Author Topic: Secret Window  (Read 241 times)

Doggystylin

Secret Window
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:53:02 AM »
I've heard negative reviews for this left and right but I actually really liked this movie, all the reasons for the hate are ridiculous, like oh this movie ripped off other movies. Who cares, it was still done well, and just cause some movie like Fight Club is some sort of psychological thriller/action there doesnt mean there can't be anything else similar. Johnny Depp really made the film though, his performance and character is what really keeps you in the film cause the whole plot and everything kinda drags for a while but you dont notice with Depp;s presence until the end where the plot gets its twist.

Oh yeah I can't believe this was actually considered a horror film, lol

Some things I would have liked, or changed is..
more psychological explanation and have them go deeper into that
more gory killings, for example the camera cut away from a couple scenes that had the potential for being gory
ending should have been darker, showed him fully kill the couple and bury them however he did it

What was the deal with rainey in the end with the new glasses, braces and hair, was that the real him and the person in the story is how he imagined himself in the story? i dont fully understand that part

On The Edge of Insanity

Re: Secret Window
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 02:05:41 AM »
I've been meaning to check this out for a while despite the indifferent reviews it got. Any film has has Johnny Depp and John Turturro playing off each other probably has to be worth watching.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 02:39:48 AM »
I like the movie the acting was fucking awsome.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 06:19:39 AM »
Johnny Depp based his character in this movie on Brian Wilson who spent most of the 70's in a bathrobe just like the one Depp's wearing in the movie.

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 08:55:33 PM »
^^^ is that a fact that he said in an interview or are you just saying that because they are both wearing robes? lol

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 08:58:37 PM »
its prolly a fact considering johnny depp gets the idea of most of his characters from other characters or people.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 10:09:20 PM »
"Brian Wilson....I remember hearing those famous stories or maybe myths about him in this very reclusive period where he didn't leave his house and had sand brought in to cover his living room floor.
Then he dropped the baby grand on top of that and wrote these great classics. That was the level of reclusiveness I was looking for."   - Johnny Depp

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 08:27:45 AM »
This movie was tight.  One thing though, if you see this, then don't watch "Hide & Seek" with DeNiro, because its the SAME FUCKIN THING