Author Topic: Knicks Fire Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas New Coach  (Read 383 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Knicks Fire Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas New Coach
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 09:54:48 PM »
He blew ass as the Pacers coach. That team was stacked and was 500 every year but 1 when he was coach. And they year they were above 500 they were 42 and 40 I think? Ron, JO, Brad Miller, Reggie, Al Harrington, Jalen Rose (6 years ago mind you) and you can't break 500 or win a playoff series? He's a joke, and was a terrible coach. There is no mistake the year Carlisle took over they won 50 games without Brad Miller no less. Then coach the pacers to a winning record and a playoff series win when Ron gets suspended for the entire season as well as JO and Sjax both being suspended for almost a quarter season. Zeke is a total blow hard. He won't make it thru the season without getting canned.

As far as I can remember, Jermaine O'Neal was extremely disappointed and upset with the franchise when Isiah was fired. He said Isiah brought him to levels no one else could...I believe he claimed that the only reason he signed his extension was because the front office promised the return of Isiah Thomas as the head coach...I dunno, I remember them being a strong team under him...I think it will work in New York, it can't get any worse than last year...PeACe

Well unlike what you said JO is happy right now with the team but yes NIK you are right on the money the only reason JO signed that 7yr127million contract is because he was guarenteed that Isiah was coming back and yes he felt betrayed by Bird who basically lied to him and I dont blame him and that is why until now Bird and JO's relationship was sour.  I think Isiah will do ok with the Knicks and I think he was average when he coached the pacers. Yes we had a good team but remember at the time JO and Ronnie werent quite as good as the are now.

According to various sources, he's unhappy with the Pacers as of now and can be on the trading block...I dont just make these things up myself, you know.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 10:09:31 PM »
He blew ass as the Pacers coach. That team was stacked and was 500 every year but 1 when he was coach. And they year they were above 500 they were 42 and 40 I think? Ron, JO, Brad Miller, Reggie, Al Harrington, Jalen Rose (6 years ago mind you) and you can't break 500 or win a playoff series? He's a joke, and was a terrible coach. There is no mistake the year Carlisle took over they won 50 games without Brad Miller no less. Then coach the pacers to a winning record and a playoff series win when Ron gets suspended for the entire season as well as JO and Sjax both being suspended for almost a quarter season. Zeke is a total blow hard. He won't make it thru the season without getting canned.

As far as I can remember, Jermaine O'Neal was extremely disappointed and upset with the franchise when Isiah was fired. He said Isiah brought him to levels no one else could...I believe he claimed that the only reason he signed his extension was because the front office promised the return of Isiah Thomas as the head coach...I dunno, I remember them being a strong team under him...I think it will work in New York, it can't get any worse than last year...PeACe

Well unlike what you said JO is happy right now with the team but yes NIK you are right on the money the only reason JO signed that 7yr127million contract is because he was guarenteed that Isiah was coming back and yes he felt betrayed by Bird who basically lied to him and I dont blame him and that is why until now Bird and JO's relationship was sour.  I think Isiah will do ok with the Knicks and I think he was average when he coached the pacers. Yes we had a good team but remember at the time JO and Ronnie werent quite as good as the are now.

According to various sources, he's unhappy with the Pacers as of now and can be on the trading block...I dont just make these things up myself, you know.

There was just a interview in the indy star and JO said he is happy with the team but also said if hes not healthy next year with a career year then he probably wants to start over somewhere else but all sources right now are saying he's happy

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 10:41:15 PM »
lol, being a .500 team and never getting out of the first round of the playoffs does not = a strong team. He supported zeke because he believed in JO. He was more of a pal than a coach. And yes, he was very upset when they chased him out of the state, but JO is a pro, and several million dollars later he seemed to forget about that situation. And I would not be a bit surprised if he is on the trading block. He is injury prone, and his leadership skills have been questioned by the front in. I'm not saying I'd like to see him go, just stating that it would not surprise me. He's missed probably 1/5 to 1/4 of the season every season for the last 4 years with small nagging injuries. Nothing major. I think JO's a warrior, and do not doubt his claims of being hurt, just kinda hard to build around a guy if he has to deal with small injuries year in and year out. Tinsley has missed over 20 games in the last 2 years with flu like symptons. Foster has been in and out with back problems, same with pollard. We need some healthy peeps lol. Been a tough couple of years to be a Pacer fan with Ron Rons retardation, and the plethora of injuries. Hoping for a better year this year.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »
lol, being a .500 team and never getting out of the first round of the playoffs does not = a strong team. He supported zeke because he believed in JO. He was more of a pal than a coach. And yes, he was very upset when they chased him out of the state, but JO is a pro, and several million dollars later he seemed to forget about that situation. And I would not be a bit surprised if he is on the trading block. He is injury prone, and his leadership skills have been questioned by the front in. I'm not saying I'd like to see him go, just stating that it would not surprise me. He's missed probably 1/5 to 1/4 of the season every season for the last 4 years with small nagging injuries. Nothing major. I think JO's a warrior, and do not doubt his claims of being hurt, just kinda hard to build around a guy if he has to deal with small injuries year in and year out. Tinsley has missed over 20 games in the last 2 years with flu like symptons. Foster has been in and out with back problems, same with pollard. We need some healthy peeps lol. Been a tough couple of years to be a Pacer fan with Ron Rons retardation, and the plethora of injuries. Hoping for a better year this year.

Whoa are u a pacers fan?? I thought I was the only one on dubc who loved the pacers, I have been a diehard pacer fan since I was little and first started watching nba even though I have lived in cali my whole life and yes the 2 years after we won 60 games and had the best record in the league it has been very tough being a pacer fan with all of the drama.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 09:24:54 AM »
Yep, I live in Indiana, big fan. There are at least a couple others on the forum who are pacer fans too. They don't post much anymore tho. :)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 11:25:42 AM »

Whoa are u a pacers fan?? I thought I was the only one on dubc who loved the pacers, I have been a diehard pacer fan since I was little and first started watching nba even though I have lived in cali my whole life and yes the 2 years after we won 60 games and had the best record in the league it has been very tough being a pacer fan with all of the drama.

He's the same Pacer fan who liked Kareem Rush over Fred Jones...You thought it was so absurd of me and I posted up a quote of his, remember? Anyways, Isiah Thomas has a winning record as a head coach, and that's more than I can say for most coaches. I think he'll fit in with New York's players, they need a "pal" type of coach, not another Larry Brown...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 04:01:16 PM »

He's the same Pacer fan who liked Kareem Rush over Fred Jones...You thought it was so absurd of me and I posted up a quote of his, remember? Anyways, Isiah Thomas has a winning record as a head coach, and that's more than I can say for most coaches. I think he'll fit in with New York's players, they need a "pal" type of coach, not another Larry Brown...PeACe

sorry imo Fred Jones > Kareem Rush

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 04:17:11 PM »

sorry imo Fred Jones > Kareem Rush

Great...That's your opinion. No need for an apology.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 09:23:57 PM »
I'd still take Rush over Freddy. I think Fred is a locker room problem. There have been rumblings about that for a while now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 11:04:37 PM »
I'd still take Rush over Freddy. I think Fred is a locker room problem. There have been rumblings about that for a while now.

Yea, Rush has a lot of potential...He was averaging 15 points on 40+% 3FG & 45+% FG as the Bobcats primary offesnive weapon before he got that injury and missed a bunch of games...Then when he returned, he had to come off the bench behind Raymond Felton and got limited playing time...From what I can remember in his Laker days, he was always lookin' nice on the court, though he was getting minimal  minutes behind Kobe. He was actually my 2nd favorite player on the Lakers...He has a lot of potential...Beautiful stroke, bothers opponts with his long arms on D, great man-up defense, I also remember he had some nice offensive moves, that little pull-up game...I think he would fit perfect with the Lakers current style, I hope they sign him...I know Phil Jackson wants him...PeACe