leatherface...PeACe

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 04:19:42 PM »
Interesting I hope they will do the remake justice!

Goddam that new Friday The 13th sequel is still happening?!! Can't wait to hear more about that you sure it's not Freddy vs Jason 2?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »

Goddam that new Friday The 13th sequel is still happening?!! Can't wait to hear more about that you sure it's not Freddy vs Jason 2?

Yes. I'm sure. In fact, they don't even know what they're gunna do for "Freddy vs. Jason 2"..."Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael" is still a possibility according to Robert Englund (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1107), though it's looking like the Akkad family (owners of the Michael Myers character) aren't down with it. But a "Freddy vs. Jason" sequel is on hold, they're now focusing on the "Nightmare on Elm Street" prequel and the "Friday the 13th" sequel, which will also be produced by Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes (the production company of the 2 new "TCM" films) and written by Mark Wheaton. In fact, I'm gunna bring the thread I made about the "Nightmare" prequel back up, since there's more info on it now...PeACe

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 05:04:09 PM »

Yes. I'm sure. In fact, they don't even know what they're gunna do for "Freddy vs. Jason 2"..."Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael" is still a possibility according to Robert Englund (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1107), though it's looking like the Akkad family (owners of the Michael Myers character) aren't down with it. But a "Freddy vs. Jason" sequel is on hold, they're now focusing on the "Nightmare on Elm Street" prequel and the "Friday the 13th" sequel, which will also be produced by Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes (the production company of the 2 new "TCM" films) and written by Mark Wheaton. In fact, I'm gunna bring the thread I made about the "Nightmare" prequel back up, since there's more info on it now...PeACe

Yeah I heard about that, first it was Freddy vs Jason vs Ash (even though I liked  Freddy vs Jason in a funny way, I'm glad Raimi didn't okayed it) then Pinhead was brought up, Michael Myers what's next The Ghoulies?? They should just stick with Freddy and Jason otherwise it would be getting REALLY ridiculous...

Another Nightmare prequel?! Wasn't the 7th movie in which Englund played himself already a prequel?

I think New Line still holds the rights to both the Nightmare and Friday franchise and they should definitely make sure that Bay's production company is not gonna make a bloodless Scream clone with that Friday sequel!!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 05:17:25 PM »

Yeah I heard about that, first it was Freddy vs Jason vs Ash (even though I liked  Freddy vs Jason in a funny way, I'm glad Raimi didn't okayed it) then Pinhead was brought up, Michael Myers what's next The Ghoulies?? They should just stick with Freddy and Jason otherwise it would be getting REALLY ridiculous...

Another Nightmare prequel?! Wasn't the 7th movie in which Englund played himself already a prequel?

I think New Line still holds the rights to both the Nightmare and Friday franchise and they should definitely make sure that Bay's production company is not gonna make a bloodless Scream clone with that Friday sequel!!

Well, "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash" was really close to being made, and according to those who got the chance to see scripts, story boards, etc, they said it would have been a horror fans wet dream. Then they were set to make "Helloween: Michael Myers vs. Pinhead"...They scrapped that as well, though I was looking forward to it (could have been really interesting according to what I read)...Now, Englund really wants Michael in the "Freddy vs Jason" sequel, if they do one. I mean, it makes sense, if you're gunna have Freddy and Jason, might as well include Michael and have the big 3 of horror together in one film...Would be nice. As for the "Friday the 13th" sequel, I doubt Michael Bay will produce a "'Scream' clone"....It should be decent, at least.

Oh yea, and "New Nightmare" was in no way a prequel. It was a sequel, though Wes Craven went with an original concept (movie inside a movie) for it...The story of Freddy was that he was a child murderer before he was burned alive by the parents of the Elm Street children after he was let off trial on technicality errors....It should be really interesting...Check the thread...PeACe